KDW / FCWIN2K

Here is realplayer 14 install process.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1288548.html

But I think you had better use Realplayer Mini Beta. :)

thanks. though Realplayer SP 1.1, 14 and 15 can't play FLV based video files with KDW - FCWin2k on Win2000 as I've just tested them myself (clicking the play button to play FLV files does nothing).

last version of Realplayer that can play FLV files properly on Win2000 with KDW - FCWin2k is Realplayer SP 1.0.5.

Realplayer mini beta was okay but when I play MP3 audio files in RP mini beta, some sounds are unusually louder and some sounds are softer.

so I went back to using Realplayer SP 1.0.5.

btw, when I run any version of KDW (kdllinst.exe) on Win2000 and I have the Win2000 KB973507 ATL.DLL security update installed, message near the bottom of the KDW program says "Warning: ATL.DLL file is an ANSI version". looks like Microsoft packaged an ANSI version of the ATL.DLL file in the Win2000 KB973507 update, rather than putting a "Unicode" version of the updated ATL.DLL file. not much of a big deal though.

I'll check about FLV. :yes:

I descripted it blog article

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/959948.html

You can fix it.

Thanks very much, blackwingcat .You really do a good job. :thumbup

Now I can running flash cs3 on windows2000.

Thank you again!!

Were you enabled EzKD Registry option ?

Hi,blackwingcat

I can install flsh cs3 to windows2000, but it can't running. I don't know why? Can you tell me, please?

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I need detailed steps on how to get Window's Movie Maker 2.6 working on Win2000. It seem's that every time I try, I still get "The procedure entry point could not be found". Can someone please help me get Window's Movie Maker 2.6 working on my Window's 2000? Please help!!! :no:

Pzl tell me correct error message.

MM26 requires gdiplus/DX9/WMP9 or 10

Hello,

I need detailed steps on how to get Window's Movie Maker 2.6 working on Win2000. It seem's that every time I try, I still get "The procedure entry point could not be found". Can someone please help me get Window's Movie Maker 2.6 working on my Window's 2000? Please help!!! :no:

Hey blackwingcat,

Would it be a problem for you to make Win2k version of the newest AMD AHCI/RAID v12.6 drivers? The older ones doesn't work right with my chipset (A55 / SB7xx) :}

You can download the package here: http://www2.ati.com/drivers/12-6_xp32-64_raid.exe

Edited by tomasz86

I think I know what the problem is, maybe. If nothing has changed and especially if you're not using the extended kernel, you need to at least Ez Install the KDW's Shell32.dll (use the latest 96m version to be safe). There's an ordinal 747 that it relies on that doesn't seem to have made it into the extended kernel's shell32.dll file. That's what I do though and MM2.6 works just fine.

Edit: I guess I'm wrong because I don't have the KDW shell32.dll in there and it works just fine. :o But then @AlleyOop987 failed to mention whether the kernel extension is installed or not so we don't know the specs of his/her current operating environment.

@blackwingcat What's the plan with KDW at the moment? Are you going to keep developing it or are you just going to put future edits into a kernel extension? It seems kind of silly to have two different things that pretty much do the same thing but then maybe there's a reason that I don't know about for doing it that way.

Pzl tell me correct error message.

MM26 requires gdiplus/DX9/WMP9 or 10

Hello,

Edited by SearanoX

This was never answered, so I will answer it.

IF you can manage to get a later kernel extension for your language of Windows 2000, it will be possible to run these games. My mom is a spider solitaire freak and loves the new Vista version over the XP version. I've been running these games on my Windows 2000 system for a very long time now thanks to blc's kernel extension but since I have an English system and it usually has priority, that's probably why I'm able to run it and you're not. :( Hopefully you'll be able to get your version out if you haven't already since the post is a few months old. But I will say these games do run under Windows 2000 with the proper kernel extension.

Hi blackwingcat,

Do you know if vista games for xp package that include Vista.Emulation.dll can work with the help of KDW / FCWIN2K on windows 2000 ?

in case it were possible can you explain me how to proceed?

thanks in advance

hackeronte

P.S.

I know this is out of topic but... how about italian kernel version 15x :) ?

best regards and whishes

Edited by SearanoX

I released AMD Raid v12.8 for Windows 2000 yesterday .

But I think you can use XP driver if you use kernel core v10 for En-us version

Hey blackwingcat,

Would it be a problem for you to make Win2k version of the newest AMD AHCI/RAID v12.6 drivers? The older ones doesn't work right with my chipset (A55 / SB7xx) :}

You can download the package here: http://www2.ati.com/drivers/12-6_xp32-64_raid.exe

Thank you very much! Unfortunately I'm still on WB kernel so I doubt that the XP drivers will work as they are.

By the way, I'm trying to run Samsung Magician software for Samsung SSDs but nothing happens when you try to run it. Clicking on the "Samsung SSD Magician.exe" does nothing. The program itself works in XP. Would it be a problem for you to check it when you've got some free time?

Hi.

On my environment It(v3.1.1) seems to work.

Did you install XML6 ?

Thank you very much! Unfortunately I'm still on WB kernel so I doubt that the XP drivers will work as they are.

By the way, I'm trying to run Samsung Magician software for Samsung SSDs but nothing happens when you try to run it. Clicking on the "Samsung SSD Magician.exe" does nothing. The program itself works in XP. Would it be a problem for you to check it when you've got some free time?

Edited by blackwingcat

• 2 weeks later...

first of all, thank blackwingcat, I've been reading a lot about all of your work, in your blog, etc. and everything about W2K and I think I must congratulate you

for the moment I have not tried your kernel extension, but I'll try, but exists a lot of information about XP api ported to 2k and I haven't found a good guide explaining what updates I can install and what not and an order to install. Another thing confused is about another API for Windows 2000 XP made ​​by .. OldBoy2k?? in oldcigaret.. which is better? and exists other here:

http://www7.atwiki.jp/win2000/pages/17.html ?

am I right?

on the other hand: I would like to know why you prefer to use your Windows 2000 machines instead of Windows XP? I guess the answer to my question related anger performance windows, so I want to ask if you have used MicroXP?

And finally I would like to know if with Windows2000 I can get more FPS in games than in XP? What advantage is there in using windows 2000? I am a computer addict user since Windows 3.1, I understand that since Windows 2000 (or maybe 9x) the computer's response time has probably changed by the large amount of wasted resources or lack of optimization

lot of thanks! ;)

Edited by sonyu

Hi.

They are different, don't mix them.

Wrapper project

* oldcigaret / OldBoy2k wrapper

Open source. and you can customize environment.

* KDW

You can use 3 mode wrapper.

API Extension Project

WildBill's kernel

Functionally api rather than compatibillity.

You can change boot display image.

Extended Kernel(by BlackWingCat)

compatibillity api rather than Functionally.

.Net framework 4.0 is available.

MicroXP

Pirated Windows version.

It can't be localized language.

Instability

It's Products for sale yet.

Windows 2000

I'm Genuine Windows 2000 use.

More Stable environment

Products that are no longer supported, so I think we have never damaged to Microsoft

The Windows 2000 Performance is almost the same as XP

first of all, thank blackwingcat, I've been reading a lot about all of your work, in your blog, etc. and everything about W2K and I think I must congratulate you

for the moment I have not tried your kernel extension, but I'll try, but exists a lot of information about XP api ported to 2k and I haven't found a good guide explaining what updates I can install and what not and an order to install. Another thing confused is about another API for Windows 2000 XP made ​​by .. OldBoy2k?? in oldcigaret.. which is better? and exists other here:

http://www7.atwiki.jp/win2000/pages/17.html ?

am I right?

on the other hand: I would like to know why you prefer to use your Windows 2000 machines instead of Windows XP? I guess the answer to my question related anger performance windows, so I want to ask if you have used MicroXP?

And finally I would like to know if with Windows2000 I can get more FPS in games than in XP? What advantage is there in using windows 2000? I am a computer addict user since Windows 3.1, I understand that since Windows 2000 (or maybe 9x) the computer's response time has probably changed by the large amount of wasted resources or lack of optimization

lot of thanks! ;)