Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

[Release] Avira Antivir Workstation Personal (Free) Edition v8.2.0.337

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

johndoe74

johndoe74

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Joined 12-March 06
Avira Antivir Workstation Personal (Free) Edition v8.2.0.337

Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus is a reliable free antivirus solution, that constantly and rapidly scans your computer for malicious programs (such as viruses, Trojans, backdoor programs, hoaxes, worms, dialers etc.), monitoring every action executed by the user or by the operating system and being able to react promptly when a malicious program is detected.

Protects your computer against dangerous viruses, worms, Trojans and costly dialers.

Avira AntiVir Personal gives you the following functions:
  • Control Center for monitoring, administering and controlling the entire program
  • Central configuration with user-friendly standard and advanced options and context-sensitive help
  • Scanner (On-Demand Scan) with profile-controlled and configurable search for all known types of virus and malware
  • Integration into the Windows Vista User Account Control allows you to carry out tasks requiring administrator rights
  • Guard (On-Access Scan) for continuous monitoring of all file access attempts
  • Integrated quarantine management to isolate and process suspicious files
  • Rootkit protection for detecting hidden malware installed in your computer system (rootkits) (Only for 32-bit systems)
  • Direct access to detailed information on the detected viruses and malware via the Internet
  • Simple and quick updates to the program, virus definitions, and search engine through Single File Update and incremental VDF updates via a webserver on the Internet
  • Integrated Scheduler to plan one-off or recurring tasks, such as updates or test runs
  • Very high rates of virus and malware detection using innovative search technologies (search engines) and heuristic search processes
  • Detection of all common archive types, including detection of nested archives and smart extensions
  • High-performance multithreading function (simultaneous high-speed scanning of multiple files)
Here are some key features of "AntiVir Personal Edition":
  • Protection against viruses, worms and Trojans
  • Protection against expensive dialers
  • Detects and deletes rootkits
  • Raised scan speed
  • Redesigned visual appearance
File size :: 20.50 MB (21,526,858 bytes)
MD5 :: EB36C76F1DDF3C025772872763785B09
Main :: esnips

NOTES ::
  • This is a GUIRUNONCE addon and requires Unattended mode to be enabled in NLite.
  • Tested and working just fine on Windows XP SP3 in a Virtual Machine.

Edited by johndoe74, 28 December 2008 - 01:27 PM.

Posted Image

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

eddie11013

eddie11013

• PipPip
  • 177 posts
  • Joined 15-February 07
Sorry to report I got a BSOD at T-13 time frame when using this addon. Sometimes I test an addon in a virtual but this time I did not. So I had to redo the whole enchilada. Oh, well. I usually try and make my own addon as well, but again, this time I didn't. I wanted to post earlier but I'm having problems with logging into the 'forums', using IE6. Had to install and use Firefox. Still trying to fix IE6 but that's another story.
Anyway, have a good day.
Eddie

gkar

gkar

• PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Joined 03-December 06
Yep, BSD at T-13.

Maybe this one needs to be a runonce or something. Thanks anyways JD.
"Now that I'm dying I've never felt better!"
In Memory of Andreas Katsulas 1946-2006

johndoe74

johndoe74

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Joined 12-March 06
converted to GUIRUNONCE addon. tested and working just fine in a VM
Posted Image

gkar

gkar

• PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Joined 03-December 06
Excellent work JD! :thumbup It worked great!

First time I tried it failed because I must have removed something it needed. So I created a non-stripped down install and it worked. Might be that I removed system-restore and it needed it, not sure yet. Great work once again JD.

Thanks alot!

Edited by gkar, 01 August 2008 - 05:58 PM.

johndoe74

johndoe74

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Joined 12-March 06
you're welcome :)

This is a very nice antivirus, I've just recently switched to this from Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition because that kept letting in viruses!
Posted Image

burned

burned

• 23 posts
  • Joined 07-January 07
Nice job johndoe!! Cant wait to try it.
That BSOD was annoying. It would not show up in Virtual Box.

burned

burned

• 23 posts
  • Joined 07-January 07

you're welcome :)

This is a very nice antivirus, I've just recently switched to this from Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition because that kept letting in viruses!

I have been loving this AV for years and put it on all my clients computers. One thing though is it does get allot of false positives. But you cant beat free, and it works way better than AVG.

burned

burned

• 23 posts
  • Joined 07-January 07

converted to GUIRUNONCE addon. tested and working just fine in a VM

Has anyone actually tried an install on this? Virtual Machines don't get the BSOD that this addon used to cause.

