nLite 1.4.5. constantly freezes ?

edin_h

I installed the newest version 1.4.5 but I am unable to do anything with it. I followed the guide and copied Windows XP Pro SP2 into a new empty folder on desktop.

Then I launched nLite and chose that folder with XP in it as a source. nLite then takes 10-15 seconds and lists data about the OS (version etc...)

And then it completely freezes. End of story. I tried not only this newest version but the older ones too. I also tried different Windows XP CDs and I tried to install nLite on different PCs. Nothing helped; always the same problems and freezing.

Am I missing something? Please help me out...

Yes, .NET Framework 2.0 SP1 is installed.

Thank you all

Unfortunately it didn't help. I tried to disable/shut down the antivirus/firewall/real time scanning but the same hungapp repeats. It just freezes in matter of seconds. When I open task manager it clearly states that nLite "stops responding".

I never managed to pass the first step. It barely finishes scanning the Windows XP version (not even that to the end) and whoops FREEZE.

I just don't get. It seemes that I am the only person who has such problems. I can't find anybody else on the forum with similar problems. :unsure: