Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

[Tool] FFaM v1.0.2.11

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 18-September 07
#radix: glad to see it's mostly working. The shortcuts are created using vbscript, not any easier or harder than inf, the problem is getting the uninstaller (mozilla) to delete them. I will look closely at exactly which (paths) shortcuts are being created.

Edited by Jonnyboy82, 05 October 2011 - 07:08 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

EDEN2010

EDEN2010

• 19 posts
  • Joined 04-February 10

Thank you very much Appreciate that

Try it again, I can't get the same error. It is hard for me to use the hebrew version of windows. But, I am working through it.

Also, as of yet. I can not create the 'Pinned' shortcuts in Hebrew, yet. I will need to get the language pack mui file and find the needed strings. Even then, I do not know that I can create them. I'll try.

I'll use b4 it good also
Thank tou very much

radix

radix

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Joined 08-February 07
I have 3 user scripts for greasemonkey, but only the first folder (in alphabetical order) from gm_scripts is included in the installer. Also, not all files from that folder were included and config.xml file from the root of gm_scripts is almost empty.

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 18-September 07

I have 3 user scripts for greasemonkey, but only the first folder (in alphabetical order) from gm_scripts is included in the installer. Also, not all files from that folder were included and config.xml file from the root of gm_scripts is almost empty.

What are the names of the folders that are not being copied? The config.xml is most likely being re-written on first run and removing references that do not exist.
The error could be a couple of things, the copy is not copying all subfolders or the subfolders have names that are being restricted.

radix

radix

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Joined 08-February 07
google_book_downloader
rapidshare_links_checker
the_cavern_links_checker

Only the first folder is created, but with a single file.
config.xml has this code:

<UserScriptConfig>
</UserScriptConfig>

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 18-September 07
I have finished the UI for FFaM v.9b1. If you have a little free time, please download and try to make it throw an exception or error. I think everything works except creating the installer.
I am open to suggestions on improving the UI. It is written in C# and requires .Net 2.0 and as all .Net apps, it's a little slow to open.

Posted Image

MD5: 7F3DD12BCA3FB267E2BF1ADDB82C550B
File size: 1.34MB
The changelog has not been written.

Edited by Jonnyboy82, 12 October 2011 - 02:09 AM.

radix

radix

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Joined 08-February 07
The interface won't start in Windows 7 x86 SP1 eng., so I close FFaM.exe process from task manager and use the extracted FFaM.exe. The prog run in 3-4 seconds. Did the program write it's own settings in registry, because I saw that after deletion, the new extracted exe remember the old settings (nothing found in users profile folders).

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 18-September 07

The interface won't start in Windows 7 x86 SP1 eng., so I close FFaM.exe process from task manager and use the extracted FFaM.exe. The prog run in 3-4 seconds. Did the program write it's own settings in registry, because I saw that after deletion, the new extracted exe remember the old settings (nothing found in users profile folders).

They are saved in "C:\Users\*user name*\AppData\Local\Microsoft", not the registry. That is the default location for user.config, that is built into all C# and VB apps.
So, the file FFaMv.9b1.exe would not run on x86?

Edited by Jonnyboy82, 11 October 2011 - 03:10 AM.

radix

radix

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Joined 08-February 07
It works. I've tested in virtual machines with xp and 7 x86 and x64. In the host I have 7 sp1 x86. I guess it's a conflict with VS2010 ultimate.

Edited by radix, 11 October 2011 - 08:23 AM.

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 18-September 07
FFaM v0.9.0.2 posted

Hello all!!

Long time, no here. I finally finished with my classes and had a little time to work on this the last couple of days. I know, it was supposed to be done before Christmas. Sorry, this was the best that I could do.
I am posting the current file on my sourceforge. Be warned, it is not 100% done, but it is very close. A few things that do not work, yet.
1) Flash and Shockwave will not install.
2) The shortcuts will not be created.
3) It may only install into the default location.
4) The app is missing alot of error catching routines. I am very new to C# and do not know how to use it very well. So, you may get an "unhandled exception" or some other fatal error. If you do, please screenshot it and post it for me. Then, I can fix it.

To finish these few items, I need to set up a some VM 's to test the installs on. This was written and tested on 1 Win7 x64 system.

Please test and post any bugs. The app requires .Net 3.5. Sorry, but I could not get everything working properly in .Net 2.0.

Thank you all,

~jonnyboy

Changelog

Edited by Jonnyboy82, 26 February 2012 - 09:42 PM.

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 18-September 07
FFaM v0.9.0.3 posted

Changelog

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 18-September 07
FFaM v0.9.0.4 posted

Changelog

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 18-September 07
I need a little help.

The old links for Adobe Flash Installer have been removed and replaced with these links.
In my app, I would like to verify the MD5 hashes of the downloaded files. Now, to my question. Does anyone know where I can find a link for the MD5 hashes, posted by Adobe?

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 18-September 07

I need a little help.

The old links for Adobe Flash Installer have been removed and replaced with these links.
In my app, I would like to verify the MD5 hashes of the downloaded files. Now, to my question. Does anyone know where I can find a link for the MD5 hashes, posted by Adobe?

Anyone??

Sp0iLedBrAt

Sp0iLedBrAt

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,727 posts
  • Joined 19-March 09
Well, after trying for about an hour, I'm beginning to wonder whether checksums have been released at all.

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 18-September 07

Well, after trying for about an hour, I'm beginning to wonder whether checksums have been released at all.

I think the same thing. I will have to look into using HTTPWebRequest to validate timestamps. Or, something along those lines.

Thank you for your efforts.

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 18-September 07
FFaM v0.9.0.5 posted

It is almost complete, there are still a few rough edges. But, here is what was completed in this update:

-fixed file copy overwrite
-fixed bug in paths
-completed addon creation (please test, I do not use these anymore)
-file created in same as location as FFaM, moved from desktop
-completed flash installer - on 64-bit systems the 64-installer is used
-completed shockwave installer - on first use of Shockwave, you will have to approve the license and complete the install
-added language identifier to installer filename
-completed custom install location
-completed custom profile name and/or path
-completed set as default browser
-completed shortcuts creation

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 18-September 07
If you are running a system with system language other than English, I have a question.

Do the "Pinned" shortcuts appear when you choose to create them? If not, let me know.

Thank you

radix

radix

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Joined 08-February 07
Regarding this: "-completed shockwave installer - on first use of Shockwave, you will have to approve the license and complete the install", you should use msi installer with its silent switches.
http://fpdownload.ma...l_installer.msi

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 18-September 07

Regarding this: "-completed shockwave installer - on first use of Shockwave, you will have to approve the license and complete the install", you should use msi installer with its silent switches.

Thank you for the link. I'll make the changes in the next update.

Thank you

radix

radix

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Joined 08-February 07
I guess it's better to use non .msi installers, but in case you want them in your project, you can check these links:
Adobe Flash Player Plug-in:
http://fpdownload.ma...lugin_32bit.msi
http://fpdownload.ma...lugin_64bit.msi

Adobe Flash Player Plug-in ActiveX:
http://fpdownload.ma...ive_x_32bit.msi
http://fpdownload.ma...ive_x_64bit.msi

Adobe Shockwave Player (already posted):

Edited by radix, 04 March 2012 - 05:03 PM.

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 18-September 07

I guess it's better to use non .msi installers, but in case you want them in your project, you can check these links:
Adobe Flash Player Plug-in:
http://fpdownload.ma...lugin_32bit.msi
http://fpdownload.ma...lugin_64bit.msi

Adobe Flash Player Plug-in ActiveX:
http://fpdownload.ma...ive_x_32bit.msi
http://fpdownload.ma...ive_x_64bit.msi

Adobe Shockwave Player (already posted):

I'm not having any problems with the flash installers, but if I can find the correct switches, then I will use the msi for shockwave. The fact that the link is the name of the file makes it easier for version checking. Even if the install ends up in the same place, still needing to approve, it is still a better solution.

Thank you

Sp0iLedBrAt

Sp0iLedBrAt

MSFN Addict

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 1,727 posts
  • Joined 19-March 09
Considering it is an .msi file, all the normal switches should apply.

Jonnyboy82

Jonnyboy82

Lazzy Trucker

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Joined 18-September 07

If you know them switches off of the top of your head, could you post. I have not used msi file in a couple of years. I would have to take them time, surely only a few minutes, but I have lots of other things to get finished.

BTW, don't look them up, only post if you know them.

Thank you

willyeckerslike

willyeckerslike

• 29 posts
  • Joined 25-January 08

If you know them switches off of the top of your head, could you post. I have not used msi file in a couple of years. I would have to take them time, surely only a few minutes, but I have lots of other things to get finished.

BTW, don't look them up, only post if you know them.

Thank you

msi is usually /quiet /norestart or /qn for silent install.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users