Runtime Errors in Vista

I know what the problem is, and have sent some code to a beta tester, but have not heard back from him yet.

It was an on-going problem that I tried to fixed, but made it worse, then from that mistake, figured out how to HOPEFULLY cure all the path problems.

Are you getting these errors when run from a harddrive (testing) or from a cd/dvd or a network share? The first error is related to cd/dvd.

I currently have a batch file on a server that transfers the WPI files to the local desktop before running (had some problems running from server). Once the files are copied to the desktop wpi.hta runs. All the install files for programs are located on a remote server, but the paths are correct and function normally. I only get this error message when running the WPI in Vista. The same error message is generated pre and post SP1.

On a slightly odd note, if you click through the errors and close WPI then reopen it .. there are no error messages. I tried killing the UAC to see if that affected it, but to no avail. Im hoping there is a fix without making a script that will open WPI, click through the error messages, close WPI then relaunch it.