Vistapack 2.6 released

damian666

well, first of all, i am thinking about removing true transparency...

XP has his own theme engine so, its really overkill IMHO.

and there are a lot of dialogs that can be much better designed.

Some more languages would be great :D

you have any idaes?

Damian666

btw, did you see the aboutbox of windows? better now?

well, first of all, i am thinking about removing true transparency...

XP has his own theme engine so, its really overkill IMHO.

and there are a lot of dialogs that can be much better designed.

Some more languages would be great :D

you have any idaes?

Damian666

btw, did you see the aboutbox of windows? better now?

I got some suggestions for improvements:

• I think that we could try to find a better "vista theme" that could replace the existing one, and remove the true transparency as well (taking advantage to better performance). With a "new" vista theme that shows the icons next to "my computer, my documents" and so on (I think XP users are going to like it), and a better location to the "User account picture". Because, when i click that picture (start menu), the user account page on control panel doesn't show up.

(Something like the start menu of Royale Noir Remixed below - It shows Vista-icons in the start menu.)

• And the next part could be making the dialogs better.

• When i have learned how to use the Restorator or the Reshacker, to translate the text to my own language, norwegian support would be added :D

• And yes, i loved the new "about windows" - box you have made :D You fixed the "light-blue-line" (between the logo and the text below), to a much better and darker line in blue color.

• I have an idea. I found a program called Vista Icon Pack v3, which is an installer. You can download it from here. That's the program that gave me the REAL Vista logon screen showing Windows XP below, pretty customized for Windows XP. And the screensaver too. Maybe you can get those two things from that package (and maybe improve it) and get it into this package? And maybe you find something more interesting resources as well :D

(Screenshot below)

• When you are installing Windows XP, the "time and date"-icon, the "time zone"-icon and the "network configuration" icon still has the original XP-look.
  • (Eventually the System properties too)

Only suggestions :)

post-192594-1214058162_thumb.jpg

post-192594-1214061185_thumb.jpg

post-192594-1214061741_thumb.jpg

post-192594-1214064689_thumb.jpg

post-192594-1214064757_thumb.jpg

Edited by prebenandre

Hi, first of all great work so far, keep it up please!

Second two things I noticed:

1.) at the login and logoff screens where it says "saving you personal settings.." bla bla bla around the big "windows orb" in the upper left corner there is a difference in the shades of black near the bottom right of the orb. It just doesnt look right.

2.) I remember reading this before as a suggestion from some one else, but the little icon in the upper right corner of a explorer window should either be left alone (just keep the windows flag) or chaged to something isn't black. The black totally clashes with everything else. Other than those two things everything looks good so far.

EDIT: 3.) When the Standby, Logoff, Restart thingy comes up when you go to turn off your computer the orange/brown standby button doesn't change with a mouseover like the other two buttons do.

Edited by godan

@ prebenandre, did you look at the new screensaver? still not good?

and that theme thingy... i will see what i can do maybe...

those icons are something we have to find then, will fix that for sure.

logon is a kind of a personal thing, i dont like it, because ALL transformation packs use it...

i like it to be different, but i can always open up a poll to see what everybody thinks about it :D

downloaded that pack, but all the icons i allready have :D but i will take the logon to check it out :D

@godan, i wont leave the flag man, its very XP-like and would clash even more then the orb thingy.

but your welcome to make me one vistalike :D

Damian666

did you look at the new screensaver? still not good?

I think it is good, and much better than the previous screensaver! The question is if the Vista Icon Pack 3 screensaver is better.

and that theme thingy... i will see what i can do maybe...

Maybe we find something we could use here :)

Some of these icons could be found in the control panel. And some other icons can be discovered that we can use :)

logon is a kind of a personal thing, i dont like it, because ALL transformation packs use it...

i like it to be different, but i can always open up a poll to see what everybody thinks about it :D

Great :D

downloaded that pack, but all the icons i allready have :D but i will take the logon to check it out :D

Check the screensaver too, if you want :- D

@godan, i wont leave the flag man, its very XP-like and would clash even more then the orb thingy.

but your welcome to make me one vistalike :D

Well.. This is what I think about this:

1. The cursor in "windows explorer" has a dark background, and the others use some kind of grey or white. Is it able to change to that and still use the "cursor"?

2. There is a "weird black connection" from the vista orb and to the rest of the black background that you can see in the logon screen.

Take a look at the screenshots.

post-192594-1214088313_thumb.jpg

post-192594-1214088323_thumb.jpg

ok, i checked the logon, but i really hate it man :(

there are much better look-a-likes out there...

screensaver is cool :D

i have to investigate about the "cursor" in explorer...

talk to you later.

Damian666

I believe those are in syssetup.dll

but your welcome to make me one vistalike.

The orb itself isn't the problem it's the black background of it that sticks out like a sore thumb.

Edited by godan

Hi damian, I must say this is a great pack, been using it since 2.0 :)

And it keeps improving! I like the new bootscreen and logoff... But I think a more Vista-Like logon would be better (I voted to the poll ;))

There is only one thing I don't like very much, and it's the shortcut arrow. IMO, it's too big, in particular when using 48px icons.

So I edited the original one (shell32\30.ico), moving the 32px arrow to the 48px icon setting, and making the 32px arrow a little smaller.

This is how it looks with 48px icons.

iconsan1.th.png

I think it's better like this.

For TrueTransparency, I see no point in removing it, as it is included as an extra in the pack and users can choose whether to use it or not.

Obviously, they're only suggestions. :blushing:

And another thing, if you like, I can translate the main Vistapack window in italian, al well as other resources in the pack. ;)

Edited icon attached.

30.ico

Edited by Smiley89

I believe those are in syssetup.dll

Could be, but i do patch that file so...

The orb itself isn't the problem it's the black background of it that sticks out like a sore thumb.

yeah i know man... as i said, i will try something :D

@smiley, thanx for the icon. i will use that man :D, I too find it absurdly big...

yes, i know its a option, but what if users dont like it? then i dont have to include it anymore.

saves space and trouble :D

thanx guys

Damian666

Damian, you are the best (And I want you to be the best) creator of everyone out there that makes this kind of "Vista transformation pack" for older OS. :thumbup

Vistapack is the best software that do this job (In my opinion). It is so full of resources, so complete, but yet not 100% finished. :angel

I want Vistapack to be the king and the winner of all kind of transformations packs that make the older OS (Windows 2000/XP), look like Windows Vista. :D

And together, we will make it even better! :D

First of all, we need to find all the resources that we are going to use for the next version of Vistapack. And then you will have to implement it, and then release the new version. :rolleyes:

So, here i found a suggestion for implementation:

"All-In-One website" which contains most of the Vista resources for Windows XP: Get the Vista look on XP

(Maybe there is something we can use from there..) :D

Edited by prebenandre

well, i am glad that you think i am the best... myself dont see it taht way, but i am getting there :P

and about "finding" the resources... , its better to do it ourselfs man.

but if we cant do it other ways... we will have to use some others stuff.

And then we will have to implement it, and then release the new version.

we? lol... just let it be me ok?":P i dont think you will get my patcher, no offence btw :D

but yes, i can use your and everybody's help on making it the king of packs :D

as far as i know, i am the only one that makes one for 2000 btw :D

that website, seen, been there done that :D

no good man :D but thanx anyway.

@dave.net i know man, trust me i know... :(

we have a other app in the making, taht enables 32bit on 2000, but its just not ready for the

worldwide release...

its a WPC project, so i cant say much about it ATM... just stay tuned man

Damian666