cannie

Clone easily Windows 98 and XP in the same computer.

179 posts in this topic

Modified paragraph C1 to explain (in special for newbies) how to deal bigger than 32 GB FAT32 drives. This is needed in many cases due to the dimension of modern hard drives.

HTH

Modified paragraph C2 to improve the content of "Unmount.reg" by including the deletion of the boot device registry data, so that they become updated automatically at reboot.

HTH

Edited by cannie

Changed all internet direct links into red letter text lines for increased compatibility.

HTH

cannie

Edited by cannie

I am of the opinion this thread (awesome guide, btw) should be "stickified". :thumbup

So say we all... ;)

What say you, dencorso?

Latest improvements:

- All the tutorial's www links have been reviewed, updated and made active.

Happy Christmas to you all!

cannie

Edited by cannie

I'm afraid I forgot to say here that the wide experience obtained all along this thread was essential to build a similar tutorial for Windows 7.

But I've not forgotten the help I received then, and even a rather late I wish to thank dencorso, jaclaz, MDGx and all others for their help.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL

Edited by cannie

I'm afraid I forgot to say here that the wide experience obtained all along this thread was essential to build a similar tutorial for Windows 7.

But I've not forgotten the help I received then, and even a rather late I wish to thank dencorso, jaclaz, MDGx and all others for their help.

HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU ALL

Hmmm, either I am very late, or you are a bit early for Christmas.... ;).

Nice circular referrence you made :w00t:

:angel

:lol:

jaclaz

Hi jaclaz:

You are right: yes.gif It's too late to thank you all (it's a long time since the Windows 7 tutorial was done) and too soon for Christmas (some two weeks before).wub.gif

Well, maybe I've unconsciously tried to repair my fault now by doing just the opposite angel.gif

Best wishes anyway.

cannie.

Edited by cannie

I desperately need to do the first method by connecting my old Win98 HDD and using a floppy to boot it, I've managed to boot it but I always get to the GDI.EXE load failed screen, I don't want to reinstall either OS (Win98 and WinXP), can someone help me.

Latest changes:

- Some text improvements.

HTH

Cannie

Edited by cannie

Latest changes:

- Added paragraph K to include recent useful optimizing freeware after checking its compatibility with Windows 98/XP.

HTH

Cannie

Latest changes:

- Added an easy solution against XP laptop overheating at the end of paragraph L.

HTH

Cannie

Edited by cannie

Latest changes:

- The name of the tutorial has been modified for a better understanding of its contents.

HTH

Cannie