KDW / FCWIN2K

Thanks for the reaction dave,

But the gray style isn't the default skin for wmp10.

On my xp machine it is blue. So I tought I could change it by clicking.

view>enhancements>color chooser.

But also that isn't in the win2k version.

Very weird!

Well maybe someone knows what's going on.

Hi,

Did mp10en2k.exe show up dialog before it ?

"Detected Windows Media Player 9 or 10. Will you allow to delete, and continue ?"

You must select 'ok'

It may be my English strange ;).

Please tell me If you aware any my miss translation.

But I have an other question. When I start mp10en2k it says:

"Setup is currently unable to detect available updates"

Maybe someone can help me to fix it up?

Edited by win2000

Hi Win2000 ..! Using your system, is it possible to install and run Microsoft "vhdmount.exe" utility under Win 2k ?

Vhdmount is part of Virtual Server 2005 but can be installed without the bulk of virtual server, under win XP.

The installer won't run under vanilla 2k, and the exe, when transported from a working XP installation, doesn't run - complains about missing functions in dependencies.

Did someone try and succeed to install vhdmount under our beloved Windows 2000 ? Or is it a no,no ?

Respects,

--

Ninho

Hi, I tried it.

This Application wouldn't display partial completely.

post-194613-1223696914_thumb.png

Umm.... I think DXVA look like working...but ?

How does this software display when the computer unsuported DXVA with XP ?

on my pc is the same - its work (buth on windows xp the window is little different) the window shows that you have DXVA support by drivers, but you must have DXVA supported directshow codecs like "CyberLink 264 Decoder Filter" and if you drag'n'drop some H264 video file ovet the window, the program show to you if you have DXVA supported directshow codecs installed. its eazy to check with CLVsd.ax (copy from cyberlink powerdvd 7 or 8, and install from run "rundll32.exe CLVSD.ax,DllRegisterServer") then download:

SAMSUNG 1080i PURE HDTV HDV Demo

_http://rapidshare.com/files/32515807/1080.part1.rar

_http://rapidshare.com/files/32517422/1080.part2.rar

_http://rapidshare.com/files/32519178/1080.part3.rar

_http://rapidshare.com/files/32520700/1080.part4.rar

Password: www.hdclub.sk

unrar and drop file over DXVA checker's window

the file is MPEG2_C encoded

if you dont have any DXVA there is no lines in the window...

Edited by pr0fessor

Hi win2000.

:hello:

Can I get any answer as to whether there's any hope of my AVS Video Tools working with your kernel32.dll installed?

I'd like to know as it affects how I want to configure my machine from now on.

Thanks for all you do.

:thumbup

Hello,

I'm using Windows NT 5.0 EUR Edition and wanna use WMP10+ and MSN Messenger 8.1, but both programs doesn't start, I have installed the KDW with all files and EZ Registry, but the MSNMSGS.MSI from "Install_MSN_ Messenger.exe" doesn't work, it installs it, but shorty for ending setup, it starts rollback and says that it cannot be installed.

Hello,

I'm using Windows NT 5.0 EUR Edition and wanna use WMP10+ and MSN Messenger 8.1, but both programs doesn't start, I have installed the KDW with all files and EZ Registry, but the MSNMSGS.MSI from "Install_MSN_ Messenger.exe" doesn't work, it installs it, but shorty for ending setup, it starts rollback and says that it cannot be installed.

I don't know about MSN Messenger, but for WMP10 I think you must use win2000's special installer.

The normal one won't work.

You can get it here -

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/37690.html

Worked for me!

:yes:

I used the version from this thread, but it says, that it cannot find updates...

I'm a bit puzzled why your System Properties says "Microsoft Windows NT" and not "Windows 2000" as mine does.

All the other details are the same, with the addition of the "Windows NT-Update: 14.10.2008" bit.

I'm not sure what "Windows NT 5.0 EUR Edition" actually is.

All I know is that KDW was specifically targeted at Windows 2000 SP4, and if your OS is flagged as something different that may well be why things are not working as they should.

Sorry not to be of more help here.

:)

Google Gears??

I know this is now included with Chrome, but isn't it still possible to install it separately?

Can't find any reference to someone who has done this on Windows 2000 Pro.

Any advice on this point?

Thanks, RonCam

I tried installing it and it made my PC unable to boot (not even into safe mode). I had to pull my SATA hard drive, plug it into my laptop (thank God I had a USB-SATA kit!!!) and copy the original DLL's back from the laptop. It's possible that I did something wrong installing it, but I don't really know. I saw a lot of buttons on the main window and it wasn't clear what to do when installing.

I tried.

post-194613-1225182613_thumb.png

I Installed trial version PowerDVD.

Added four lines. when I drop the file move DXVA Checker.

on my pc is the same - its work (buth on windows xp the window is little different) the window shows that you have DXVA support by drivers, but you must have DXVA supported directshow codecs like "CyberLink 264 Decoder Filter" and if you drag'n'drop some H264 video file ovet the window, the program show to you if you have DXVA supported directshow codecs installed. its eazy to check with CLVsd.ax (copy from cyberlink powerdvd 7 or 8, and install from run "rundll32.exe CLVSD.ax,DllRegisterServer") then download:

unrar and drop file over DXVA checker's window

the file is MPEG2_C encoded

if you dont have any DXVA there is no lines in the window...

Hi,

I tried to install Live Messenger 8.5.

It worked as same as 8.1.

My Blog(Japanese)

At first Install kernel32 and avdapi32.dll KDW DLL in system( not Ez Install).

Please start Windows Installer Service.

And set Windows XP Compatible mode with fcwin2k.

and you can install Messenger 8.1 or 8.5.

After install you must install ezmode or system install advapi32,kernel32,shell32,user32,esent,ws2_32

KDW dlls.

Hello,

Did you use google chrome installer ?

you must use it for using google gears.

I also described about google gears for windows 2000 on my blog.

My Blog (Japanese)

Google Gears??

I know this is now included with Chrome, but isn't it still possible to install it separately?

Can't find any reference to someone who has done this on Windows 2000 Pro.

Any advice on this point?

Thanks, RonCam