Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Office 2000/XP/2003/2007 Slipstreamer - version 1.7.4

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

PDL707

PDL707

• 16 posts
The files are in a folder on my hard drive. I had to change the file ext from .log to .txt to up load it.

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.txt   708bytes   8 downloads

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

PDL707

PDL707

• 16 posts
This is the log.log file (renamed) I get with version 1.6.2. After a clean Office 2003 install, MS update says I need to install KB948988.

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.txt   7.45KB   13 downloads

mara-

mara-

Office Integrator Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts
OK, thanks for the logs. You are correct, problem still exist. I'll change this way completely for next beta. It will be not important if files are located on CD or HDD, but destination folder will always be needed. Until I fix this you can do what I already suggested. If you have files on CD select it from there and button will be grayed out.

About KB948988: That is probably some problem with Microsoft Update. Check if registry entries are present for this hotfix in hotfixes.reg which is located in folder FILES/SETUP of your CD. Also, you could go to Office Update and see if it report that hotfix as needed. Also, I have read somewhere that Microsoft Update is showing KB945432 as needed but it is replaced with newer hotfix. Did you maybe write wrong hotfix here?

Cheers ;)

picelec

picelec

• 26 posts
Hello,

i have a setup.ini modified to install my office in silent with the mst but the new setup.exe of slipstreamer detect custom install, can i bypass this ?

Thanks

mara-

mara-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Hello,

i have a setup.ini modified to install my office in silent with the mst but the new setup.exe of slipstreamer detect custom install, can i bypass this ?

Thanks

If you launch new setup.exe with some silent switch it should bypass it. If not, wait till next beta since I'll not replace original setup anymore. I found better way.

Cheers ;)

picelec

picelec

• 26 posts

Hello,

Thanks

If you launch new setup.exe with some silent switch it should bypass it. If not, wait till next beta since I'll not replace original setup anymore. I found better way.

Cheers ;)

ok, i test setup.exe /qb in autorun.inf

thanks

picelec

picelec

• 26 posts

Hello,

Thanks

Cheers ;)

ok, i test setup.exe /qb in autorun.inf

thanks

I have test it, with setup.exe /qb in autorun.inf it's OKKKKKK

buggyman

buggyman
  • 3 posts
Thought I would try this out, as this was exactly what I've been looking for (especially the direct slipstream)...

Seem to have run into a little snag...

Here's how I set things up:

Product Used: Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003
Service Pack Used: Office2003SP3-KB923618-FullFile-ENU.exe
Method: Direct Slipstream
(ISO created and burned after completed.)

Anyway, just about halfway throught the install I receive a message:

Error 1334. The file
'mso.acl.D0DF3458_A845_11D3_8D0A_0050046416B9' cannot be
installed because the file cannot be found in cabinet file
'A3561405.CAB'. This could indicate a network error, an error
reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package.

Current Action:

Copyint new files

Copying file: MSO.ACL

I didn't receive any errors during the slipstream, and checked the log after, and saw nothing in there to indicate any problems. Everything runs fine up to that point...any suggestions? I may try running it again, or creating another slipstream image and test in the meantime...

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.txt   15.55KB   7 downloads

Edited by buggyman, 21 August 2008 - 08:01 PM.

mara-

mara-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts
Well I can only suggest that you try once more, since that file should be in ZR561403.cab. I'll do one testing now and see if I'll get that error.

Cheers ;)

buggyman

buggyman
  • 3 posts
I did try again. Went through the entire process over again. Burned to a new CD. Tried install again, and received the same error at the same point. I know the CD's are good, the original Office 2003 CD is good (have installed from this previously a number of times) and drive is good sice I've never had an issue with any discs before on it. I suppose I could try this on another PC to rule out the machine as the issue...but again, never had any other trouble in the past...

mara-

mara-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts
OK, I just done my test and no problem. I done test with upcoming beta which have slight modification to Direct Slipstream. Do you want to test it? I'll PM you if you want to test.

Cheers ;)

buggyman

buggyman
  • 3 posts
Sure I'd be happy to test it out and let you know what happens. Thanks.

Update: After direct slipstream with the test release everything turned out fine. Thanks mara- :thumbup

Edited by buggyman, 22 August 2008 - 07:52 PM.

ReX_BR

ReX_BR

• 13 posts
Updated Portuguese (Brazil) translation.
Some text can't be translated btw (look at attached images).

Attached Files

mara-

mara-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts
Thanks for translation. I'll add the text you pointed for next beta.

Cheers ;)

SwedenXP

SwedenXP

• PipPip
  • 230 posts
Morning ladies and gentlemen. May I start with saying thanks @mara- for creating this awesome tool!

I took this quote from the first post of this thread.

List of updates for making your Office 2003 System fully updated [download links included] (List will be added soon) :

Of course I have a wish... I would be very grateful if You would post such a list.

Big thanks in advance

SwedenXP B)

Edited by SwedenXP, 24 August 2008 - 03:01 AM.

mara-

mara-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts
Beta 4 is out.

Morning ladies and gentlemen. May I start with saying thanks @mara- for creating this awesome tool!

I took this quote from the first post of this thread.

List of updates for making your Office 2003 System fully updated [download links included] (List will be added soon) :

Of course I have a wish... I would be very grateful if You would post such a list.

Big thanks in advance

SwedenXP B)

I'll try to add it today. If I don't do it today, I'll add it tomorrow for sure.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-, 24 August 2008 - 11:21 AM.

PDL707

PDL707

• 16 posts
For Office 2003 you need SP3 and the following Hot Fixes for an up to date installation. MS has revised KB948988 since its Aug 12, 2008 release, without changing the file name.

KB907417
KB921598
KB943649
KB943973
KB945185
KB945432
KB947355
KB948988
KB950213
KB951548
KB953432
KB954464
KB955434
KB955439

schakan

schakan

• 43 posts
Swedish translation based on Beta 4 is attached.

Cheers :unsure:

Attached Files

mara-

mara-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts
Thank you both.

Cheers ;)

schakan

schakan

• 43 posts
I miss 2 hotfixes in the list above:

KB943452 seems still to be valid for the Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese (Brazil), Spanish and Swedish editions.
KB950241 has not been replaced what I can see (but maybe I'm wrong).

Cheers :blink:

daenon

daenon
  • 5 posts
Updated german language here to download: German.lng

How to translate first line of Options?
Posted Image

mara-

mara-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts
You can't translate it for now. I forgot to add that line to be translatable. Thanks for the update.

Cheers ;)

SwedenXP

SwedenXP

• PipPip
  • 230 posts
Love the updatelist!

I will try it as soon as possible!

Thanx

/ SwedenXP B)

Edited by SwedenXP, 25 August 2008 - 09:52 AM.

SwedenXP

SwedenXP

• PipPip
  • 230 posts
YEAH, me like!

Tested and done! Worked like a charm!

Version 1.7 Beta 4 + those hotfixes that applied to my setup! Based on a "Gold" version with SP3 slipped in.

Everything packed in a rar.exe file with an unattend.mst file with all configurations.

/SwedenXP B)

mara-

mara-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

YEAH, me like!

Tested and done! Worked like a charm!

Version 1.7 Beta 4 + those hotfixes that applied to my setup! Based on a "Gold" version with SP3 slipped in.

Everything packed in a rar.exe file with an unattend.mst file with all configurations.

/SwedenXP B)

I'm glad that everything worked, but can you tell me which method you used, Admin Slipstream or Direct Slipstream?

Cheers ;)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN