Office 2000/XP/2003/2007 Slipstreamer - version 1.7.4

mara-

Office Slipstreamer is not developed anymore. If this, latest version works for you that's great, if not use Office Integrator, on which I'm working with benners and Siginet. Link to it is in my signature.

Office 2000/XP/2003/2007 Slipstreamer, version 1.7.4

Special thanks to Camarade_Tux for providing me a web hosting!

Features:

- Creating administrative installation of your Office (Enterprise edition required);

- Direct Slipstream or Service Pack and Hotfixes (Enterprise and Retail)

- Slipstreaming service packs into administrative Office installation;

- Slipstreaming hotfixes into administrative Office installation;

- Creating Chained Installations;

- Unblocking Outlook attachments;

- Unblocking blocked formats in Office 2003 SP3;

- Creating optimized ISO.

Supported products:

- Microsoft Office 2000 (CD1 and CD2);

- Microsoft Office XP;

- Microsoft Project 2002;

- Microsoft Frontpage 2002;

- Microsoft Visio 2002;

- Microsoft Office 2003:

- Microsoft FrontPage 2003;

- Microsoft Visio 2003;

- Microsoft Project 2003;

- Microsoft OneNote 2003;

- Microsoft Office 2007.

New version is out, version 1.7.4. Read the changelog for changes.

In version 1.5.5 Office 2007 support is added. This is not real slipstream, Service Packs and hotfixes will be just extracted to Updates folder. Process of slipstreaming is tested with Standard and Enterprise edition. In order to improve support for Office 2007, I need list of files of all Office 2007 editions (except Standard and Enterprise), so when you load your Office 2007 into Slipstreamer, in root folder of the tool will be created file "Office2007FileList.txt". To help me, please upload this file for me.

List of updates for making your Office 2003 System fully updated [download links included]:

Updates.rar

Product included on the list:

- Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003;

- Microsoft Office FrontPage 2003;

- Microsoft Office OneNote 2003;

- Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003;

- Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2003.

If you have some problem, or you found bug, please post log file when asking/reporting. Log file is located in folder where the tool is installed (named as log.log) and previous logs are located in log_history folder which is also located in folder where the tool is installed!

Before you report that Direct Slipstream is not working because slipstream of service pack or hotfix "failed or was not needed" double check that you entered you product key correctly!

If your Antivirus detects Office Slipstreamer as malware, that is false positive.

More info also here.

Changelog:

Version 1.7.4 [Date of publishing: 09/22/2008]:

- Fixed compression issue with Direct Slipstream (thanks Marsha for testing);

- Fixed bad detection of Office product for some non-English Office editions;

- Fixed sorting issue with Direct Slipstream for Office 2003 editions (thanks Marsha and Lions for testing);

- Fixed critical bug with chosing files for compressing to cabs (thanks Marsha and Lions for testing);

- Fixed unnecessary prompt for cd key with Office 2000 when slipstreaming;

- Automated process of admin creation for Office 2000;

- Added Russian translation, thanks to Lancelotru.

Version 1.7.3 [Date of publishing: 09/14/2008]:

- .reg file will be cached now during install (will fix problem with MU/WU, requires new slipstream from scratch);

- .reg file will be merged when upgrading existing installation (will fix problem with MU/WU, requires new slipstream from scratch);

- Added updated Turkish translation, thanks to X-FoRcE.

Version 1.7.2 [Date of publishing: 09/10/2008]:

- Increased processing speed for Direct Slipstream of Office 2002/XP/2003 by 5-10%;

- Fixed bug which appeared when pressing "Delete" button on Chain install tab and nothing was selected on the list;

- Fixed issue with Direct Slipstream for Office 2003 products caused by error checks (not every product was affected);

Version 1.7.1 [Date of publishing: 09/08/2008]:

- Removed creation of the file list for Office 2007 which was needed for improving support;

- Removed message box which appeared on slipstreaming MSP patches (when directly selected for slipstream, Office 2002/XP/2003 was affected, message box was used for my testings and I forgot to remove it);

- Fixed logging issue when slipstreaming compressed archieves with MSP patches;

- Fixed potential issue with hotfix slipstream;

- Fixed program crash when pressing "Delete" button on chain install tab and list is empty;

- Fixed bug with button "Start" on AIO tab;

- Fixed and improved detection if Setup.exe which user selected is Office setup file;

- Fixed minor issue with automatic extraction of Office 2007 compressed setup.

