Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Office 2000/XP/2003/2007 Slipstreamer - version 1.7.4

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
224 replies to this topic

schakan

schakan

• 43 posts
Swedish translation for 1.7.1 attached.

Cheers

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

mara-

mara-

Office Integrator Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Swedish translation for 1.7.1 attached.

Cheers

It seems that you forgot to attach :D

Cheers ;)

schakan

schakan

• 43 posts
Yes I did, I'm sorry.
Here's the attachment.

Attached Files

mara-

mara-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Yes I did, I'm sorry.
Here's the attachment.

Thanks.

Cheers ;)

SwedenXP

SwedenXP

• PipPip
  • 230 posts
Todays update for Office2003:

http://www.microsoft...n/ms08-055.mspx (Security Bulletin).

Pick Your update from the "Affected Software" table in the middle of the page.

/SwedenXP B)

fdv

fdv

MSFN Expert

• Developer
  • 1,111 posts

Did you before use Office Slipstreamer to slipstream to that Office XP. If yes, that can be the cause. In previous versions of the Slipstreamer, I used custom Setup.exe to launch original Setup.exe

That was it. Worked!
thanks!

mara-

mara-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Did you before use Office Slipstreamer to slipstream to that Office XP. If yes, that can be the cause. In previous versions of the Slipstreamer, I used custom Setup.exe to launch original Setup.exe

That was it. Worked!
thanks!

Great, I'm glad that problem is solved.

Cheers ;)

mara-

mara-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts
Version 1.7.2 is out.

Cheers ;)

ReX_BR

ReX_BR

• 13 posts
Portuguese (Brazilian) translation updated for v1.7.2.

Attached Files

mara-

mara-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Portuguese (Brazilian) translation updated for v1.7.2.

Thanks.

Cheers ;)

Lions

Lions

• 23 posts
Hi mara-, Italian translation updated for v1.7.x.

Attached File  italian.zip   2.92KB   8 downloads

Tested v1.7.2. (MSO 2003 PRO + SP3 + updates list + 09/09/2008 updates), in direct slipstream + my TRANSFORM.MST, and I'm having two little problems:

1) missing HOTFIXES.REG in local MSOCACHE, generating a REGEDIT error: Failed to import file X:\MSOCACHE\....\SETUP\hotfixes.reg (manually added)

2) WU missing Hotfixes: KB955434 (OLK FLT, 08/12/2008 UPDATE), KB950241 (WORD, 05/13/2008 UPDATE) and KB943985V2 (EXCEL 03/19/2008 UPDATE).

Attached File  2008_09_10_17.49.11_log.zip   3.77KB   6 downloads

Ciao :hello:

Lions

mara-

mara-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Hi mara-, Italian translation updated for v1.7.x.

Attached File  italian.zip   2.92KB   8 downloads

Thanks.

Tested v1.7.2. (MSO 2003 PRO + SP3 + updates list + 09/09/2008 updates), in direct slipstream + my TRANSFORM.MST, and I'm having two little problems:

1) missing HOTFIXES.REG in local MSOCACHE, generating a REGEDIT error: Failed to import file X:\MSOCACHE\....\SETUP\hotfixes.reg (manually added)

Well, hotfixes.reg is not designed to be in local cache. When this failure happens. During install? Or when you try to launch something from cache?

2) WU missing Hotfixes: KB955434 (OLK FLT, 08/12/2008 UPDATE), KB950241 (WORD, 05/13/2008 UPDATE) and KB943985V2 (EXCEL 03/19/2008 UPDATE).

Lions

You mean, that those hotfixes are not on the list, or? From the log I see that you did not integrate it, so you probably mean on the list of updates?

Cheers ;)

Marsha

Marsha

• 20 posts
Hello mara-

Unfortunately, I'm back. I just downloaded the latest fixes from MS, and version 1.7.2 of the slipstreamer.

It doesn't work for me.

I've attached the log file. Everything looks just fine there to me, but the final folder (and iso) doesn't have new cab files, rather the old ones. The result of that is the iso does an install of office just fine - then MS Update tells me I need all the hotfixes since SP3.

My suspicion is that you are creating the new cab's and then not copying them from temp back to the destination folder. But you know more about this than I do. What else can I provide you to help troubleshoot this problem.

You should still have the S&T source.

Thanks

-marsha

Attached Files

• Attached File  log.zip   3.21KB   5 downloads

Edited by Marsha, 10 September 2008 - 02:38 PM.

PDL707

PDL707

• 16 posts
I did an Office 2003 installation with SP3 only (no hot fixes) to see want hot fixes I needed. MS update came back with 15 critical hot fixes. I did an admin Slipstream of Office 2003 using version 1.7.1 with SP3 and the 15 hot fixes. I used the new CD to update the prior office installation. MS Update says I still need the 15 updates.

I uninstalled Office and then installed it with the same new CD. MS Update is happy – no updates available. So it appears that the new hot fixes do not get installed, or at least the registry does not get updated, when the slipstreamed CD is used to update a prior Office installation.

I did the same thing with Office 2007 Pro Plus SP1 and have the same exact problem. The only difference is that 2007 has 12 hot fixes.

mara-

mara-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Hello mara-

Unfortunately, I'm back. I just downloaded the latest fixes from MS, and version 1.7.2 of the slipstreamer.

It doesn't work for me.

I've attached the log file. Everything looks just fine there to me, but the final folder (and iso) doesn't have new cab files, rather the old ones. The result of that is the iso does an install of office just fine - then MS Update tells me I need all the hotfixes since SP3.

My suspicion is that you are creating the new cab's and then not copying them from temp back to the destination folder. But you know more about this than I do. What else can I provide you to help troubleshoot this problem.

You should still have the S&T source.

Thanks

-marsha

I did an Office 2003 installation with SP3 only (no hot fixes) to see want hot fixes I needed. MS update came back with 15 critical hot fixes. I did an admin Slipstream of Office 2003 using version 1.7.1 with SP3 and the 15 hot fixes. I used the new CD to update the prior office installation. MS Update says I still need the 15 updates.

I uninstalled Office and then installed it with the same new CD. MS Update is happy – no updates available. So it appears that the new hot fixes do not get installed, or at least the registry does not get updated, when the slipstreamed CD is used to update a prior Office installation.

I did the same thing with Office 2007 Pro Plus SP1 and have the same exact problem. The only difference is that 2007 has 12 hot fixes.

OK, guys, I'll check this tomorrow. It late here now. :zzz:

Cheers ;)

Lions

Lions

• 23 posts
Hi mara-,

Well, hotfixes.reg is not designed to be in local cache. When this failure happens. During install? Or when you try to launch something from cache?

Not a real failure, but only an error message box that appears at the end of the installation process, which is completed successfully and without problems: Office is installed and configured correctly, with all my personal settings activated and functioning properly.
The error message is generated by REGEDIT, right at the end of the setup, when HOTFIXES.REG should be added to the registry.
Only THIS operation fails, and the registry does not get updated.

After adding manually HOTFIXES.REG (doubleclicking on it) and after a healthy reboot, MS Update says I still need these 3 "obsolete" updates:

KB955434 (OLK FLT, August versione replaced by Sept. ver.),
KB950241 (WORD, 05/13/2008 ver., replaced)
KB943985V2 (EXCEL 03/19/2008 ver., replaced)

You mean, that those hotfixes are not on the list, or? From the log I see that you did not integrate it, so you probably mean on the list of updates?

Those hotfixes are not on your (and mine) list of updates, because they were replaced by newer hotfixes.

I did a Direct Slipstream using version 1.7.2 with SP3 and the 15 hot fixes of your list of updates, adding the 3 new updates of September, and removing older version of the Outlook Filters.

I made three tests, all with the same result.

After installing the 3 updates reported, MS Update was happy and said "no updates available".

Lions

mara-

mara-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts
@Marsha

The result of that is the iso does an install of office just fine - then MS Update tells me I need all the hotfixes since SP3.

After looking your log, and re-reading your post, I thing everything is fine, except that reg keys were not merged. I'm doing right now the test of slipstream so I can see if cabs are new or old, but I think the problem is what I already mentioned.

Cheers ;)

Marsha

Marsha

• 20 posts
well the 84 cab files in the destination folder (and the iso) are bit-for-bit) the same and have the dame modification date (8/15/2008 when I made the source folder from CD) so, that certainly leads me to believe they aren't updated.

Can I provide you some additional information?

-marsha

mara-

mara-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

well the 84 cab files in the destination folder (and the iso) are bit-for-bit) the same and have the dame modification date (8/15/2008 when I made the source folder from CD) so, that certainly leads me to believe they aren't updated.

-marsha

That is very strange. I just done slipstream using your source and new cabs were created. But, you said that when you installed that Office, Microsoft Update required all post SP3 updates, but not SP3, which means that cabs were updated. You can also verify, if you open for example Word, and the select Help -> About.

Cheers ;)

daenon

daenon
  • 5 posts
Updated german language to 1.7.2: Download German.lng

mara-

mara-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Updated german language to 1.7.2: Download German.lng

Thanks.

@Lions

.reg file will be cached now for next version. You will have to do another slipstream from scratch.

@PDL707

.reg file will be now merged on upgrade too for Office 2003/2002/XP. You will have to do another slipstream from scratch. Strange thing is for Office 2007. I can't do nothing there, I just extract service pack and hotfixes to Update folder, so that might be Microsoft problem.

Now, only thing left is problem that Marsha is having. After you verify thing I suggested with Help->About and if there is no SP3 showed, please try to do slipstream once more. If some problem appears again, I'll do some changes and I'll send you a test version, if you agree.

Cheers ;)

Marsha

Marsha

• 20 posts

-marsha

That is very strange. I just done slipstream using your source and new cabs were created. But, you said that when you installed that Office, Microsoft Update required all post SP3 updates, but not SP3, which means that cabs were updated. You can also verify, if you open for example Word, and the select Help -> About.

Cheers ;)

No, the cabs were not updated. There is no SP3 showing in the "about" after the install. I agree it's strange that MS Update just gave me the post-sp3 updates as necessary. Maybe because of the xml and setup and other files that were updated.

I happy to do some step-by-step test if it will help you. You need to tell me exactly what you want. You have the exact same source I do, though.

-marsha

mara-

mara-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

-marsha

Cheers ;)

No, the cabs were not updated. There is no SP3 showing in the "about" after the install. I agree it's strange that MS Update just gave me the post-sp3 updates as necessary. Maybe because of the xml and setup and other files that were updated.

I happy to do some step-by-step test if it will help you. You need to tell me exactly what you want. You have the exact same source I do, though.

-marsha

I can only sent you a test version which will keep temp files so I can see if something went wrong. I'll PM you soon, I'll just make necessary modifications and I'll upload it.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-, 11 September 2008 - 10:32 AM.

Marsha

Marsha

• 20 posts
some data for mara- on my latest failed build.

-marsha

some data for mara- on my latest failed build.

-marsha

Edited by Marsha, 12 September 2008 - 11:13 AM.

Marsha

Marsha

• 20 posts
files for mara-

Edited by Marsha, 14 September 2008 - 03:58 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN