THE ULTIMATE COMPUTER!

TheZeus

Hey everyone,

I've bin really bored this summer so i decided to spend some time and pick out the parts for my dream computer in case i become rich anytime soon.

Then i decided to go ahead and put this up here...just cose some rich kid who knows nothing about computers might end up using this...hehe

So here it is folks...MY VERSION OF THE ULTIMATE COMPUTER.

CASE----Coolermaster 830 Blue Flame Smooth Creation Special Edition Case----1,121

CASE LIGHTING----(5x)SUNBEAM COLD CATHOD NEON LIGHT (BLUE)----95

POWER SUPPLY----Supermicro Superblade PWS-2K01-BR Power Supply 2000W 4X90MM Fans 8000/8300RPM with PWM----580

GRAPHICS----(3x)Powercolor Radeon HD 4870 512MB GDDR5 PCI-E 2XDVI-I Video Card---975

MOTHERBOARD----ASUS Maximus Extreme LGA775 X38 ATX DDR3 2PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 2PCI 2GBLAN 1394A SATA RAID Motherboard----380

CPU----Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 Quad Core Processor LGA775 Yorkfield 3.2GHZ 1600FSB 12MB 45NM Retail Box----1,650

CPU COOLING----Coolit Systems [PURE] Lc Maintenance Free Pre Filled CPU Water Cooling Solution LGA775/AM2----130

RAM----(2x)Corsair XMS3 Dominator TW3X4G1800C8DF 4GB DDR3 2X2GB PC3-14400 DDR3-1800 CL 8-8-8-24 Memory Kit----1200

COOLING----Coolit Systems Freezone Elite MTEC CPU Liquid Cooler with ESA Ready MTEC Control Center AM2/LGA775----450

HARD DRIVES----(3x)Western Digital 1000GB 7200RPM 16MB Cache Serial ATA II----684

MONITORS----(2x)HANNS.G 28'' HG-281DPB WIDE,800:1,1920X1200,500CD/M2,3MS,HDMI,SPEAKERS(BLACK)----1306

(2x)ASUS 24'' MK241H WIDE,3000:1,1920X1200,2MS,450CD/?,SPK/WEBCAM----1104

OPTICAL DRIVE----LITEON BLUE-RAY DVD RW SERIAL ATA----366

TV TUNER----HAUPPAUGE WIN-TV HVR-1600 (1181) HIGH DEFINITION TV TUNER----105

KEYBOARD AND MOUSE----LOGITECH CORDLESS DESKTOP MX 5000 LASER KEYBOARD & MOUSE COMBO (BLUETOOTH)----130

SOUND SYSTEM----LOGITECH Z5500 5.1 SPEAKER W/ SUB THX CERTIFIED 970115----322

PRINTER----HP 2015DN LASER PRINTER----358

CARD READER----ALL IN 1 CARD READER----20

NETWORK DEVICES----LINKSYS PLK200 POWERLINE AV ETHERNET ADAPTER KIT----180

SUB TOTAL=11,156.00

TOTAL=12,606.28

PEACE!

1. No raptors?

2. Why do you have both the CoolIt PURE CPU Cooler and the CoolIt Freezone Elite? The latter is much more powerful.

3. Whats with the Supermicro power supply? I dont if its compatible with the motherboard or case, but Id get a more conventional PSU such as one from Corsair or PC Power and Cooling.

4. Maybe you can get some ideas from this thread: The Ultimate PC

Edited by anonymous_user

Input Voltage 200V AC to 240V AC

That power supply uses a way different input voltage than standard also...

Not quite enough to cause brownouts when you power up but it will still do the job and is DAMNED sexy!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817814011

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian

Input Voltage 200V AC to 240V AC

That power supply uses a way different input voltage than standard also...

Just use 2 phase power (If it holds 60Hz witch it does as far as I know :P).

It would take some case modding any way ;).

outch all that and no Raptor i think too,

no watercooling... more interesting for burn the computer...

DDR3... no really better than DDR2 actually...

Motherboard Asus, not really the best way actually too... see for Gigabyte...

I think we should have a challenge to see what is the most powerful machine we could pack into a single chassis.

We've had 64-way servers for several years already. How much one can spend on a single computer is already unbelievable.

To quote myself from another thread:

I'm not totally sure what's the point of the thread (no offense)... The absolute best computer money can buy so you can lust over it, for you'd need to be Bill Gates-like rich to buy/build one?