Version 1.7 Final [Date of publishing: 09/03/2008]:

- Fixed bug with adding chain install;

- Fixed high CPU usage bug when creating ISO;

- Fixed issue with automatic extraction of Office 2007 compressed setup files when spaces were present in path;

- Fixed minor issue with Direct Slipstream of Office XP/2000;

- Fixed bug with checkbox for Remember destination folder;

- Fixed asking for serial when doing Office 2007 integration (serial is not needed);

- Slight speed increase with Direct Slipstream of Office XP/2000;

- Added error checks for Direct Slipstream;

- Implemented automatic ISO creation.

Version 1.7 Beta 5 [Date of publishing: 08/30/2008]:

- Fixed some bugs with adding chain installations;

- Fixed bug with option "Remember destination folder"

- Fixed: some temp files were not removed with Direct Slipstream with Office XP/2002 products;

- Fixed some issues with Office 2000;

- Fixed bug with not updating the text for menu items when changing language;

- Improved check for failed service pack slipstream;

- Added better compression for Direct Slipstream with Office XP/2002 products (processing will last longer);

- Added new options for chain installations: Ignore Return Value, Reboot. Read more in help file.

- Small increase of processing speed with Direct Slipstream for Office 2003 products;

- Added support for automatic extraction of Office 2007 compressed setup files downloaded from Microsoft;

- Added some error checks for AIO creation;

- Added counter of elapsed time to the log tab.

Version 1.7 Beta 4 [Date of publishing: 08/24/2008]:

- Added support for direct slipstream of Office XP/2002 products (Enteprise and Retail);

- Improved logging tab (added Status and better progress bar accuracy);

- Original Setup.exe is not replaced any more;

- Improved Direct Slipstream for Office 2003 products (this should prevent some errors in products installations);

- Changed the way of using source and destination input (also fixed bug with enabling Browse button in some cases);

- Fixed bug with hotfix integration for Office 2007;

- Fixed bug with language menu;

- Removed option "Disable minimize when processing" and removed that feature;

- Removed tray icon;

- Increased speed of extracting informations from MSP patches;

- Added updated Portuguese (Brazil) translation, thanks to ReX_BR.

Version 1.7 Beta 3 [Date of publishing: 08/18/2008]:

- Fixed issue with creation of ISO in same cases (0 size ISO);

- Fixed various problems with chain install;

- Fixed problem with enabling Browse button for destination folder in some cases;

- Re-designed GUI;

- Fixed problem with retail editions of Office 2003 for Direct Slipstream (thanks Marsha);

- Fixed bug in cleaning files on Direct Slipstream;

- Fixed bug with caching of Office files;

- Other small bug fixes with Direct Slipstream;

- 50% speed boost in same cases with Direct Slipsteram.

- Added updated Spanish translation, thanks to Gendo Ikari;

- German translation updated, thanks to daenon

Version 1.7 Beta 2 [Date of publishing: 08/01/2008]:

- Fixed program crash when serial was not entered for Direct Slipstream;

- Fixed program crash on cleaning after Direct Slipstream;

- Improved cleaning for Direct Slipstream (all unnecessary files will be cleaned now) - Known issues are not updated in help file related to this.

Version 1.7 Beta 1 [Date of publishing: 07/31/2008]:

- Added button (icon) for browsing folder when first input field is used on Slipstream tab;

- Added button (icon) for displaying informations about selected service pack;

- Added button (icon) for displaying informations about hotfixes. Read more in help file;

- Added option "Apply Microsoft_Office_Interop_InfoPath_SemiTrust_dll automatically", option is active by default;

- Added support for creating AIO's (not completely finished, read more in help file);

- Added support for Direct Slipstream. Read more in help file;

- Added support for extracting and slipstreaming compressed archives which contains .msp patches;

- Added Dutch translation, thanks to damian666;

- Improved chain installation adding (removed limitation of 9 chained install);

- Removed workaround for Retail users, use Direct Slipstream;

- Removed total progress bar (was not useful, progress was always the same);

- Path to the Service Path and hotfixes can be typed manually again (in previous version this could cause difficulties if something is selected that was not needed).

Previous versions change log can be found in help file.

Translations needed:

Since version 1.2 beta 3, this applications can be translated on other languages then English. I will upload file you need to translate as attachment. File have .lng extension, and it can be opened via Notepad. So if you are willing to do the translation I want to thank you in advance.

If you want to use translation you need to put translated file into "Languages" folder of Office Slipstreamer. New language will appear in language menu. Every translated file will be included in Office 2000/XP/2003/2007 Slipstreamer installer and self-extracting archive.

[File updated at: 09/08/2008]

english.rar

Please, when translating, watch how long your lines are!

Currently available languages:

- Arabic (thanks to ashraf21c); *

- Chinese (thanks to gskening) *

- Danish (thanks to kalle_mod); *

- Dutch (thanks to damian666); *

- English;

- French (thanks to Camarade_Tux); *

- German (thanks to daenon);

- Hellenic (thanks to panos78); *

- Italian (thanks to Lions);

- Japanese (thanks to ashraf21c); *

- Polish (thanks to Tolek81, and dziubek for update) *

- Portuguese-Brazil (thanks to ReX_BR);

- Russian (thanks to Lancelotru);

- Serbian;

- Spanish (thanks to GeoF2002 and Gendo Ikari); *

- Swedish (thanks to schakan);

- Turkish (thanks to X-FoRcE).

* - Need an update.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

123nwra.jpg

Please uninstall versions published before 1.5.1 to avoid double entries in Add/Remove programs. This is necessary because name of application is changed. For the future versions this will not be necessary.

Download Office 2000/XP/2003/2007 Slipstreamer v1.7.4 (Installer)

Download Office 2000/XP/2003/2007 Slipstreamer v1.7.4 (Self Extracting Archive) - Main Mirror

Mirror later.

MD5 checksums (Installer): 9ff710e0a031c4b0fef57971bcea3db8

MD5 checksums (Self Extracting Archive): 3fc17b60caa69ca6f595ff2b7821fe8b

Version 1.6.2 Final, history and other data related to Office Slipstreamer can be found in old topic, here.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

Version 1.7 Beta 2 is out.

Come on guys, test this. Direct Slipstream is really great. Here is the size of my installations before slipstream (original unmodified installations) and after slipstream of SP3:

Office 2003 -> Original: 400MB; SP3 slipstreamed: 391MB

FrontPage 2003 -> Original: 198MB; SP3 slipstreamed: 185MB

OneNote 2003 -> Original: 78.2MB; SP3 slipstreamed: 66.8MB

Project 2003 -> Original: 154MB; SP3 slipstreamed: 117MB

Visio 2003 -> Original: 227MB; SP3 slipstreamed: 214MB

My AIO size is: 623MB.

Cheers ;)

mara-

I certainly applaude what you are trying to do. Since this version will give me more what I need, I'm giving it a try. This is what you suggested in the 1.6.2 thread. I did read the Help and realize it can be slow, but so far, it's more than slow. It's using all of one core on an 8600 CPU and is now 7 hours into doing the Creating file list necessary...

Either it's too slow to be useful for real work, or there is a bug that has it hung up and nothing is being reported. Either way, I don't really know what to do that's helpful to you or me in this situation. Advise?

-marsha

No. Please reread the 1st post.

In version 1.5.5 Office 2007 support is added. This is not real slipstream, Service Packs and hotfixes will be just extracted to Updates folder. Process of slipstreaming is tested with Standard and Enterprise edition. In order to improve support for Office 2007, I need list of files of all Office 2007 editions (except Standard and Enterprise), so when you load your Office 2007 into Slipstreamer, in root folder of the tool will be created file "Office2007FileList.txt". To help me, please upload this file for me.

Cheers and Regards.

Hi mara-

1.7b2 still doesn't seem to work at all for me. After my hang (see #5 above), I erased all files, reinstalled, and started over. This time no hang and it looked like a good start. The service pack slipstreamed just fine, the first hotfix did also, then the rest of the hotfixes failed. I repeated this three times, changing the order of the hotfixes with no joy - first on is ok, all the rest fail. I'll attach a log file, if that helps.

As an aside, I don't think the chained install is working either. I can browse and select a file, but clicking on the ADD button has no effect.

Hoping for some advice or resolution soon. Thanks.

