Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

cannot return from hibernate

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

joemoe38

joemoe38
  • 4 posts
My computer running winxp mce sp3 will not return from standby or hibernate. Power light stays on
but monitor remains blank except for a blue line across the top and the power light. I have to turn off the computer using
the power button and then start up again and everything is back to normal. Have tried every combination
of power settings to no avail. Would appreciate any suggestions.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Krakatu

Krakatu

Junior

• Pip
  • 79 posts
A Reinstall Looks Like To Me!!! :unsure:

JedMeister

JedMeister

• PipPip
  • 226 posts
Has it always been like this and you've just decided to do something about it? Did it suddenly start doing this sometime recently for no apparent reason? When you say you've tried all available power setting options did you mean in the BIOS too?

I would run memtest too, to check that your ram is ok.
Don't forget to comment when your problem is solved - others will be searching for solutions too!
PC1 - "thunder" (it's noisy - that bl**dy DFI chipset fan!)
[CPU] AMDX2 4400+ (skt939 Toledo) @ 2.35GHz [Mobo] DFI LanPartyUT nF4 UD [RAM] 2x1GB Team Xtreem Cronus (Infineon) DDR500/PC4000 @ 235MHz
[GPU] Gigabyte 8800GT 512MB [HDD] 2xWD320GB, 2xWD500GB [PSU] Antec Neo HE 500W [OS] Tri boot: Ubuntu 9.10/XP SP3/Win 7-x64
PC2 - "lightning" ('cause in comparison it's very fast!)
[CPU] Intel C2Q Q8200 @ 2.33GHz (skt775 Yorkfield) [Mobo] ASUS P5W?? Pro [RAM] 2x2GB Patriot Viper DDR1066
[GPU] Leadtek 7800GTX 512MB [HDD] Seagate 1.5TB [PSU] Vantec Ion2+ 500W [OS] Dual boot: Ubuntu 10.04/XP SP3

joemoe38

joemoe38
  • 4 posts

Has it always been like this and you've just decided to do something about it? Did it suddenly start doing this sometime recently for no apparent reason? When you say you've tried all available power setting options did you mean in the BIOS too?

It just started recently. I have not touched the BIOS. Where do I find memtest? Having a little trouble
figuring out this forum so if I mess up, sorry.

Thanks

TheFlash428

TheFlash428

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

It just started recently. I have not touched the BIOS. Where do I find memtest? Having a little trouble
figuring out this forum so if I mess up, sorry.

Thanks

What kind of computer is it? I've had this problem happen to several Dell laptops before with no solution ever working (including re-install). Seems to be more hardware related.
"There are 3 ways to do things: The right way, the wrong way, and the Max Power way!"
"Isn't that the same as the wrong way?"
"Yes--but faster!"

joemoe38

joemoe38
  • 4 posts
My computer is a HP Pavilion a1540n with AMD Athlon 64 x2 dual-core processor 4200+.
I did download and run memtest and it found no errors.

cwroten

cwroten
  • 2 posts
Hello Joemoe38,

Did you ever find an answer to this problem? I just got bit
by the same problem about a week ago on my Windows XP3
system after using Microsoft Update to get the latest NVIDIA
6150 drivers. Now neither hibernate nor stand-by works - same
result as yours - black screen with thin blue line on top. Rolled
back the drivers too but that did not help.

cwroten

cwroten
  • 2 posts
Problem solved! On a whim, I reinstalled the NVIDIA 6150 drivers
that came with my ASUS M2NPV-VM motherboard w/ NVIDIA GeForce
6150 integrated video. Hibernate now works again. So, the Microsoft
Update drivers for the NVIDIA 6150 are not appropriate for all 6150
owners.

joemoe38

joemoe38
  • 4 posts
Thanks cwroten. I went to HP driver downloads and downloaded the driver
dated 2006 for NVIDIA 6150 and now my computer returns from hibernate.

Thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN