KDW / FCWIN2K

Does it mean about "Ignore File Ext" option ?

I now you are not techinally supporting this tool anymore, but I was hoping to get an update to the fcwin2k.exe tool that would allow us to remap any dll to a new name.
It would also be nice if we could do remappings from the command line as it would make it easier to do many files at once. If I had access to the source code, I would do it myself.

The dll I have a problem with currently is GDI32.dll. I was trying to use this tool (fcwin2k.exe) to get a Windows 7 app to work on XP, but I got stuck there.
If you have any other suggestions that could be helpful, I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Shaggee.

• 1 year later...

I can't seem to access the server that hosts KDW anymore. Seems like since April or May, I always get a page cannot be found and when I ask others for me, either they have a bad gateway error or similar. How can I download the future updates without having to use some fancy type of downloader?

I personally use Google's Public DNS servers; I've found that OpenDNS randomly blocks some useful foreign Domains like certain sites ending in .ru that host mirrors of the Total Hardware '99 PCB diagrams/jumper settings archive... You may also want to try the more generic Default MS PS/2 Mouse driver as my Alps Touch Pad/Pointing Stick doesn't always work right with the Alps Touch Pad drivers on my Dell PC laptop...

• 1 month later...

Avast identifies Know Dlls Wrapper as win32:Malware-gen, guess it's because for the antivirus is a potentially unwanted program???
kdw096m.zip ----> ShlwFix.exe is infected
kdw097a.zip ----->
ShlwFix.exe and kernell32.dll are infected

• 1 month later...
  • 5 years later...
On Wednesday, 25 January 2012 at 9:19 PM, blackwingcat said:

I released Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package kb2627201 for windows 2000

v10.0.40219.363

You can download here

Hi BWC,

Is there a new location where this VC2010 redistributable package for W2000 can be downloaded? The link here seems to point to a defunct server.

Joe.

On Tuesday, 8 December 2020 at 7:19 PM, blackwingcat said:

Yes, my server moved to http://win2k.org

Thanks BWC.

However, perhaps I don't really understand, as I can't get this to work. I first go to your blog article 1192179, copy the link there for the "vcredist_w2k.exe" file, substitute the server name in the link, but then I get the message :

"",
File not found in List.
Report to BlackWingCat

So, what am I doing wrong?

Joe.

PS. OK, figured it out :

1. Ignore any links in the blog
2. Go to win2k.org
3. Click Windows Legacy Update
4. Click English
5. Click Manual Update
6. Search for "vc" (or whatever, without quotes)
7. Download from the results list ...

Edited by jds

On 12/9/2020 at 9:42 PM, jds said:

Thanks BWC.

However, perhaps I don't really understand, as I can't get this to work. I first go to your blog article 1192179, copy the link there for the "vcredist_w2k.exe" file, substitute the server name in the link, but then I get the message :

"",
File not found in List.
Report to BlackWingCat

So, what am I doing wrong?

Joe.

PS. OK, figured it out :

1. Ignore any links in the blog
2. Go to win2k.org
3. Click Windows Legacy Update
4. Click English
5. Click Manual Update
6. Search for "vc" (or whatever, without quotes)
7. Download from the results list ...

This component is too old.

It collides against extended kernel.

You don't need it , If you installed extended kernel :3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/16/2020 at 10:00 PM, blackwingcat said:

This component is too old.

It collides against extended kernel.

You don't need it , If you installed extended kernel :3

Oh, that's unexpected. Thanks for the caution, BWC.

Would re-installing your extended kernel after installing the VC10 runntime fix these "collisions"?

Joe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi,
I'm translating your Extended Kernel into Polish, and fcwin2k is giving me problems. In the PE resource editor it shows me a strange dialog, which does not appear in the application, only a few lines of text are translated without any problem. I could use the hex editor, but I am afraid that the application will not run.Is there any other way to translate resources?