Removing OS check from Installshield 10

Hi, MSFN. I'm trying to install the High-performance Embedded Workshop V.4.04.01 (2000/XP compatible) on my 2003 Workstation and I'm being told my 2003 isn't adequate.

Bull.

So, to get past these perceived inadequacies, I need help faking out the Installer. I've already unpacked using UniExtract (wonderful program), and I have the "Disk1" folder right in front of me. I'm not an InstallShield guru by any means, so I need your help yanking out the OS check. Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT1: No, compatibility mode on the extracted installer ain't working. I checked.

EDIT2: I've extracted the CABs that came with it. It might be easier to manually install. Where would I look for Windows Registry keys?

Edited by Altruist

Hi, MSFN. I'm trying to install the High-performance Embedded Workshop V.4.04.01 (2000/XP compatible) on my 2003 Workstation and I'm being told my 2003 isn't adequate.

Bull.

So, to get past these perceived inadequacies, I need help faking out the Installer. I've already unpacked using UniExtract (wonderful program), and I have the "Disk1" folder right in front of me. I'm not an InstallShield guru by any means, so I need your help yanking out the OS check. Any help is greatly appreciated.

EDIT1: No, compatibility mode on the extracted installer ain't working. I checked.

EDIT2: I've extracted the CABs that came with it. It might be easier to manually install. Where would I look for Windows Registry keys?

If the executable is a MSI, you should be able to get away with using ORCA for the Windows SDK to edit the MSI and remove the requirements for the 2003 OS

Naw, it's CAB-based (and it's driving me crazy). MSI methods don't apply, but thanks for posting. I was worried I wasn't important enough to warrant a reply. :}

Edited by Altruist

Naw, it's CAB-based (and it's driving me crazy). MSI methods don't apply, but thanks for posting. I was worried I wasn't important enough to warrant a reply. :}

sadly customization like that may not be a strength in this forum :) hence no replies.