[Bugs] nLite 1.4.8 (XP x64)

Rapture2k4

First off, this is some awesome software. Reduced my fresh install time to 26 minutes (including format)!

I did notice a couple bugs.

1.) When you change your default Program Files directory, there will be some windows default software to default to:

C:\Program Files (x86)

C:\Program Files (x86)(x86)

Things like Outlook Express, Internet Explorer, Netmeeting, Install Shield Information, Common Files, ComPlus Applications, Windows Media Player, Windows Media Player[strings], Windows NT, Uninstall Information. Some of these directories/applications have directories in both C:\Program Files (x86) and C:\Program Files (x86)(x86).

The Following AddOns\Hotfixes did not install:

Windows Media Format 11 SDK (KB929399)

Windows Search 4.0 (KB940157)

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: x64 (KB829019)

Update for Windows Media Format 11 SDK for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB929399)

Security Update for Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB936782)

Update for Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB939683)

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0: x64 (KB928416)

Security Update for Windows Media Format 11 Series for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB941569)

Windows Search 4.0 for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB940157)

Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.16

Adobe Reader 9 (didn't install Firefox plugin properly)

The following software no longer works:

Windows Update link in start menu (Not sure if it is because I installed Mozilla Firefox 3.0 as an addon)

Thanx for your time

-Steve

Edited by Rapture2k4

There is no any bug here.

Windows Media Format 11 SDK (KB929399)

Windows Search 4.0 (KB940157) (this appears twice on you list)

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: x64 (KB829019)

Update for Windows Media Format 11 SDK for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB929399)

Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0: x64 (KB928416)

None of these are made to be integrated with nLite. You must create addons.

Adobe Reader 9 (didn't install Firefox plugin properly)

That is addon fault. Also you maybe did not put it in right order for integration. Firefox has to be above Adobe Reader in list for integration.

Security Update for Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB936782

Update for Windows Media Player 11 for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB939683)

Security Update for Windows Media Format 11 Series for Windows XP x64 Edition (KB941569)

And how do you know that these are not integrated? If Windows Update is showing it, that could be it's fault because it sometimes uses different registry entries for detection. Also, if you are looking it in Add/Remove Programs it won't be there since hotfixes are directly integrated.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

I have a problem with Windows XP x64 SP2 and nLite 1.4.8. I created installation with same settings as always (no problems with previous versions). But now, when GUI part of installation starts, I get an error stating that installation can't find files needed for installation. It doesn't say which files, but it won't allow installation to continue.

Edited by GDragoN

Just create a batch file to run. I have been able to have "nlite" install of the software in post 1 here. There are no problems/bugs here, only lack of exp from threadstarter.

I suggest you read through Kurt aust's excellent how-to on create xp x64 cd/dvd, which will cover just about everything mentioned.

offtopic:

I'm going to try to have diskpart change partition letters on next re-install, but i fail it will not work. I read some threads about it,but they are kind of outdated.

Just create a batch file to run. I have been able to have "nlite" install of the software in post 1 here. There are no problems/bugs here, only lack of exp from threadstarter.

I suggest you read through Kurt aust's excellent how-to on create xp x64 cd/dvd, which will cover just about everything mentioned.

offtopic:

I'm going to try to have diskpart change partition letters on next re-install, but i fail it will not work. I read some threads about it,but they are kind of outdated.

And what about my problem? Any ideas? I have been working with unattanded installations for years, and I have tried to create working X64 installation with nLite 1.4.8 for last week or so, and only one of the installations were working. And even then, RunOnce didn't get executed.

With same nLite profile file 1.4.7 version is working fine.

I use offical OEM Windows XP 64bit Pro SP2 English. I will post my preset file later today. I did make another built with 1.4.8 And after installation, windows is started normally. I then restart Windows, and after restart before login screen I get a message that Windows is not fully installed and that computer is going to restart. After restart, same message.

I use offical OEM Windows XP 64bit Pro SP2 English. I will post my preset file later today. I did make another built with 1.4.8 And after installation, windows is started normally. I then restart Windows, and after restart before login screen I get a message that Windows is not fully installed and that computer is going to restart. After restart, same message.

yep i`ve the same problem. please help :(

well i've done x64 installs of xp since it came out, i've already asked for preset, so dont know what you to expect. Im not doing mind reading, sorry. =)

Sorry, I've been busy last week or so. I will upload my proilfe files tonight.

1.) When you change your default Program Files directory, there will be some windows default software to default to:

i have exaktly the same problem but ,next time iam not gonna tutch it.maybe it shuld be so ?

i have exaktly the same problem but ,next time iam not gonna tutch it.maybe it shuld be so ?

If done correctly with nlite or other winnt.sif manual methods, these directories should be empty.

Just test your next iso build in a VM and check that they are empty, they should be.

Then just add somewhere in your setup to delete them automatically

echo Removing Incorrect Program folders

rmdir /S /Q "program files (x86)"

rmdir /S /Q "program files (x86)(x86)"