Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Winxp Cd Won't Boot After Rollup Slipstream

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

RexAtHighSpeed

RexAtHighSpeed
  • Members
  • 3 posts
I followed the guide on this site for creating a bootable unattended CD but when I try to boot from cd it just sits there! I ran CD Image pro script after following the instructions to a T.

I started out with the Volume Licensing CD (not SP1). I then slipstreamed SP1 into it without problems. I added applications and registry edits as described in the article. I then ran CD Image pro script and created the .iso. I burned it and now it just sits with a blank screen where it should ask to boot from CD. The original VL disk boots up just fine. Do I need to extract the boot files from the Volume Licensing CD to allow my custom CD to boot?

I know you guys can help me!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

un4given1

un4given1

Elaborate Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
Well... SP1 checks for a valid VLK when you install it. If you slipstream SP1 into it and you have a "blacklisted" VLK then it will do what you talk about. If you have a valid VLK because you are a Select Partner or a VLK customer then you really shouldn't have a problem.

Aaron

Aaron

The MSFN Banana

• Patrons
  • 5,767 posts
Slipstream Service Pack 1 first, then the Rollup slipstream, not vice-versa.

RexAtHighSpeed

RexAtHighSpeed
  • Members
  • 3 posts
I am using the the actual green and copper disk from Microsoft. The company I work for (Hendrick Motorsports) is a Microsoft customer and MSDN subscriber. We use Mobile Automation to keep rogue software installation to a minimum and Microsoft receives monthly reports on what software we install on what machines. I have the actual disk in my hand and a Volume Licensing key obtained from Microsoft for use in installation. What am I doing wrong?

I'm just going to Slipstream SP1a and see if everything is fine so far. If I can boot that disk, then I will do the rollup and so on from there. Do I need to extract the boot files from the actual disk or will the bootfiles in the CD Image Pro script work fine?

Bachus

Bachus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 408 posts
Extract the boot image from the original disc and use that. Its always worked for me. :)

un4given1

un4given1

Elaborate Dreamer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts
My father worked for Hendricks years ago. Still based here out of Indy?

RexAtHighSpeed

RexAtHighSpeed
  • Members
  • 3 posts
Charlotte, NC. - NASCAR not CART/IRL

I got it to boot - I followed the Elder Geeks guide to the letter and extracted the boot files from the actual CD and named it WXPVOL_EN as on the original. I personalized it with our stamdard software package (Acrobat reader, Norton, reg settings) and it works perfectly! I installed all but two of the hotfixes. I am very pleased!

Thanks guys

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN