KDW / FCWIN2K

blackwingcat, read the following on Mozilla ending Firefox support for Win2000 & WinXP RTM/SP1:

http://weblogs.mozillazine.org/asa/archives/2012/01/end_of_firefox_win2k.html

the upcoming Firefox 12 release will be the last one to officially support Win2k.

Firefox 13 nightly builds and greater are created from MS Visual Studio 2010 and will require

WinXP SP2/SP3 or higher to use.

even with the latest version of KDW used under Win2k, the current FF 13 nightly builds may not

work on Win2000.

Edited by erpdude8

Hi.

Try to use Dynamic Link mode.

At first run the fcwin.

force link to 2kdll the target file(exe or dll) which link to RtlGetLastWin32Error.

press rewrite.

and copy 2kdll to target directory.

try to run the application.

If you wouldn't run the application. tell me the application name.

Unfortunately single byte of modification will corrupt the application as its protected by CRC check. I am looking for a solution without modifying the target or its system files of Win2000.

Edited by pcclp2004

Just found that KDW doesn't add ntdll.dll in ExcludeFromKnownDlls after using EZ Mode and various other options.

So i added it manually and restarted the computer. But target still keep saying "RtlGetLastWin32Error" not found in ntdll.dll :(. I renamed 2kdll.dll to ntdll.dll in program directory.

Looks like Win2000 don't even care if ntdll.dll is placed in ExcludeFromKnownDlls entry :(.

Edited by pcclp2004

pcclp2004, you may want to play with the "rplbfile.exe" which is included in the TOOLS folder of KDW. By using it you can change dependencies manually. Of course you ought to be very careful when doing it!

Thanks tomasz86

I will try that.

@blackwingcat

Here is simple app that i want to run in Windows 2000 without modifying OS system files or the app itself.

Please make EZ mode support for this kind of application.

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/E6KN7DOW/bconv32.rar_links

Best Regards

FWA

Edited by pcclp2004

You can run the app very easily if you change dependencies of the .exe file...

XM7sy.png

If you don't want to do that then you'll have to wait for BlackWingCat's answer to know if it's possible without modifying any files.

I agree , Its easy to simply change the link via fcwin2k.exe. But that won't work in my case as i have other programs that simply can't be modified, if modified then won't run.

Let's wait BlackWingCat 's answer :)

Hi.

The resson, which kdllinst doesn't support ntdll.dll is Windows usally ignores ExcludeKnownDlls on NTDLL.DLL.

It seems www.mirrorcreator.com blocks the access from Japan. :wacko:

Thanks tomasz86

I will try that.

@blackwingcat

Here is simple app that i want to run in Windows 2000 without modifying OS system files or the app itself.

Please make EZ mode support for this kind of application.

http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/E6KN7DOW/bconv32.rar_links

Best Regards

FWA

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, when I try to run your KDW/FCWIN2k utility, I'm getting a missing entry point PrivateExtractIconExA (a function only available in Windows XP SP1 and later) that could not be located in the USER32.DLL file. :(

This comes after running diskern.cmd and disuser.cmd.

How can I fix this? I'm running this in a Win2k VMware Player VM for the time being and I should have backed up the hard disk image, incase I screwed up.

Also, I'm new to using KDW ya know.

Edited by ppgrainbow

What application do yo use ?

If I can, I will test it.

Okay, when I try to run your KDW/FCWIN2k utility, I'm getting a missing entry point PrivateExtractIconExA (a function only available in Windows XP SP1 and later) that could not be located in the USER32.DLL file. :(

How can I fix this? I'm running this in a Win2k VM for the time being and I should have backed up the hard disk image, incase I screwed up.

What application do yo use ?

If I can, I will test it.

How can I fix this? I'm running this in a Win2k VM for the time being and I should have backed up the hard disk image, incase I screwed up.

I fixed it.

To install Adobe Flash 11.1.102.62, I get the SetDllDirectoryW not being found in KERNEL32.DLL. How can I patch the latest Flash Player files to make it work?

Followup article

Did you ezinstall ? do you check Ez KD Reg ? you must ez install to same folder as flashplayerinstaller.exe.

After install, you also set ez install kernel32 to %systemroot%\system32\Macromed\Flash

I fixed it.

To install Adobe Flash 11.1.102.62, I get the SetDllDirectoryW not being found in KERNEL32.DLL. How can I patch the latest Flash Player files to make it work?

Followup article

Did you ezinstall ? do you check Ez KD Reg ? you must ez install to same folder as flashplayerinstaller.exe.

After install, you also set ez install kernel32 to %systemroot%\system32\Macromed\Flash

I fixed it.

I tried that and it was no help. I'm currently trying to get Flash Player to work with KernelEx 13a2 and the Flash Player installer even failed to initialise properly returning the error code 0xc0000005. :(

I tried that and it was no help. I'm currently trying to get Flash Player to work with KernelEx 13a2 and the Flash Player installer even failed to initialise properly returning the error code 0xc0000005. :(

I think that Perhaps kernel v13a2 -> v13e2

The problem may be fixed on v13f.

notes: Default KDW v0.96i's kernel32.dll has FindActCtxSectionString.

if some application occured with this kernel, remove these function with batch file.