Is there a way to create VPN in command line?

Hi, I'm looking for a way to create the vpn in command line or vbscript... But I don't know if it is possible. I made some research but did not find yet something usefull. Is that possible ?

I add the picture to see exactly what i'm trying to do

post-172411-1215469591_thumb.jpg

Edited by hannubys

It would help if you said what kind of VPN you're thinking about in the first place.

What do you mean exactly ?

for more details: It's a vpn to connect from home to the office through Internet.

As far as I'm aware there's no way to create a VPN connection itself via a CLI, but you can create them via the CMAK and install them from the package it creates. However, USING a VPN connection that's installed from a command is easier - look into the rasdial command (for example: rasdial.exe <vpn_connection_name> <username> <password>).

As far as I'm aware there's no way to create a VPN connection itself via a CLI, but you can create them via the CMAK and install them from the package it creates. However, USING a VPN connection that's installed from a command is easier - look into the rasdial command (for example: rasdial.exe <vpn_connection_name> <username> <password>).

Thanks! Yeah i saw on technet the use of rasdial, also as you said, don't find out a way to do it via cli. I'll take a look at CMAK, i don't know what it is.

What do you mean exactly ?

I meant that as in what kind of VPN -- PPTP? L2TP? Cisco? OpenVPN? etc

But seemingly cluberti already answered it now (seeing the pic you added to your first post)

CMAK is an optional component of Windows 2003.