Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

*SINGLE* BartPE on usb...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

arfett

arfett

Junior

• Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 02-October 05
So on the list I told it where the BartPE files are and it still wants a path for a full XP install. All I want on here is BartPE so why do I need to enter a setup source?
AMD X6 1090T @ 3.6 GHz (200x18) | ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3 | 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600MHz @ 6-9-6-24 1T
Radeon HD5850 | HT Omega Claro Halo | PC P&C 750W Silencer Mk II | Lian Li PC-60FN
EK Supreme HF CPU Block -> Swiftech MCR-220 Radiator -> Swiftech MCP-655 Laing D5 Pump

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

wimb

wimb

• Developer
  • 679 posts
  • Joined 21-March 07
The program is designed to make MultiBoot USB-sticks with boot.ini Menu.
Such sticks require the files ntldr and ntdetect.com which come from your XP Setup Source.

The file ntldr is essential to get the Boot Menu and is not present in your BartPE Source
and is also absent in a possible Vista OS environment.

For making your BartPE Source there was anyway an XP Setup Source needed,
which you can use for making the MultiBoot USB-stick with USB_MultiBoot.cmd
USB Booting - UEFI_MULTI

MBR-Backup - Make-PE3

--------------------

arfett

arfett

Junior

• Pip
  • 68 posts
  • Joined 02-October 05
Thanks. Yeah I knew you need a source to make BartPE, but I figured out that after the next process you can just click no to only copy BartPE without copying an entire xp install. I have a cheap Newegg brand flash drive with crappy speeds so copying XP takes like 30 minutes.

Edited by arfett, 14 June 2008 - 02:08 AM.

AMD X6 1090T @ 3.6 GHz (200x18) | ASUS M4A89TD PRO/USB3 | 2 x 2GB DDR3 1600MHz @ 6-9-6-24 1T
Radeon HD5850 | HT Omega Claro Halo | PC P&C 750W Silencer Mk II | Lian Li PC-60FN
EK Supreme HF CPU Block -> Swiftech MCR-220 Radiator -> Swiftech MCP-655 Laing D5 Pump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users