Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

How to install Windows from USB- WinSetupFromUSB with GUI

• Please log in to reply
2131 replies to this topic

ilko_t

ilko_t

MSFN Addict

• Super Moderator
  • 1,714 posts
  • Joined 06-December 06
Default files are used to auto move between the menus making default one the appropriate one.
I.e. afer first part of XP setup is completed/booted, make the second one default boot menu, thus allowing unattended setup. Default file is for the main menu, windefault is for the NT5 (xp, 2000,2003) boot menu. I wouldn't play with those file unless you have a good reason to do so.

DPMS.iso location can be changed, given that you ammend all file locations accordingly.

@Jaclaz
DPMS is Chennal's dpms.bat modified by Steve wrapped in an ISO file, only making use of driver pack mass storage, and I doubt their forum would be able to offer much help, unless it's a specific driver issue.

Install Windows from USB, boot Linux, multiboot and a lot more with WinSetupFromUSB

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 15,481 posts
  • Joined 23-July 04

@Jaclaz
DPMS is Chennal's dpms.bat modified by Steve wrapped in an ISO file, only making use of driver pack mass storage, and I doubt their forum would be able to offer much help, unless it's a specific driver issue.

I know :yes:, the main point was, as someone else said ;)

I wouldn't play with those file unless you have a good reason to do so.

particularly because the OP talked of a DPMS folder....and the readme.txt in it contains:

To update the driver pack, modify DPMS.ISO and replace "D" and all subfolders with the new ones.
Then rename to DriverPack_MassStorage_wnt5_x86-32.ini to DriverPack.ini and replace the existing one.
To obtain the latest BTS mass storage driver pack visit:
http://www.driverpac...6/mass-storage/

OT :w00t: :ph34r:, the DPMS.ISO could be a very good target for the COSMIAS approach :yes:.

(which would allow easier "moving" it)

Reboot.pro is down  right now :(, but when it comes back it may interest you. :unsure:

http://reboot.pro/to...-to-g4d-images/

in the meantime (JFYI):

https://web.archive....-to-g4d-images/

jaclaz

Edited by jaclaz, 28 November 2014 - 05:34 AM.

ilko_t

ilko_t

MSFN Addict

• Super Moderator
  • 1,714 posts
  • Joined 06-December 06
I think OP asked about the DPMS folder on the USB disk root, which folder contains DPMS.iso. You are talking abou the DPMS folder inside the ISO.

I am aware of Cosmias, nice stuff!
Currently I am reading as before, just not writing much, as spare time is very limited.

Install Windows from USB, boot Linux, multiboot and a lot more with WinSetupFromUSB

Agent47

Agent47

• 10 posts
  • Joined 06-December 13

WHY?  :w00t:

Please provide a good reason for this change.

I like to organize the folder structure of my USB boot drive. All XP stuff in one folder, 7 related stuff on another folder etc. Other than that, there is no real need to do that.

Thanks for the links - it will surely help me to understand Grub4DOS better.

@ilko_t

Thanks for the explanation. I can only assume about the amount of time you spent to polish this tool.  

ilko_t

ilko_t

MSFN Addict

• Super Moderator
  • 1,714 posts
  • Joined 06-December 06

New version 1.5 was released.

Updated to detect and support Windows 10 and Server 2012 and a few little bugs fixed when run on non-english locales.

• ZEUS__ likes this

ZEUS__

ZEUS__

• PipPip
  • 194 posts
  • Joined 03-January 08

hi @ilko_t,

I made a multiboot with EFI 8.1, acronis vs. everything seem OK but when I boot normally it goes to grub menu to select a menu as expected but when I boot from a gpt disk it goes directly to setup OS, it doesn't goes grub menu.

Champion

Posted Image

ilko_t

ilko_t

MSFN Addict

• Super Moderator
  • 1,714 posts
  • Joined 06-December 06

Grub4dos does not support EFI, thus under EFI only Windows versions supporting it are available.

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users