I am using ver. 1.0 beta4 of WinSetupFromUSB
I am having trouble installing Windows xp professional (sp2).
1) Used 8GB Transcend Pendrive
2) Formatted using bootice to NTFS & installed grub4dos (Process MBR) rest left as default options (nothing else was changed)
3) Gave path for CD drive for location of Xp pro sp2 CD.
4) Process started and completed.
5) Booted and started installation on HDD partition for install from First part of installation from the Pendrive.
In the second part of the installation it says "windows is restarting" and then
The trouble it reports is:
System Setup Log - (C:\windows\setuperr.log)
sxs.dll: Syntax error in manifest or policy file "U:\winsetup\sxppsp2\i386\asms\52\msft\windows\net\dxmrtp\dxmrtp.man" on line 0.
Installation Failed: U:\winsetup\sxppsp2\i386\asms. Error Message : Manifest Parse Error : Invalid at top level of the document.
One of the components that windows needs to continue setup could not be installed.
Manifest Parse Error : Invalid at the top level of the document.
I have tried this process with an sp3 version of xp pro as well, it reports similar error. In it the windows installation won't go further than second part of installation and would reboot at it again and again so I booted from the HDD (as the first part of the process had completed successfully) and it asked me to locate file "asms" in the i386 folder which I was unable to do and hence it reported the installation as failed.