Reg tweaks problems

Make a folder named RunOnceEx under $OEM$ and place '7-Zip-v4.42.exe', 'WinRAR-v3.71.exe' and 'SHOW_OPERATING_FILES.REG' into it.

Delete the contents of RunOnceEx.cmd and replace it with this:

@cmdow @ /hid
set key=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx
reg add %key%\001 /v 1 /d "%~dpn0\7-Zip-v4.42.exe" /f
reg add %key%\002 /v 1 /d "%~dpn0\WinRAR-v3.71.exe" /f
reg add %key%\003 /v 1 /d "regedit /s %~dpn0\SHOW_OPERATING_FILES.REG" /f

The 7-Zip and WinRaR installed good with the RunOnceEx.cmd. Unfortunately my SHOW_OPERATING_FILES.REG is not working for me. Does it have something to do with it being the admin account? I really don't know what else it could be.

No, it isn't related to you using the built-in admin account...

Now if you're absolutely sure that the tweak actually works and that SHOW_OPERATING_FILES.REG is located in "\$OEM$\RunOnceEx\", then the tweak needs to be applied after the shell has fully loaded, so try with this RunOnceEx.cmd:

@cmdow @ /hid
reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Runonce /v command0 /d "regedit /s %~dpn0\SHOW_OPERATING_FILES.REG" /f

If that dosen't work, then try this:

@cmdow @ /hid
reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Runonce /v command0 /d "cmd /c @cmdow @ /hid&ping -n 1 -w 10000 1.1.1.1&regedit /s %~dpn0\SHOW_OPERATING_FILES.REG" /f

Also, remember to have cmdow.exe into '\$OEM$\$$\System32\'...

The last one will pause 10 seconds after the shell(explorer) has finished loading, so if it still dosen't work, then i'm affraid that i cannot help you...

The last one will pause 10 seconds after the shell(explorer) has finished loading, so if it still dosen't work, then i'm affraid that i cannot help you...

I forgot the Bloody cmdow.exe. I know for a 100% fact my SHOW_OPERATING_FILES.REG is being applied to my computer. For some reason the changes are not showing up in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER, but they are showing up in the HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT. According to this: http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/17/

the HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive is imported over to the HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT Hive. So I don't understand why my tweaks would show up in the HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT, and not in the HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive. Another thing that is really weird to me is every time I create a new account the HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT hive is being copied over to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER hive. I have created 3 accounts and the info isn't being copied over.

No, it isn't related to you using the built-in admin account...

Now if you're absolutely sure that the tweak actually works and that SHOW_OPERATING_FILES.REG is located in "\$OEM$\RunOnceEx\", then the tweak needs to be applied after the shell has fully loaded, so try with this RunOnceEx.cmd:

@cmdow @ /hid
reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Runonce /v command0 /d "regedit /s %~dpn0\SHOW_OPERATING_FILES.REG" /f

If that dosen't work, then try this:

@cmdow @ /hid
reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Runonce /v command0 /d "cmd /c @cmdow @ /hid&ping -n 1 -w 10000 1.1.1.1&regedit /s %~dpn0\SHOW_OPERATING_FILES.REG" /f

Thx Martin for all of yer help. I just tried a silly idea of mine and it actually worked. I added a couple of lines to my SHOW_OPERATING_FILES.REG. The bold part is the new stuff.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]

"Hidden"=dword:00000001

"SuperHidden"=dword:00000001

"ShowSuperHidden"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\SuperHidden]

"DefaultValue"=dword:00000001

Adding that part to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE did the trick. I've been reading and learning as much as I can about the registry the last couple of days. So what I wanted to do has finally been accomplished. Thx a lot Martin I could have never of accomplished this without yer help.

Edited by COKEDUDEUSF

for my uninstall install, i use this tweak to show system file and it work correctely

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced\Folder\SuperHidden]

"DefaultValue"=dword:00000001

; To get rid of that annoying backwards warning.

"WarningIfNotDefault"=-

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]

zoub

I'll bet if you had just done it to current user in the first place instead of to default user it would have worked regardless.

Simply because Current user and Default user are totally separate things.

What you apply to default user, only takes action once a new user account is created.

I'll bet if you had just done it to current user in the first place instead of to default user it would have worked regardless.

Simply because Current user and Default user are totally separate things.

What you apply to default user, only takes action once a new user account is created.

Nope!!!!!!!!!!!! Not in this case. I wish it was that easy. I started off doing it to current user only, then added default user, then added local machine. I really don't care why it happened that way, all I know is I'm happy it is behaving for me and Martin had a extremely high patience level to help me.