Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Is there a way to create VPN in command line?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

oskingen

oskingen

MSFN Friend

• PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Joined 20-January 08
Hi, I'm looking for a way to create the vpn in command line or vbscript... But I don't know if it is possible. I made some research but did not find yet something usefull. Is that possible ?
I add the picture to see exactly what i'm trying to do

Attached Files

Edited by hannubys, 07 July 2008 - 04:26 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

CoffeeFiend

CoffeeFiend

Coffee Aficionado

• Super Moderator
  • 5,399 posts
  • Joined 14-July 04
It would help if you said what kind of VPN you're thinking about in the first place.
Coffee: \ˈkȯ-fē, ˈkä-\. noun. Heaven in a cup. Life's only treasure. The meaning of life. Kaffee ist wunderbar. C8H10N4O2 FTW.

oskingen

oskingen

MSFN Friend

• PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Joined 20-January 08

It would help if you said what kind of VPN you're thinking about in the first place.

What do you mean exactly ?
for more details: It's a vpn to connect from home to the office through Internet.

cluberti

cluberti

Gustatus similis pullus

• Supervisor
  • 11,252 posts
  • Joined 09-September 01
As far as I'm aware there's no way to create a VPN connection itself via a CLI, but you can create them via the CMAK and install them from the package it creates. However, USING a VPN connection that's installed from a command is easier - look into the rasdial command (for example: rasdial.exe <vpn_connection_name> <username> <password>).
MCTS Windows Internals, MCITP Server 2008 EA, MCTS MDT/BDD, MCSE/MCSA Server 2003, Server 2012, Windows 8
--------------------
Please read the rules before posting!
Please consider donating to MSFN to keep it up and running!

oskingen

oskingen

MSFN Friend

• PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Joined 20-January 08

As far as I'm aware there's no way to create a VPN connection itself via a CLI, but you can create them via the CMAK and install them from the package it creates. However, USING a VPN connection that's installed from a command is easier - look into the rasdial command (for example: rasdial.exe <vpn_connection_name> <username> <password>).

Thanks! Yeah i saw on technet the use of rasdial, also as you said, don't find out a way to do it via cli. I'll take a look at CMAK, i don't know what it is.

CoffeeFiend

CoffeeFiend

Coffee Aficionado

• Super Moderator
  • 5,399 posts
  • Joined 14-July 04

What do you mean exactly ?

I meant that as in what kind of VPN -- PPTP? L2TP? Cisco? OpenVPN? etc

But seemingly cluberti already answered it now (seeing the pic you added to your first post)

CMAK is an optional component of Windows 2003.
Coffee: \ˈkȯ-fē, ˈkä-\. noun. Heaven in a cup. Life's only treasure. The meaning of life. Kaffee ist wunderbar. C8H10N4O2 FTW.

oskingen

oskingen

MSFN Friend

• PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Joined 20-January 08
ok

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users