• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
blackwingcat

KDW / FCWIN2K

409 posts in this topic

Hmmm, yes thank you i had XP apphelp.dll english version, dont remember why. Deleting this dll removed the error popup when browsing into simplewatcher.exe.

I'm still investigating a .net framework dependency error. (FileNotFound Exception). It happens when when changing a file or directory into the monitored directory.

EDIT:

I managed to fully make it work by adding the required .net Framework assemblies into the GAC. I used the tool Gacview to install the assemblies copied from a windows 2003 (with .net framework 3.5 installed).

Is there a dedicated tool such as dependency walker for the .net framework dependency issues?

Thank you for your help.

Edited by int0x13

I now you are not techinally supporting this tool anymore, but I was hoping to get an update to the fcwin2k.exe tool that would allow us to remap any dll to a new name.

It would also be nice if we could do remappings from the command line as it would make it easier to do many files at once. If I had access to the source code, I would do it myself.

The dll I have a problem with currently is GDI32.dll. I was trying to use this tool (fcwin2k.exe) to get a Windows 7 app to work on XP, but I got stuck there.

If you have any other suggestions that could be helpful, I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Shaggee.

Edited by Shaggee

I released Kernel Core v14b English and Japanese version.

You can use memory till 32Gb with PAE option.

Bitcasa Infinite Drive works on Windows 2000

http://www.bitcasa.com/

Does it mean about "Ignore File Ext" option ?

I now you are not techinally supporting this tool anymore, but I was hoping to get an update to the fcwin2k.exe tool that would allow us to remap any dll to a new name.
It would also be nice if we could do remappings from the command line as it would make it easier to do many files at once. If I had access to the source code, I would do it myself.

The dll I have a problem with currently is GDI32.dll. I was trying to use this tool (fcwin2k.exe) to get a Windows 7 app to work on XP, but I got stuck there.
If you have any other suggestions that could be helpful, I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Shaggee.

I can't seem to access the server that hosts KDW anymore. Seems like since April or May, I always get a page cannot be found and when I ask others for me, either they have a bad gateway error or similar. How can I download the future updates without having to use some fancy type of downloader?

I personally use Google's Public DNS servers; I've found that OpenDNS randomly blocks some useful foreign Domains like certain sites ending in .ru that host mirrors of the Total Hardware '99 PCB diagrams/jumper settings archive... You may also want to try the more generic Default MS PS/2 Mouse driver as my Alps Touch Pad/Pointing Stick doesn't always work right with the Alps Touch Pad drivers on my Dell PC laptop...

Avast identifies Know Dlls Wrapper as win32:Malware-gen, guess it's because for the antivirus is a potentially unwanted program???
kdw096m.zip ----> ShlwFix.exe is infected
kdw097a.zip ----->
ShlwFix.exe and kernell32.dll are infected

I wonder if KDW has update for win2000 PC that is not able to apply UURollUp and extended kernel?