Edited by burned, 01 August 2008 - 10:49 PM.

gkar

gkar

• PipPip
  • 104 posts
  • Joined 03-December 06
Yes, it does install as an addon. Just make sure System-Restore is enabled in nLite. I'm pretty sure based on my experimentation's that it needs it. It doesn't install at T-13, it loads just before the install is finished prior to displaying the desktop for the first time. Verified on Win XP Home SP3.

Edited by gkar, 02 August 2008 - 08:47 AM.

grzegorzo

grzegorzo

• PipPip
  • 166 posts
  • Joined 18-February 08
Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus 8.1.0.331 is out

Edited by grzegorzo, 14 October 2008 - 02:36 PM.

johndoe74

johndoe74

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Joined 12-March 06
Avira Antivir Workstation Personal (Free) Edition v8.1.0.331

File size :: 27.86 MB (29,217,768 bytes)
MD5 :: D5448D308644C3E770C70786312B617C
Main :: ifile.it
Mirror :: esnips

NOTES ::
  • This is a GUIRUNONCE addon and requires Unattended mode to be enabled in NLite.
  • Includes definition and other updates through 10/17/2008
  • Tested and working just fine on Windows XP SP3 in a Virtual Machine.

Edited by johndoe74, 28 December 2008 - 01:25 PM.

Posted Image

johndoe74

johndoe74

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Joined 12-March 06
updated to v8.1.0.331
Posted Image

Nick_White

Nick_White

• PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Joined 14-March 08
Could you tell me how you made the addon? I mean the unattended part. On the Avira support forum, they say they have no silent installation mode for the free version.

johndoe74

johndoe74

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Joined 12-March 06
it's an AutoIT based addon
Posted Image

neuropass

neuropass

• PipPip
  • 127 posts
  • Joined 09-September 08
please man update to Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus 8.2.0.334: Free !!! when you have time!!! :thumbup :thumbup

ZileXa

ZileXa

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Joined 27-May 04
3 notes:

1. you don't need autoit, check this topic, Avira supports silent unattended install with switches.

2. the BSOD is caused because Avira wants to do a full system scan after setup. Using the scanmode=0 switch the scan won't run and you do not get the BSOD!

3. This means installation will run perfectly at T13. BUT, somehow after windows setup is finished, it's like Avira hasn't been installed at all!! There is no folder in program files. I don't know what's causing this. So you still cannot install at T13.

umapathyxp

umapathyxp
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 03-December 08

please man update to Avira AntiVir Personal - Free Antivirus 8.2.0.334: Free !!! when you have time!!! :thumbup :thumbup

AntiVir Personal Edition for Windows 8.2.00.337 also been released (have a look at http://fileforum.bet...s/1032566653/1) will you please update it when you have time. Otherwise will you please let me know how to create the addon so that I can create and share it. Thanks in advance.

johndoe74

johndoe74

MSFN Expert

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,435 posts
  • Joined 12-March 06
updated to v8.2.0.337
Posted Image

nomadturk

nomadturk

Junior

• Pip
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 27-December 07
Whenever i add Avira to my installation, i get a BSoD. It doesn't matter whether it is RunOnceEx or SVCPACK.
It's a driver problem i can't get why i'm getting.
This time i got a 0x50 win32k.sys error.
It's the same with vmanda's release.

I wonder if it's because i'm using a Turkish Windows XP (sp3). It can't be because of DriverPacks since they're not installed yet.
:(

Weird...

Can anyone recommend me an unattended(able) antivirus that runs on SP3, i miss AVG, and not avast! or trial.

Nick_White

Nick_White

• PipPip
  • 137 posts
  • Joined 14-March 08
Avast Home Edition installs fine (with serial number), using either SVCPACK or RunOnce.

umapathyxp

umapathyxp
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 03-December 08

updated to v8.2.0.337

Dear JohnDoe,
Thanks a lot. Again Avira insist that I should be upgraded to their latest version 9. Will you please share an updated version of the Avira Antivirus. Thanks in advance.

mooms

mooms

Hello world !

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Joined 13-October 07
Go here, much better (hide the ads when updating) and always up to date.

umapathyxp

umapathyxp
  • 4 posts
  • Joined 03-December 08

Go here, much better (hide the ads when updating) and always up to date.

Thanks a lot and sorry for the late reply. It's works fine and I made a 7-zip based nLite addon using GUIRunOnce it works find however if someone makes use of simply add program then he/she will get BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) error messages.

Only thing missing is the right click and scan option otherwise it is perfect. Thanks for the valuable effort.

Edited by umapathyxp, 19 May 2009 - 02:55 AM.

mooms

mooms

Hello world !

• PipPipPip
  • 303 posts
  • Joined 13-October 07
the right click and scan option is an option in asim, just read carefully the post at ryanvm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN