Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

[Tool] FFaM v1.0.2.11

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
I need some help solving this. Please read the rest of that thread.
Just as soon as I can figure this out, I can post an update.
Thanks for the help.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
updated to v0.476

Changelog
v0.476 - 09-30-08
-disabled links for Ayakawa's SSE2 2.0.0.x version - it's not currently available from their website

COKEDUDEUSF

COKEDUDEUSF

• PipPip
  • 231 posts
Which part of the firefox controls the installation directory?

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Which part of the firefox controls the installation directory?

I am not sure what you mean. My script asks you where you would like to install Firefox. You can install it anywhere you like, on the system drive.

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
version 0.50 has been posted.
I am using an hta as the front-end.
Please post any bugs that you may find.

ricktendo

ricktendo

Group: Banned Members

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,305 posts
Amazing amount of options

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Amazing amount of options

Thanks
Is there anything else you would like to see this do?

shahed26

shahed26

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 462 posts
This is just getting better and better. AWESOME STUFFS!!,

Keep it up jonnyboy82 :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

This is just getting better and better. AWESOME STUFFS!!,

Keep it up jonnyboy82 :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

Thanks.
I have found a way to install the profile anywhere that you choose, I am working on it now. I hope to post soon.

fat115

fat115
  • 1 posts
Hello,

I've just tried using your maker and it doesn't work on an non-english system.

After 2 hours 1/2 looking for some error in the code, I realized that it was just a problem of "localization" : I've replaced all the "True" used in tests by the value True, made the same for "False" with False and it seemed to work.

On my system (I'm French), the value True returns a string "Vrai" so it never satisfied any conditions.

Then I've had an error when the script tries to close the file copyfiles.txt in the Sub WriteTheInf. The object opened is objFile, not objTextFile01 like in Sub PrepInf.

Now it works. In fact I hope so, I've not tested the result during an installation for the moment.

Thanks for this tool.

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Hello,

I've just tried using your maker and it doesn't work on an non-english system.

After 2 hours 1/2 looking for some error in the code, I realized that it was just a problem of "localization" : I've replaced all the "True" used in tests by the value True, made the same for "False" with False and it seemed to work.

On my system (I'm French), the value True returns a string "Vrai" so it never satisfied any conditions.

Then I've had an error when the script tries to close the file copyfiles.txt in the Sub WriteTheInf. The object opened is objFile, not objTextFile01 like in Sub PrepInf.

Now it works. In fact I hope so, I've not tested the result during an installation for the moment.

Thanks for this tool.

Thanks
Localization is next on the list.
I think that I have found a way to do it. I will post soon.

***EDIT***
I have found a solution. As soon as tested, I will post.

Edited by Jonnyboy82, 08 November 2008 - 08:33 PM.

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
version 0.501 posted

Changelog
v0.501 - 11-09-08
-fixed issue with localization
-fixed downloading only en-US
-fixed issue with global extensions

Methanoid

Methanoid

Junior

• Pip
  • 88 posts
Just wanted to say THANKS for this. I've used it several times. Firefox is essential program for me and the addons can be a pain to configure and add. This makes it all easy. Brilliant job Jonny!

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Just wanted to say THANKS for this. I've used it several times. Firefox is essential program for me and the addons can be a pain to configure and add. This makes it all easy. Brilliant job Jonny!

Thank you

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
version 0.51 posted

Changelog
-fixed issue with firefox not being set as default
-added option to name the profile to create
-added option to name the folder location where your profile is stored
-added option to change background image, color and font colors
-added splash screen
-added progress marker in title bar
-added options to copy the modules folder in Firefox 3.0.*

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
version 0.511 posted

Changelog

-fixed issue with path for modules

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
updated to v0.512

-fixed typo

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
version 0.514 posted

Changelog
v0.514 - 11-12-08
-fixed issue with modules, no longer attempting to copy if building 2.0.0.*

v0.513 - 11-11-08
-added text to explain some of the options
-fixed issue with running script multiple times
-moved working folder to %temp% folder

Edited by Jonnyboy82, 12 November 2008 - 05:56 AM.

