KDW / FCWIN2K

Hi and thanks to everyone and everybody contributing or simply participating on this topic (KDW / FCWIN2K)

@SearanoX (06 September 2012 - 12:17 AM)

Hi SearanoX, and thanks for your answer about Xp games for W2k now it's perfectly clear to me...and...

YES! i can manage to to get a later kernel extension for w2k-ITA (oops! which version? 'cause the last is

Windows2000-KB979683-v8-x86-ITA.exe is that enough recent ? I hope so!)

Thanks again and regards.

@ tomasz86 (06 September 2012 - 12:36 AM)

Thanks Tomasz for your kind support...i'm waiting for and following with deep interest your developing progresses to a stable release

Regards and... Good Job!

hackeronte

Hello folks,

I would like to install Safari 4.0.5 on my Windows2000 SP4 and cannot figure out how to use KDW. I know that there is Safari 4.0 distribution on blackwingcat's blog but I believe 4.0.5 is patched and more stable.

I have downloaded 4.0.5_SafariSetup405.exe from oldversion.com. It contains the following:

AppleApplicationSupport.msi

AppleSofwareUpdate.msi

Bonjuor.msi

Bonjuor64.msi

Safari.msi

SetupAdmin.exe

I believe I only need AppleApplicationSupport.msi and Safari.msi. AppleApplicationSupport.msi installs fine.

After extracting Safari.msi and converting it with fcwin2k.exe, if does starts without mentioning wrong OS version but than says that the installation cannot be complete.

Is it possible to run Safari 4 in Ez mode or Dynamic mode?

I only have Windows 2000 SP4 - do I need Rollup 1 or 2?

When I start kdllinst.exe, it displays the following screen (see the attachment). And I cannot get how to use it further.

Thanks in advance for your help.

post-362633-0-47926900-1348812189_thumb.

Edited by divanov

Hi,

KDW requires SRP1and some API update.

You must apply windows update

Hello folks,

I would like to install Safari 4.0.5 on my Windows2000 SP4 and cannot figure out how to use KDW. I know that there is Safari 4.0 distribution on blackwingcat's blog but I believe 4.0.5 is patched and more stable.

I have downloaded 4.0.5_SafariSetup405.exe from oldversion.com. It contains the following:

AppleApplicationSupport.msi

AppleSofwareUpdate.msi

Bonjuor.msi

Bonjuor64.msi

Safari.msi

SetupAdmin.exe

I believe I only need AppleApplicationSupport.msi and Safari.msi. AppleApplicationSupport.msi installs fine.

After extracting Safari.msi and converting it with fcwin2k.exe, if does starts without mentioning wrong OS version but than says that the installation cannot be complete.

Is it possible to run Safari 4 in Ez mode or Dynamic mode?

I only have Windows 2000 SP4 - do I need Rollup 1 or 2?

When I start kdllinst.exe, it displays the following screen (see the attachment). And I cannot get how to use it further.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

@blackwingcat..

i am looking at your blog.. http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1557059.html and trying to figure out the process to get the Flash Control Panel accessible in win2k.

the translation is a little difficult to understand. i have flash already installed, using kernal32 KDW to be able to get the installer to run, but was wondering about the final steps to have access to the control panel. It gives the UxTheme.dll error.

If you get a chance maybe you can explain.

Thanks bro.

Hi,

Did you copy uxtheme.dll to %systemroot%\system32\uxthexp.dll?

@blackwingcat..

i am looking at your blog.. http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1557059.html and trying to figure out the process to get the Flash Control Panel accessible in win2k.

the translation is a little difficult to understand. i have flash already installed, using kernal32 KDW to be able to get the installer to run, but was wondering about the final steps to have access to the control panel. It gives the UxTheme.dll error.

If you get a chance maybe you can explain.

Thanks bro.

have not tried that yet... should it be installed through KDW?

I choose uxtheme.dll in KDW and then what is the next choice? use "start setup"? or "dynamic install"?

ok, i tried to just copy uxtheme.dll from KDW/bin into %systemroot%\system32\uxtheme.dll and it does let the control panel load, but it only shows the first tab of "Camera and Mic" the two other tabs: "Playback" and "Advanced" are blank, and "Playback" disappears when I click on it... maybe need to reboot? will give that a try later on.

BTW I do not yet have any of your kernal updates installed.

Thanks for the reply. Once I reboot that machine I will post back, but I am not sure that is the issue. Let me know if you know.

I think This installer doesn't requires uxtheme.dll(and not used KDW)

if you use native windows 2000, you must install from swflash.inf.

If you use native windows 2000, don't copy uxthem.dll to system32, bacause ulrmon.dll works windows xp mode and many error will occur under the existing uxtheme.

How about have you seen the uxtheme error dialog?

I choose uxtheme.dll in KDW and then what is the next choice? use "start setup"? or "dynamic install"?

ok, i tried to just copy uxtheme.dll from KDW/bin into %systemroot%\system32\uxtheme.dll and it does let the control panel load, but it only shows the first tab of "Camera and Mic" the two other tabs: "Playback" and "Advanced" are blank, and "Playback" disappears when I click on it... maybe need to reboot? will give that a try later on.

Thanks for the reply. Once I reboot that machine I will post back, but I am not sure that is the issue. Let me know if you know.

Edited by blackwingcat

I think This installer doesn't requires uxtheme.dll(and not used KDW)

If you use native windows 2000, don't copy uxthem.dll to system32, bacause ulrmon.dll works windows xp mode and many error will occur under the existing uxtheme.

How about have you seen the uxtheme error dialog?

yes, i did have an error of uxtheme.dll not found when trying to open the flash control panel, but flash will install correctly with using KDW and kernal32.dll

i think i remember reading something about that on your blog. i will have to go back into your blog and look for those instructions. if you get a chance (and remember where it is) maybe you can post a link to the instructions or jot down a quick explanation.

Thanks again bro.

PS. I should have mentioned that I am using kernal32 from KDW to install the most recent version of adobe flash v11.4.402.287, not the 10.3 version that you made the installer. I guess I should ask if there is any difference in installing the 11.4 versions instead of the 10.3 version... should i be using the 10.3 version with the installer from your site? does anyone know if there is much of a difference (in features or security?)

Edited by Yffffonz

I think version 11.x series are very buggy.

So I recommend to use recentest version 10.3.

Adobe Flash 10.3.183.29 was released on 15th Oct 2012

PS. I should have mentioned that I am using kernal32 from KDW to install the most recent version of adobe flash v11.4.402.287, not the 10.3 version that you made the installer. I guess I should ask if there is any difference in installing the 11.4 versions instead of the 10.3 version... should i be using the 10.3 version with the installer from your site? does anyone know if there is much of a difference (in features or security?)