Tweak "Completely disable accessibility options" doesn't

I saved this tweak (http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/registry/8/) in a .reg file, double-clicked it and added it to the registry. It was successfully installed, according to the message boxes but when I opened Accessibility options in control panel, the settings had not been changed.

Please, confer upon me the knowledge of the secret handshake or mysterious rain-dance required to make this work.

(I hate StickyKeys.)

If you want to say goodbye to Accessibility Options once and for all, try this:

REGEDIT4

[-HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Accessibility]

[-HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Accessibility]

Warning: irreversible. :sneaky:

GL

• 1 month later...

Technically it isnt irreversible, but if you just delete it like that and want to restore and dont have backup, you need to find your windows install media again and export the default settings from there. Which can be done in a few ways deassembly, vmware, hive tools.

Technically it isnt irreversible, but if you just delete it like that and want to restore and dont have backup, you need to find your windows install media again and export the default settings from there. Which can be done in a few ways deassembly, vmware, hive tools.

Technically, true. :)

I got fed up by the "hold shift for X seconds" and "tap shift X times" annoyances a long time ago - at first I looked at all the entries with regmon and tried to find info for their values (that was very scarce), so when I read this solution somewhere, I never looked back. It just works. :wub:

And If I ever get disabled, I hope I'll be able to at least make a reinstall. B)

GL