Using USB = Windows on hold, please help.

emadhamdy2002

plz help guys whn i come to use my usb either for mob or any usb storage it totally stop my PC and NEVER WORK till i make rest .

i got Aopen motherboard

soooo plz help guys i canot use my usb at alllllllllllllll

Please help me out guys. When I use one of my USB ports the PC hangs and I need to reset my PC to get it working again.

I´m using an AOpen motherboard but no idea what the model is.

Would you be so kind to help me out, I´m new to this.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by puntoMX
Translation.

@emadhandy2002 - Have you tried reinstalling all of your chipset drivers? Another thing to try is to uninstall the entire USB device tree in Device Manager.

Right click on My Computer and select Properties. On the Hardware tab, click on the Device Manager Button. Make sure that there are no yellow question marks or red X's anywhere. Scroll down to the bottom where it says "Universal Serial Bus contollers". Right click on each entry and select "Uninstall". Now restart your system. Wait for windows to reinstall your USB drivers (which might require another reboot) and then try using a USB device.

What model of Aopen motherboard do you have?

@emadhandy2002 - Have you tried reinstalling all of your chipset drivers? Another thing to try is to uninstall the entire USB device tree in Device Manager.

Right click on My Computer and select Properties. On the Hardware tab, click on the Device Manager Button. Make sure that there are no yellow question marks or red X's anywhere. Scroll down to the bottom where it says "Universal Serial Bus contollers". Right click on each entry and select "Uninstall". Now restart your system. Wait for windows to reinstall your USB drivers (which might require another reboot) and then try using a USB device.

What model of Aopen motherboard do you have?

thnks man alot for helping bt actually i tried that solution .it just install the driver for the usb again and not work same problem still

and the model i dnt knw wht is it bt i will write all wht is written on the box of the motherboard

ULTRA VALUE

INTEL 865PE Chipset

cPU: intel pentium 4 CPU, 800 MHZ

chipest: Intel 865PE+ICH5

Main memory :DDR DIMM x4

Graphics:8X AGP slot

Form Factor : ATX

and by the way there is strange thing i noticed before such problm i was putting a USb ScanDisk it give me light it means it is in use bt now donot give light at alll

Thanks man in advance for ur help

We need the long non-sense part of the box. Like mine is "945GCT-M v2.0" it should be in BIG bold letters all over the box.

4 things =

Are all usb ports broken?

Are you sure it isn't the thumb-drive?

Can you try another usb device?

Do you have a good AV (antivirus) installed?

I have heard of a couple of viruses that can cause issues like this and they attach to flash drives like the one you are trying.

Also please try to fully type out all of your words, it makes things easier to read...

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

We need the long non-sense part of the box. Like mine is "945GCT-M v2.0" it should be in BIG bold letters all over the box.

4 things =

Are all usb ports broken?

Are you sure it isn't the thumb-drive?

Can you try another usb device?

Do you have a good AV (antivirus) installed?

I have heard of a couple of viruses that can cause issues like this and they attach to flash drives like the one you are trying.

Also please try to fully type out all of your words, it makes things easier to read...

first of all thanks for your fast reply

second thing the bold letters and in capital are AX4SPE Series

but i guess i figured out what is the problem

it because the power suplly i guess so as i am using 2HDD (160 and 80 Gb) plus DVDRW so when i put the usb device it make my windows on hold

but i tried to let the primary HDD work only which is 160 Gb and then used the usb device it work for the webcam and the windows work fine so any solution for such problem? thanks in Advance

Power supplies are easy to replace. You either:

Are over taxing it. (Kinda doubtful with 3 devices)

Have a loose wire

or

It is just plain dieing on you.

What is the wattage of your power supply? You can see it on the side sticker when you open your case.

Power supplies are easy to replace. You either:

Are over taxing it. (Kinda doubtful with 3 devices)

Have a loose wire

or

It is just plain dieing on you.

What is the wattage of your power supply? You can see it on the side sticker when you open your case.

thanks alot for your reply and fast one

actually i had a cutten power wire which i connect it to the hard disk

and the wattage u meant voltage or wht

actually i wrote alll numbers i can see

voltage

110-230 v

,Current 6A

and Frequency 50-60 Hz

so any solutions?

and are any risks to use more than 3 HDD and DVDRW? thnks in advance

Yeah there are risks:

Random crashes,

Data loss,

Hardware loss,

Usually it will just freeze on you...

I don't know about your situation and the place where you live but a better Power Supply can be gotten for a very cheap price...

P.S. Look for this sticker (It will be upside down) when you take the side off your case.

http://www.lakewoodconferences.com/direct/...ower_Supply.jpg

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

If you've damaged a wire coming from the PSU, stop using the computer now. If the wire is completely cut, cover the broken ends with electrical tape, and don't use any plugs connected to that wire (directly or indirectly). If you've simply cut back the plastic sheath, cover the bare wire with electrical tape. Another thing to double check - make sure that the AUX12V connector (square 2x2 plug) is plugged into the motherboard. Your system might work without this, but you really should have it plugged in.

I'd simply recommend getting a new PSU. You can find a decent Fortron PSU for about $30. Here's an example of a PSU that will work just fine for your system - Link.

Yeah there are risks:

Random crashes,

Data loss,

Hardware loss,

Usually it will just freeze on you...

I don't know about your situation and the place where you live but a better Power Supply can be gotten for a very cheap price...

P.S. Look for this sticker (It will be upside down) when you take the side off your case.

http://www.lakewoodconferences.com/direct/...ower_Supply.jpg

thanks alot i appreciate your reply ,and for the risks actually i got freeze on the pc for seconds

i will try to reduce the HDD and would you please attach the image i canot see what is written on the power supply thanks in advance

If you've damaged a wire coming from the PSU, stop using the computer now. If the wire is completely cut, cover the broken ends with electrical tape, and don't use any plugs connected to that wire (directly or indirectly). If you've simply cut back the plastic sheath, cover the bare wire with electrical tape. Another thing to double check - make sure that the AUX12V connector (square 2x2 plug) is plugged into the motherboard. Your system might work without this, but you really should have it plugged in.

I'd simply recommend getting a new PSU. You can find a decent Fortron PSU for about $30. Here's an example of a PSU that will work just fine for your system - Link.

Thanks alot but for the damaged wire actually i covered it well but i guess i need a new power supply and thanks for putting your choice

i am soorry but i think that the usb didnot recognize some devices like my mobile when i attach it to the pc it doesnot recoginze it.Actually i began to doubt about what i figured out about the Power supply.

Would you please help me to find out the solution and make my pc work propely?

Did you try reinstalling the chipset drivers, as well as clearing out the USB tree in Device Manager?

Thanks for your reply actually i done that before thinking that the power supply may be the problm but i will try that solution and tell you the results thanks Alot

• 2 weeks later...

Im thinking you should get a new power supply because even if you covered the damaged wire, its probably messing with something else in there and that might be why your USB's don't work.

And could you please tell us what your wattage is?

Im going to attack a picture so you know how to find it. :thumbup

Just tell us the number that's in the smaller circle.

post-198985-1215264518_thumb.jpg

Edited by TheZeus