Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Speed Startup Time on 98

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Bold_Fortune

Bold_Fortune

• PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Joined 05-December 03
Okay, I have a real stumper. No one has been able to answer this for me...not ever. When I was running Windows 98, there was a tweak I bumped into...oh, it was a very special tweak. No one I know has even ever heard of it.

It's hard for me to explain what it was. I was fairly new to tweaking my system at the time. I printed the tweak and saved it in a file, (pre-partitioning knowledge), but I tossed the files I had saved for Windows 98 when I got XP.

It had something to do with sndvol32.exe...I think. Or it could have been another file with a similar name. I just never know. Now you took this file, and I believe you changed the path or something. I just know you changed something about it.

This change actually decreased the time the hour glass spins on your Desktop by a lot...a considerable lot. I mean a really lot. Lots. LOL.

But nobody knows what I am talking about. None of the experts I know ever heard of it.

I bumped into it on some guy's little homepage tweaking page.

Oh, and I've been taking my medicine today, so you can trust me, it's a real tweak. Ever heard of it?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

MSNwar

MSNwar

Its Time ...

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,215 posts
  • Joined 23-December 01
Yes, its in AXCEL's tweaks if memory serves me right. http://members.aol.com/axcel216/

Might be wrong, but its worth a look.
MSNwar - The FatMan
My name is MSNwar and I am an MSFN Junkie.
Dual P3 800eb, UW-SCSI Trash, > Admin Killer <
Please Read the Forum Rules

Bold_Fortune

Bold_Fortune

• PipPip
  • 221 posts
  • Joined 05-December 03
Thanks, MSNwar. I'll have a look through that haystack in a bit. LOL

airdale

airdale

• 12 posts
  • Joined 27-December 03
Hey did you find that tweak. I looked through the ones I thought sounded like it but to know avail. I would like to try it.

Sunil

Sunil

• PipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  • Joined 24-June 03
where does this guy get this stuff, its a huge archive

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users