KDW / FCWIN2K

Hi, Dave-H.

I use Version 1.2.1 and 2.0.

1.2.1 extended Windows Media Audio CODEC and Windows Media Video CODEC and enabled expand play size.

It seems "Import video" and "Import audio or music" works normally on 2.0.

Icon problem reported on my blog,too.

I notice that you offer support for Windows Movie Maker 2.6 with KDW.

I've been occasionally using version 1.2, which works under Windows 2000 anyway, but is very limited.

Also selecting the "Import video" and "Import audio or music" options don't do anything.

Can that be fixed?

Hi, Dave-H.

I use Version 1.2.1 and 2.0.

1.2.1 extended Windows Media Audio CODEC and Windows Media Video CODEC and enabled expand play size.

It seems "Import video" and "Import audio or music" works normally on 2.0.

Icon problem reported on my blog,too.

Thanks again win2000.

Unfortunately, I don't read Japanese, so your blog can't tell me anything!

:no:

Is the icon problem unsolvable?

I'm happy to go to version 2.0, as it's not a lot different to 2.6, but I don't know where to find it.

All my research indicates that it's only available as part of the Windows XP SP2 update, not as a standalone application.

I really don't want to go back to 1.2.1, as it's so limited.

Any idea where I can download the English version of Movie Maker 2.0, so I can try it out?

Thanks as always,

Dave.

:)

Is the icon problem unsolvable?

Any idea where I can download the English version of Movie Maker 2.0, so I can try it out?

Well, unsolvable.

I want to know which api related.

I found English Version movie maker 2.0.

You had better search with keyword "mm20.msi" or "mm20enu.exe". :yes:

Hi win2000,

I'm afraid I've found a problem in your latest user32.dll.

When I install it, the address bar in all my windows explorer pages is double height!

It goes back to normal if I put the original user32.dll back.

:no:

I've found Movie Maker 2.0, extracted the msi file from the installer, and run it with FCWIN2K.

Strangely, it doesn't install the moviemk.exe file, which I had to extract separately from the installer and put in the Movie Maker folder!

It now works, but has all the same problems as 2.6, blank icons and the "import video" and "import audio or music" buttons don't work.

I think I'd like to go back to 1.2, limited though it is, but I can't find anywhere to download that.

Do you know where it can be found?

Thanks again.

Dave.

Hi.

I fixed user32.dll on KDW 0.74a

I found MM1.2.1 Japanese only. :no:

It may be in "download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3-19990518/cabpool/",

My movie maker 2 works import functions.

How does your MM2 fail to import ?

Hi win2000,

I'm afraid I've found a problem in your latest user32.dll.

I think I'd like to go back to 1.2, limited though it is, but I can't find anywhere to download that.

Do you know where it can be found?

Hi.

I fixed user32.dll on KDW 0.74a

Thanks win2000, that has fixed the problem.

:thumbup

I found MM1.2.1 Japanese only. :no:

It may be in "download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3-19990518/cabpool/",

My movie maker 2 works import functions.

How does your MM2 fail to import ?

That URL only goes to a directory that won't allow listing.

I've looked at the MS FTP site too, but it's not there, or the Windows Update Catalogue.

:(

On MM2 I found that "Capture from Video Device" just brought up a message that there was no capture device, which is expected as I don't have a capture device, at least not one that MM can use!

"Import pictures" works correctly.

The "Import video" and "Import audio or music" buttons do absolutely nothing.

Hi, Dave-H.

I succeeded to enhance many functions on Windows Media Player 10 for Windows 2000.

I released Windows Media Player 10 for Windows 2000 build 4063e.

Thanks again win2000.

I was coming to the conclusion myself that the variable play speed option in WMP was an OS version based enhancement, and nothing to do with the player version.

In fact something I read on the MS site implied that it is in fact there in WMP 9 if you use it under XP.

That being the case, there isn't a lot of point in me having WMP 10 on my system.

It looks a bit prettier than WMP 9, but if it doesn't actually give me any extra facilities when run under Windows 2000, there isn't any real advantage in having it.

The mobile devices management facility didn't seem to work either.

A new icon for it appeared in my Windows Control Panel, but it wouldn't actually do anything.

I have no mobile devices anyway, so I won't miss it!

I have uninstalled WMP 10 successfully, and gone back to 9.

Hi, Dave-H.

I succeeded to enhance many functions on Windows Media Player 10 for Windows 2000.

I released Windows Media Player 10 for Windows 2000 build 4063e.

Thanks, I'll give it a try!

Just as a matter of interest, why are you concentrating on WMP 10 rather that WMP 11?

Is there something different in WMP 11 which makes Windows 2000 compatibility imposssible?

I only ask because WMP 11 is now the most up-to-date version.

LATER EDIT:

Just tried your new WMP 10 out, and it does work much better than the first version I tried!

The "Portable Media Devices" icon in the Windows Control Panel now works, but only if your kernel32.dll is installed in the system32 folder. I had to do that to install WMP 10, but I have now removed it because if you remember I can't use my AVS Video Converter unless I put the normal file back, and I use that all the time.

