Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows Media Player Defaul Player

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

husamhilal

husamhilal
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07
Hi all,
thank you for your great efforts in this forum.
I'd like to ask you for a method to set Windows Media Player the default media player for all the media extensions such as MP3 WMA and others, using a registry tweak or something similar.
Because i faced a problem which is, when i install RealPlayer 11 and WMP 11, the Real Player goes the default media player for the mp3, and i don't want that to happen. (I install them in unatteneded method / silently ) . . .
thanks all

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

ajua

ajua

Custom Installer Maker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts
  • Joined 16-April 05
You can try installing RealPlayer first.

When you first launch WMP you can choose to make it the default player.

Custom Installers for your unattended needs.

husamhilal

husamhilal
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 11-October 07
thank you elajua for the reply,
I've installed WMP after RealPlayer,
and when I run the WMP for the first time, it doesn't give me the screen to make it the default. I know that i can do that from changing the file types from the WMP settings. But i want that to happen automatically.

ajua

ajua

Custom Installer Maker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts
  • Joined 16-April 05
you can export a reg file after making WMP the default player. Just look for each file type you want and export the registry information.
I think that registering a specific dll makes WMP set file types but i don't know which file is it.

Custom Installers for your unattended needs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users