How to install Windows from USB- WinSetupFromUSB with GUI

Delete BOOT.INI, rename BOOT.101 to BOOT.INI and try again.

Have you ever used this stick for another installation? What version of the program do you use? Are those file from the USB stick? :blink:

And BTW, you'd better be using the latest versions, 1.0 beta7 currently.

Delete BOOT.INI, rename BOOT.101 to BOOT.INI and try again.

Have you ever used this stick for another installation? What version of the program do you use? Are those file from the USB stick? :blink:

And BTW, you'd better be using the latest versions, 1.0 beta7 currently.

worked liked a charm... thanks... very helpful stuff and great application... i might have used 4 different software saying they do the same thing but yours is the best...

Keep up the good work...

Althought it appears a little dos windows during install It works very well this time witthat line

Strange: why was a new drive letter created?

Can you try another one

rem start /min "USB keep mounted work arround, do NOT close!" pushd %CDDRIVE%

rem pwd %SystemRoot%\system32

start /b "USB keep drive letter work arround." pushd %CDDRIVE%

rem pwd %SystemRoot%\system32 still

Addional cmd.exe is run within first hidden console.

And another one more, remark above start line and set

:startXP

FOR /F "tokens=1-2*" %%a IN ('reg.exe query "HKLM\SYSTEM\Setup" /v "CmdLine"') DO set CmdLine=%%c

IF "%CmdLine:~-2%"=="\0" set CmdLine=%CmdLine:~0,-2%

echo run setup CmdLine: %CmdLine% - %date% %time%

echo run setup CmdLine: %CmdLine% - %date% %time% >> %SystemRoot%\winsetup.log

pushd %CDDRIVE%

start /WAIT %SystemRoot%\system32\%CmdLine%

goto :eof

:start2000

echo reg.exe not found, launching "start /WAIT setup.exe -newsetup"

echo reg.exe not found, launching "start /WAIT setup.exe -newsetup" >> %SystemRoot%\winsetup.log

pushd %CDDRIVE%

start /WAIT %SystemRoot%\system32\setup.exe -newsetup

goto :eof

Hi, great programme. Trying to install XP on a Samsung NC10 which has an existing install but has recently caught a pretty terminal virus (Win32/VBS Ramnit). Following this guide and using version v0.2.3 I think I successfully made a bootable USB, and all was going well until during the normal blue XP setup screens, I received this message: 'No previous version of Windows NT could be found on your computer. Setup is unable to verify that you qualify to use this upgrade product. Press F3 to exit.' I can only assume that this is due to the fact that the XP Home disc used to make the USB is an upgrade (genuine). But I have never had this issue before in the dozens of times I've used it. Is there any way around this?

This is really frustrating - I have the genuine disc and key but am unable to install! Until I can sort it my NC10 is kaput.

Any advice appreciated.

Hi,

I've tried to install the xp from stick, on a Dell notebook, and when i get to the part where i have to specify the partition to install the windows, there is no partition except the usb stick. I just have formatted the stick and then just added the files on it, without doing anything else from other menus like, bootice or rmprepusb. Should I have to do something else before to be able to see all the partition of the harddisk?

Hi,

I've tried to install the xp from stick, on a Dell notebook, and when i get to the part where i have to specify the partition to install the windows, there is no partition except the usb stick. I just have formatted the stick and then just added the files on it, without doing anything else from other menus like, bootice or rmprepusb. Should I have to do something else before to be able to see all the partition of the harddisk?

Have you integrated the SATA drivers for that Dell (if it has a SATA disk)?

jaclaz

Hi,

Have you integrated the SATA drivers for that Dell (if it has a SATA disk)?

jaclaz

no i didn't. Is there an option on the program to do that?

No. :no:

The general idea is that you have a valid source as .iso and the programs "transforms" it for USB usage.

If the source misses the drivers, the target also will. (there are other ways/utiluties/whatever to do this)

If you are making a "specific DELL (model xy)" USB stick, ONLY meant to install windows XP on the given make/model, you just integrate the specific drivers, otherwise you integrate the Mass Storage section of the BTS driverpacks:

http://driverpacks.net/

http://driverpacks.net/docs/beginners-guide-windows-xp

(BASE+Mass Storage) so that you will cover most (if not all) common hardware.

jaclaz

No. :no:

The general idea is that you have a valid source as .iso and the programs "transforms" it for USB usage.

If the source misses the drivers, the target also will. (there are other ways/utiluties/whatever to do this)

If you are making a "specific DELL (model xy)" USB stick, ONLY meant to install windows XP on the given make/model, you just integrate the specific drivers, otherwise you integrate the Mass Storage section of the BTS driverpacks:

http://driverpacks.net/

http://driverpacks.net/docs/beginners-guide-windows-xp

(BASE+Mass Storage) so that you will cover most (if not all) common hardware.

jaclaz

thank you for the help. this was really helpful. also thanks for the links, i think i can manage them now.

Firstly thankyou to all those who have contributed to this app.

This is to install windows xp pro sp3.

When I try and load \I386 it cannot find "txtsetup.sif" even though I can view txtsetup.sif in the folder in windows explorer. I have tried it on multiple iso versions, using winsetup beta7 and beta6 and it still doesn't work! I have successfully installed the iso in virtualbox using daemon lite and it all runs fine.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I've tried this multiple times and I've searched around and noone else seems to get the error.

Thanks

You need to browse for the parent directory of I386, not I386 itself.

I386 is not a valid complete source path itself, there could be other important files in its parent directory, i.e. $OEM$, BTS' OEM, Service Pack tag files etc. etc. ;)

Edited by ilko_t

You need to browse for the parent directory of I386, not I386 itself.

I386 is not a valid source path itself, there could be other important files in its parent directory, i.e. $OEM$, BTS' OEM, Service Pack tag files etc. etc. ;)

correct!! it work! silly me. Thankyou for all your help! was a mission!

If there's anyone planning on install windows xp on a hp mini 5103 - I wouldn't bother, it has minimal support and half the drivers HP supplies (ie the hotkey support,ethernet controllers - pretty essential) aren't available for xp. Best stick to win7 or *nix.

Thanks ilko_t!

If there's anyone planning on install windows xp on a hp mini 5103 - I wouldn't bother, it has minimal support and half the drivers HP supplies (ie the hotkey support,ethernet controllers - pretty essential) aren't available for xp. Best stick to win7 or *nix.

I beg to disagree :no: , EXACTLY because it may be difficult (or someone would say it's impossible) installing XP on that would be fun. :yes:

jaclaz

I beg to disagree :no: , EXACTLY because it may be difficult (or someone would say it's impossible) installing XP on that would be fun. :yes:

jaclaz

haha you reckon? It'd be cool to but if I were to try tinker with everything I'd rather get it to work in a *nix environment. Not to say what you all do isn't valuable - you're legends!!