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
Update v0.515 posted
lots of additions and a couple of bug fixes

v0.515 - 11-13-08
-fixed issue with creating profiles
-fixed issue with paths
-added signons3.txt, cookies.sqlite, search.sqlite, formhistory.dat, downloads.sqlite, content-prefs.sqlite, downloads.rdf and formhistory.sqlite to Personal Options
-removed tabsaver.lst, delicious.*, firefly.err, *.json files from the exclude list
-change font from Comic Sans MS to Verdana
-change button and drop down boxes from fixed width to percentage of width
-increased initial screen size to 1280x800
-added scroll bars
-added options for creating Shortcuts
-added additional background images
-began adding clickable text for additional help information, this may eventually link to an external help file, in addition to infotips
-moved working location to %Program Files%\Jonnyboy's Firefox Addon Maker and is installed via rar sfx, it also creates 2 shortcuts, 1 on the desktop and 1 under Start Menu\Programs\Firefox Addon Maker

***NOTE***
You will recieve an error when you load saved settings from a previous version. You can ignore the error and continue. Be sure to save your settings.

Edited by Jonnyboy82, 13 November 2008 - 11:25 PM.

Methanoid

Methanoid

Junior

• Pip
  • 88 posts
I love this addon but have a small feature request.

I'd like to be able to have all addons in the installer it makes, not just those that are enabled. Currently it fails to pick up (I think!) the disabled addons. I'd like to be able to install but not activate some addons.

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

I'd like to be able to have all addons in the installer it makes, not just those that are enabled. Currently it fails to pick up (I think!) the disabled addons. I'd like to be able to install but not activate some addons.

I'm not sure what you mean. I believe that all extensions are copied into the addon. I would have to look at extensions that are disabled and see if they are being recognized in a new install.

Methanoid

Methanoid

Junior

• Pip
  • 88 posts

I'm not sure what you mean. I believe that all extensions are copied into the addon. I would have to look at extensions that are disabled and see if they are being recognized in a new install.

I'm pretty sure it only copies installed/active extensions. Ideally I'd like it to copy all and preserve their active/disabled status.

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
Update Posted v0.516

v0.516 - 1-19-09
-added reg settings to clean most common registry entries of previoulsy installed Firefox versions prior to installing Firefox and after uninstalling Firefox
-fixed issue with right-click\install of "True" addon not copying firefox.inf to %17%
-added additional Ayakawa Versions
-added French language translation
-began cleaning up logfile
-fixed issue with extensions when there are 2 versions of the same extension on the system, the older version would be installed
-resolved (not fixed) issue with Ayakawa version 3.1b3pre crashing. This version is not compatible with the Vanilla 3.0.5 language files. The language files from Vanilla 3.0.5 are causing the crash.
-fixed issue when downgrading from 3.0.x to 2.0.0.x would cause crash in pigfoot version
-no longer copying unnecessary components

NOTES:
Ayakawa's 3.1* still not working
If set as default, the shortcuts on desktop and quicklaunch will be created automatically
I have not added the Foxit Reader plugin.

That is all that I have time for right now. I hope that I have fixed all of the bugs.

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

When copying files from your system, it copies all extensions as long as they are one of these places. They are the firefox\extensions folder, the profiles folder and the profiles\extensions folder. The file "extensions.rdf" stores all of the registered and unregistered extensions and there location. If this file is not present when Firefox starts up, it will scan the extensions folder and create a new extensions.rdf file. Currently, Firefox Addon Maker does not copy that file, so it is not present the first time that Firefox is run. Therefore, it creates a new file with every extension being registered.
I will add an option to keep that file in future. Or, if you do not want to wait for another update, you can PM me and I will tell you what to do.

Edited by Jonnyboy82, 21 January 2009 - 07:34 PM.

Methanoid

Methanoid

Junior

• Pip
  • 88 posts

When copying files from your system, it copies all extensions as long as they are one of these places. They are the firefox\extensions folder, the profiles folder and the profiles\extensions folder. The file "extensions.rdf" stores all of the registered and unregistered extensions and there location. If this file is not present when Firefox starts up, it will scan the extensions folder and create a new extensions.rdf file. Currently, Firefox Addon Maker does not copy that file, so it is not present the first time that Firefox is run. Therefore, it creates a new file with every extension being registered.
I will add an option to keep that file in future. Or, if you do not want to wait for another update, you can PM me and I will tell you what to do.

I can wait (thanks). Its really a great product.. I'm totally a Firefox user now and having a custom installer is just what the doctor ordered. I'd struggle to think of much else you could add to this.. maybe a v1.0 Release should be close?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN