How to Add Windows updates?

Raymond Day

I all ready made my Windows CD to SP3. But after installing it I still have to do Windows Update.

I did not see any place that tells good how to use nLite. I guessed and just picked my CD rom with Win XP Pro SP3 on it. I thought maybe it would take it from my C drive and made a windows ISO with all the Windows Updates I all ready did.

I guess I would add them to the "Add hotfixes and/or update packs to your installation. I wish it had some were you click on to auto add Windows Updates. I love to have a new install with all the uptodate Updates. So next reinstall I would not have to do a lot of Windows Updates.

If this can be done how would I do it? What would be the links and stuff. All most a step-by-step way?

This is the only way I could want to use nLite.

-Raymond Day

Thank you for the link efrain.

I will have to read it good to see just how to do it.

I thought others must have done this and just make a new .iso. If so can people just download the .iso file. For like Win XP home and Pro and then even the OEM ones? Because all you need is your own Product Key then.

-Raymond Day

I thought others must have done this and just make a new .iso. If so can people just download the .iso file. For like Win XP home and Pro and then even the OEM ones? Because all you need is your own Product Key then.

-Raymond Day

Still would not be legal i'm afraid.

nLite will ask you to add hotfixes you want to include.

Another way is HFSLIP (main site here). In fact, this is exactly what HFSLIP is designed for. It works with 2000, XP, XP64, and 2003. I'm not sure why these hundred-step 'how to make an up to date ISO' processes are suddenly so popular, but that's another story I guess.

I'm not sure why these hundred-step 'how to make an up to date ISO' processes are suddenly so popular, but that's another story I guess.

Same here. If you're going to use a cd to reinstall once or twice, is it more annoying to download updates or to ... download updates in order to remake a new cd ...that you're going to use once or twice ? But that's an other story.

-Raymond Day

Still would not be legal i'm afraid.

Techincal it is legal as long as you use you own OEM key, but people askign for download mostly likely are jsut after getting it free.

The reason i know it is legal is because i aske don technet, i have 6 copies and i wasnt goign to update them all i checked on virtual install and all my cd keys worked on my one retail copy up to date sp3 so wanted to be sure it wa fine and they said as long as oyu have the cd keys you can use one cd. but they also said i should get a volume license go figure even though i dnt havea business. (yes i know you can get iut for personal use just dnt see the point paying microsoft ever year jsut buya new licesne when needed)

nLite will ask you to add hotfixes you want to include.

Another way is HFSLIP (main site here). In fact, this is exactly what HFSLIP is designed for. It works with 2000, XP, XP64, and 2003. I'm not sure why these hundred-step 'how to make an up to date ISO' processes are suddenly so popular, but that's another story I guess.

you cant nlite .net or other things liek wga or root certifactes, but you can svcpack them with the expection of .net3 and 3.5 which need to be runonce