Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Works on two computers but not 1

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

tjcinnamon

tjcinnamon

• 14 posts
Hi,

Great utility. I tried to install XP on my optical drive-less tablet and it took me days until I found your gem. I retired it for a while but now I am re-formating a few of my machines.

Anyways I have 2 machines where the USB key loads the bootloader (txt, GUI, Grub ect...).

On another machine (the most important one, murphey's law), I get a "disk read error occured; Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart"

I'm confident I have the USB stick set up correctly because it works on 2 of my machines. Clearly somethings not working. Any idea's on what I have done or what may be wrong?

Thanks,
JOe K.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

ilko_t

ilko_t

MSFN Addict

• Super Moderator
  • 1,718 posts
Try to format in another file system, FAT16, FAT16x, FAT32...
What program did you use to format USB stick and in what file system?
You may also try to play with BIOS options- USB legacy support and if it has USB emulation mode.
How do you choose to start from USB- using a hot key like F11 and change order or within BIOS? Try the latter.
Read also here, FAQ #10 in particular:
http://home.graffiti...SB/USBfaqs.html

Install Windows from USB, boot Linux, multiboot and a lot more with WinSetupFromUSB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN