Migrating files to a different directory on target PC

mjgardne

Hello,

I am trying to get a simple USMT script to work properly, but after many tweaks and trials, I am still not getting the

correct results so I hope that you can help me... The goal (a starting point for more work) is to locate all .QBB

files on all fixed drives and in all folders (except profiles and operating system ones) and to move them to a new folder in the root of the target entitled, "DATA". For each located file, I would like the folder tree from the source duplicated in the DATA folder of the target to minimize potential collisions. In my final version, I will add to handle collisions within a folder. Right now, everything is working except that files from the root of the source are being placed into the root of the target system, and folders that exist in the root of the source are being copied to the root of the target system. I would like to get something like the following on the target system:

C:\DATA\

C:\DATA\TEMP

C:\DATA\PROGRAM FILES\INTUIT\MYCOMPANY.QBB

C:\DATA\MYBACKUPS\MYCOMPANY12.QBB

Basically, I would like to maintain the directory path for any .QBB or .QBW files that are located, but root it in the DATA folder on the target system. Anyway, I would really appreciate any guidance... I've been beating my head against the wall for days on this one! I've attached the source file for your review.

Thanks,

Mike

QB2.xml