Generic USB Modem Drivers?

aLeXis

Well, i have a Nokia N73 and i can use it in mass storage mode with no problems (thanks to Maximus) but what i need now is to use it in "PC Suite Mode"...and the version of Nokia PC Suite (or just the cable driver) that works with the N73 only supports 2000 and XP (yes NO VISTA :P)...so is there such a generic driver for this or can someone look into the cable driver/inf file to see if its moddable for win98se ? Thanks in advance.

Link to the driver: http://europe.nokia.com/A4144937

Edited by aLeXis

Well, i have a Nokia N73 and i can use it in mass storage mode with no problems (thanks to Maximus) but what i need now is to use it in "PC Suite Mode"...and the version of Nokia PC Suite (or just the cable driver) that works with the N73 only supports 2000 and XP (yes NO VISTA :P)...so is there such a generic driver for this or can someone look into the cable driver/inf file to see if its moddable for win98se ? Thanks in advance.

Link to the driver: http://europe.nokia.com/A4144937

Same problem, or with SONY K800i - with NUSB not properly busy... (i try SLAX - live LINUX - detect properly, winXP - detect properly mass storage).

• 3 weeks later...

I'm afraid you're in the same boat as myself with the HUAWEI phone drivers (I have an earlier thread on this).

The sys files in the Nokia driver package are all directly dependant on ntoskrnl.exe (and other XP-only files) and the dlls are mostly missing functions in setupapi.dll, kernel32.dll and others.

I'd say they did their best to make sure Win9x is out of question. :(