CPU: Why only one CPU then? I'd say a quad Xeon X7350 would be nice (hey, I could have said 8!) It would totally slaughter this box on x264 encoding speeds, run anything in vmware, etc

Motherboard + case: how about this?

RAM: Might as well fill all the slots on that motherboard with some of these FB-DIMM's?

HDD's: 8x 15K rpm SAS drives like these in RAID0, or SSD's, along with a Fibre Channel SAN of course!

Needs a BluRay writer or 2 for sure as well.

Oh ya, and a LTO-4 tape library for backups too. This one looks nice.

And a pair of 30" 3007WFP Ultrasharp LCDs at least.

This already costs like 70G's, and it still isn't quite the max you can squeeze in a single case (it's just a plain old 16-way server). HP, IBM and countless others will gladly sell your FAR faster/better ones, providing you have money -- LOTS of it. I mean, if you wanted to waste a million bucks over something totally pointless, you most definitely could.

Edited by crahak

lol guys all i did was go on 2 different website and picked the most expensive thing out of every website and only made sure the mobo, the ram and the graphics were compatible. hahaha

You planning to get these computer parts anytime soon?

I'll also look for a 4870 X2, thats once it comes out next month or the end of this month, sources say. Too bad the GeForce 280 GTX blows, and not to mention overpriced.

A 28" monitor sounds very nice, planning to get one too. Its ridiculous that a 30" LCD costs over $1000, that is insane. I wouldn't want to use a 32" LCD TV because of the low resolution, I don't see why a 30" LCD is so expensive just because it supports a much higher resolution though.

If you asked me ASUS charges way too much for their motherboards, and not to mention I was plagued with annoying driver issues with their products. As somebody mentioned, Gigabyte is the way to go, but thats your choice.

Thunderbolt please read the first post, the only reason i made this is because i was bored.

I dont think im going to buy any of this anytime soon except for the monitors

and i completely agree with you on the pricing of the 30" monitors.

Its ridiculous that a 30" LCD costs over $1000, that is insane. I wouldn't want to use a 32" LCD TV because of the low resolution, I don't see why a 30" LCD is so expensive just because it supports a much higher resolution though.

The price of panels goes up a lot both with size (lower yields) and resolution. And it's not using a crap TN panel like the cheap ones most people are used to.

My 24" WUXGA (1920x1200) LCD, with a good MVA panel, with taxes, shipping and insurance was $700. The 30" are much bigger, and have a even higher resolution -- usually WQXGA), so it's perfectly normal they cost a lot more.

They're a LOT cheaper than they used to be too (like 3G's). But they can't sell you the monitor for less than the panel costs to produce.

You can't exactly compare prices directly with MUCH smaller displays, especially not the ones with TN panels. LCD TVs tend to make poor monitors (they're meant to process the signal to make it better -- not display stuff as-is, and usually much lower DPI and all).

There's a reason BMW's costs more than a Hyundai too.

The price of panels goes up a lot both with size (lower yields) and resolution. And it's not using a crap TN panel like the cheap ones most people are used to...

... There's a reason BMW's costs more than a Hyundai too.

Naa, TN panels can look good too, I think you are the only one that looks from underneath your desk to the screen ;).

Mitsubishi or Mazda over BMW any time :). But yes, if you talk about your dream PC and could get it for free, than what the heck, get yourself the best of the best :) (I would accept the BMW and sell it).

Naa, TN panels can look good too, I think you are the only one that looks from underneath your desk to the screen ;).

I wish I had to be that far off for it to look bad. I was visiting my step-sis yesterday, they had a 20" viewsonic... I tried to google for something (local business), sitting on a chair that's just a little too high, and I had to lean over to lower my head, so the LCD didn't look all washed out (everything white). Can't say I was impressed much. You have to look at it from dead center pretty much.

They're more expensive for sure, but it makes quite a difference. I can stand up right next to it, slouch or recline in my chair, or look at it from a 45+ degrees angle while on the couch, and it looks great regardless.

Once you get a MVA/PVA/IPS panel, you don't go back :P

PS: I don't drive a beemer either.

eh, that computer sucks :P

get an x48 and 4 x 4870X2 2GB

and get 8 128GB SSDs on a nice RAID controller

also you could go alot better for cooling..

4 full cover blocks for the 4870X2s, that should be at least $150 per block, cpu block, mobo blocks, a bunch of PA120.3s, a couple of D5s, this will have to be multi-loop, maybe 3 loops.

so the cooling would easily be over 1000

MM Ascension case

oh, and why those crappy speakers?

Edited by ripken204