WMP 10 then won't run.

Using a kernel32.dll EzInstall into the WMP folder gets it back again, but the "Portable Media Devices" icon then doesn't work any more. Not actually a problem for me in fact as I don't have any portable devices to use with it!

The other thing that doesn't work without your kernel32.dll in the system32 folder is the mini control panel that appears in the taskbar when WMP is minimised. The toolbar appears, but there are no controls in it.

That is a shame, as it's a cool feature.

Great job!

:yes:

Edited by Dave-H

WMP11 works on Windows 2000.

... But , DRM v3 wouldn't work.

Therefor I dont' release WMP11 Installer for Windows 2000. :no:

I found MTP Driver for Windows 2000

I think that MTP Device works with this driver.

The Mini control panel can work with Ez Install to explorer.exe or iexplore.exe Folder

as same reason WMP and QT Plugin . :yes:

Just as a matter of interest, why are you concentrating on WMP 10 rather that WMP 11?

Is there something different in WMP 11 which makes Windows 2000 compatibility imposssible?

I only ask because WMP 11 is now the most up-to-date version.

The "Portable Media Devices" icon in the Windows Control Panel now works, but only if your kernel32.dll is installed in the system32 folder. I had to do that to install WMP 10, but I have now removed it because if you remember I can't use my AVS Video Converter unless I put the normal file back, and I use that all the time.

WMP 10 then won't run.

Using a kernel32.dll EzInstall into the WMP folder gets it back again, but the "Portable Media Devices" icon then doesn't work any more. Not actually a problem for me in fact as I don't have any portable devices to use with it!

The other thing that doesn't work without your kernel32.dll in the system32 folder is the mini control panel that appears in the taskbar when WMP is minimised. The toolbar appears, but there are no controls in it.

WMP11 works on Windows 2000.

... But , DRM v3 wouldn't work.

Therefor I dont' release WMP11 Installer for Windows 2000. :no:

I found MTP Driver for Windows 2000

I think that MTP Device works with this driver.

The Mini control panel can work with Ez Install to explorer.exe or iexplore.exe Folder

as same reason WMP and QT Plugin . :yes:

Thanks yet again win2000.

Got the mini control panel working, that's great!

Now to try Movie Maker 2.0 again...........

Hi win2000,

I have had another go at getting Windows Movie Maker 2 working under Windows 2000.

I found out why the "Import video" and "Import audio or music" buttons weren't working.

They were actually trying to look for the "My Videos" and "My Music" folders, which didn't exist on my system.

"Import pictures" did work because the "My Pictures" folder did exist, as that is the one that is there anyway in Windows 2000. the others were only added in XP.

I used your KDLLINST "SHFolderExREG" function to add the missing folders, and it all came good.

Actually once I'd then browsed to other folders, the dialogue still worked even after removing those added folders (I don't actually want them!)

So that is fixed, and Movie Maker generally seems to work fine.

The only outstanding problem is the missing icons on the GUI.

This is what I'm seeing -

The red boxes show where there should be icons which are not displayed.

Does this agree with what you would expect?

I am surprised that the thumbnail icons for the video transitions and video effects are not displayed, as I would have thought that they were part of Movie Maker's own DLLs.

Any thoughts on this, and whether it can be fixed?

Cheers, Dave.

Edited by Dave-H

Hi, Dave-H

I think that these icons wouldn't display, cause windows 2000 isn't supported fullcolor icon api.

It must equip the function ,for example Windows 2000 Revolution Pack technology.

The red boxes show where there should be icons which are not displayed.

Does this agree with what you would expect?

I am surprised that the thumbnail icons for the video transitions and video effects are not displayed, as I would have thought that they were part of Movie Maker's own DLLs.

Any thoughts on this, and whether it can be fixed?

Here is additional KDW function with user32.dll since KDW0.75

post-194613-1228540107_thumb.png

Transparent Desktop Icon and set Desktop Text Color.

You can set following registry.

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced]

"ListviewShadow"=dword:00000001

;Transparent Desktop Text On=1 Off=0

"DesktopFGColor"=dword:ffffffff

;Desktop Text Color Auto =ffffffff Other=Color

Thx. :yes:

Hi, Dave-H

I think that these icons wouldn't display, cause windows 2000 isn't supported fullcolor icon api.

It must equip the function ,for example Windows 2000 Revolution Pack technology.

Hi win2000.

Did you ever get the Windows 2000 Revolutions Pack to work for you?

I notice that you did post some time ago on the thread about it here -

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=93160

I've tried downloading and installing it, as you'll see from the post I made at the end of that thread, but I can't get it to actually work, mainly I think because I'm not installing the files in the right place.

The instructions are very vague..........

I realise that it now seems to be a dead project, but if it can get my Movie Maker icons to work it's worth a try.

I don't want to use things like Vistapack as they probably do much more than i actually need.

I don't want my Windows 2000 system looking like Vista, far from it in fact, I just want 32bit icon support on the existing GUI!

Cheers, Dave.