-marsha

log.txt

mara-

I certainly applaude what you are trying to do. Since this version will give me more what I need, I'm giving it a try. This is what you suggested in the 1.6.2 thread. I did read the Help and realize it can be slow, but so far, it's more than slow. It's using all of one core on an 8600 CPU and is now 7 hours into doing the Creating file list necessary...

Either it's too slow to be useful for real work, or there is a bug that has it hung up and nothing is being reported. Either way, I don't really know what to do that's helpful to you or me in this situation. Advise?

-marsha

Hi mara-

1.7b2 still doesn't seem to work at all for me. After my hang (see #5 above), I erased all files, reinstalled, and started over. This time no hang and it looked like a good start. The service pack slipstreamed just fine, the first hotfix did also, then the rest of the hotfixes failed. I repeated this three times, changing the order of the hotfixes with no joy - first on is ok, all the rest fail. I'll attach a log file, if that helps.

As an aside, I don't think the chained install is working either. I can browse and select a file, but clicking on the ADD button has no effect.

Hoping for some advice or resolution soon. Thanks.

-marsha

OK, thanks for testing. I'll check out what you reported. And I think I know why chain install does not work. One question. Did slipstreamer crashed in any of your tests? I'm asking because of last line in your log. That should not be the last line in log for direct slipstream.And, yes I'm aware of the problem with the Creating file list necessary. Sometimes it happens to me and I'm not sure why, but I'll investigate and I'll try to fix it. If this step last longer then 1 minute just terminate program and try again.

EDIT: Are you using clean source (unmodified in any way, nothing slipstreamed)? I just tested Off2003 and all hotfixes slipstreamed successfully. Did you enter CD key correctly? If you still can't get it work, I can PM you with test version which will keep error log of hotfixes so I can see what is the problem.

Mara, if you want me to update teh dutch language file, then you have to make sure the lines are present in te english template, line 147 not found :P

Damian666

OK Damian. Please wait till next beta and I'll add missing line.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

mara-

My apologies - the log I uploaded was wrong because I terminated the program when I saw the "slipstream failed" message. This has the log attached I meant to send you. To be clear, no the program has never crashed on me, just that one hang.

My source is really pristine - it's the original MS CD. You may recall from earlier posts about 1.6.2 that I always got a "incorrect key" message when I had copied the CD to a folder on disk, and I went to using the CD directly.

BTW, if it's not an administrator install, why bother with the requirement for a key to be entered at all - it will be asked for upon install, I presume.

I certainly appreciate your efforts. I'm happy to try a test version to help the cause.

-marsha

log.txt

mara-

My apologies - the log I uploaded was wrong because I terminated the program when I saw the "slipstream failed" message. This has the log attached I meant to send you. To be clear, no the program has never crashed on me, just that one hang.

My source is really pristine - it's the original MS CD. You may recall from earlier posts about 1.6.2 that I always got a "incorrect key" message when I had copied the CD to a folder on disk, and I went to using the CD directly.

BTW, if it's not an administrator install, why bother with the requirement for a key to be entered at all - it will be asked for upon install, I presume.

I certainly appreciate your efforts. I'm happy to try a test version to help the cause.

-marsha

OK. By looking at the log something went wrong. It seems that cab were not successfully created. Or size of Office 2003 Standard is very small. Can you tell me the size of your original installation CD? I'll send you test version today, I need to make some small adjustments. CD key is necessary for applying the SP and hotfixes, but it will not be stored in MSI file and it will be asked upon install.

Cheers ;)

Okay, I'm having a hard time figuring this out. I have MS Office XP - Small Business Edition. Will your slipstreamer work with my edition? I suspect not (because from what I read on the Guide I need Office XP Professional), but I figured I'd ask.

Okay, I'm having a hard time figuring this out. I have MS Office XP - Small Business Edition. Will your slipstreamer work with my edition? I suspect not (because from what I read on the Guide I need Office XP Professional), but I figured I'd ask.

Well I tested my Office XP and direct slipstream don't work. If you have Enterprise edition of Office XP that you can slipstream it using admin method. Also, if you edition is Enterprise I would recommend that you use v1.6.2 Final, since this version could have bugs, but you are welcome to test it and with that you can help me to fix the problems.

Cheers ;)