low fps while playing movie

Hi friends,

I have just converted my current datacenter edition to workstation. I have installed klite codecs pack and vista x64 codecs component.

but it shows very low fps while playing any videos . about 12-15 fps! :unsure:

while this is just working fine on vista. any tweak for this issue?

0529483f175e1dedc.jpg

Amit

actually, i m getting low FPS in playing AVI files only....other formats playing well. :)

Bro, klite codec pack has some issues with AVI, am using Vista codec pack v4.6.7, uninstall the current codec pack and install vista codec with its x64 codec pack as well, this will solve your avi low fps issue hopefully

Btw what version of dreamscene pack are you using?

what is the name of the theme your using?

and lastly where and how did you get the clock working in sidebar, i have vista sp1 v6001 sidebar on server but the clocks dont show properly.

Your workstation server looks Awesome!

Actually avi is just a container. It's not a video compression format. You can certainly find which compression format is used in the file properties (properties inside your media player, not properties as in "windows explorer" !).

thnx for the info,

i just tried vista codecs pack 4.4.8. but it aint even playing AVI file on media player now. I have also installed x64 codecs component pack.

now in 32bit Media player, it shows only black screen while playing AVI file, and on 64bit media player it is showing missing codec error!

while with klite codec pack i was atleast able to play AVI file on both media players :}

I m using "Reaper X" theme.

about getting that clock working with sidebar, try "sidebar.exe /regserver" command :).

and i m not using dreamscene on this. it is just a simple wallpaper .

btw, how did u get dreamscene working on server?i tried that trick which works on home premium and other vista editions..but it doesnt work on this.

@camarade_tux,

Video format is,

VideoType : MPG2 352x288 25.00fps

all kinda codecs are there, but donno whts the problem with it :(.

Amit

Edited by amit_talkin

I m using "Reaper X" theme.

about getting that clock working with sidebar, try "sidebar.exe /regserver" command :).

and i m not using dreamscene on this. it is just a simple wallpaper .

btw, how did u get dreamscene working on server?i tried that trick which works on home premium and other vista editions..but it doesnt work on this.

hey bro, nice to hear that your problem is solved :)

and thanks for the info of your themes, etc..

Edited by shahed26

u welcome,

Only Dreamscene version 2.0 works with server. Am using the free preview version downloaded from Stardock website.

And yes the trick does not work on server, but it worked on other vista editions.

• 7 months later...

K-Lite codec pack? Yukky....

http://www.cccp-project.net/

Why?

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/t280855.html

And he's talking about Dreamscene. Not Stardock's one. Dreamscene is the one that comes with Vista. Erm.... MyDigitalLife one works, don't think I had to modify it at all. I'll upload it though if..... Oh wait you're on x64 right? Bummer. Nevermind lol.

Edited by bboy_sonik