Vistapack 2.6 released

damian666

for those that are interested, i am moving the download location to a better host.

almost unlimited bandwith, and no problems with downloding :D

and because of that, i am creating a update module for the patcher.

it can check for a update on startup, and if its released, prompt the user to get the latest version :D

stay tuned.

Damian666

well, above mentioned changes are aleady applied, and the little tweaks for the logofftext remover

and the refresher are done too.

i have found someone willing to make me a vista look-alike logon, but as you can see in teh poll, we are tied at the moment :D

so we wait, and for the rest... we will see.

i asked Mara to help me with the updater, i have trouble with the progressbar :D

damian666

i asked Mara to help me with the updater, i have trouble with the progressbar :D

damian666

Uh, when did you ask? :sneaky:

I'll help, of course, but maybe you sent PM to wrong person or something? :D

Cheers ;)

****, there si just one mara there man.

oh well, wil you help me please? :D

i cant get the DL progressbar to accurately tell how much is done :D

would be great if you could help man :D

Damian666

I have a computer with 2000 on it but i don't have internet so i download files and stuff on a different computer on the a usb and the put it on my computer. When i install Vistapack and check files and then reload files and then pick from the extras and then push the link that reboots your computer all the icons and the taskbar disapear but it does not reboot. (i left the computer go for an hour before i rebooted it my self.)

I Have the Cursors_sounds, screensaver,Tbar,Wallpaper,Vistadrive,Fonts, and True Trans Installed

When i boot up these to things pop up

Problem with shortcut

The drive or network connection that the shortcut 'Tclock3.lnk' refers to is unavalibal. Make sure that the disk is properly inserted or the network resource is available, and then try again

vistapack.exe - Bad Image

The application or DLL F:\WINNT\system 32\uxtheme.dll is not valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette

I push ok on Problem with Shortcut and it goes away

I push ok on the vistapack.exe and this pops up

Vdrive.exe - Bad Image

The application or DLL F:\WINNT\system 32\uxtheme.dll is not valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette

I push ok on the Vdrive.exe and this pops up again

vistapack.exe - Bad Image

I push ok and it pops up again

I push ok again it goes away

The Backround, icons, and the Windows have changed

but the Taskbar looks the same but is darker and see through

Also if I have the Tclock3 installed it freazes my computer and I have Sign on as a new user and uninstall it.

I haven't used the atomatic update because i don't have the internet. Do i need to?

Am i doing something wrong? Can you help me? :(

ok, thast a very weird eror man, try uninstalling the true transparency and Tclock3.

try that, and if nothing works, uninstall the whole thing, and try again with a fresh install.

but without the above mentioned extra's.

please report back if done.

we go on from there :D

damian666

p.s, s***, you cant uninstall ofcourse, the patcher doesnt work right?

i will be back in a few.

i uninstalled the Tclock and transparency thing but nothing changed exepte the windows changed back to normal

then i uninstalled the whole thing and re installed it with non of the extras and now it is back to the origanl look of 2000

i don't understand what u are talking about patcher :}

the " patcher" is the program that changes your files to the vista ones :D

i thought it didnt work becaus you said there was a weird message with the patcher.

but luckly there is no problem uninstalling then :)

so you have a " fresh" install now of 2000?

are you using the latest version? 2.5?

and is your 2000 uptodate? if so, plesae try a clean install of the pack.

let me know, i am currently installing a fresh copy of 2000 in my VM, and will test it too.

damian666

Edited by damian666
typo's