Office 2000/XP/2003/2007 Slipstreamer - version 1.7.4

mara-

Hi mara-,

Well, hotfixes.reg is not designed to be in local cache. When this failure happens. During install? Or when you try to launch something from cache?

Not a real failure, but only an error message box that appears at the end of the installation process, which is completed successfully and without problems: Office is installed and configured correctly, with all my personal settings activated and functioning properly.

The error message is generated by REGEDIT, right at the end of the setup, when HOTFIXES.REG should be added to the registry.

Only THIS operation fails, and the registry does not get updated.

After adding manually HOTFIXES.REG (doubleclicking on it) and after a healthy reboot, MS Update says I still need these 3 "obsolete" updates:

KB955434 (OLK FLT, August versione replaced by Sept. ver.),

KB950241 (WORD, 05/13/2008 ver., replaced)

KB943985V2 (EXCEL 03/19/2008 ver., replaced)

You mean, that those hotfixes are not on the list, or? From the log I see that you did not integrate it, so you probably mean on the list of updates?

Those hotfixes are not on your (and mine) list of updates, because they were replaced by newer hotfixes.

I did a Direct Slipstream using version 1.7.2 with SP3 and the 15 hot fixes of your list of updates, adding the 3 new updates of September, and removing older version of the Outlook Filters.

I made three tests, all with the same result.

After installing the 3 updates reported, MS Update was happy and said "no updates available".

Ciao :hello:

Lions

@Marsha

The result of that is the iso does an install of office just fine - then MS Update tells me I need all the hotfixes since SP3.

After looking your log, and re-reading your post, I thing everything is fine, except that reg keys were not merged. I'm doing right now the test of slipstream so I can see if cabs are new or old, but I think the problem is what I already mentioned.

Cheers ;)

well the 84 cab files in the destination folder (and the iso) are bit-for-bit) the same and have the dame modification date (8/15/2008 when I made the source folder from CD) so, that certainly leads me to believe they aren't updated.

Can I provide you some additional information?

-marsha

well the 84 cab files in the destination folder (and the iso) are bit-for-bit) the same and have the dame modification date (8/15/2008 when I made the source folder from CD) so, that certainly leads me to believe they aren't updated.

-marsha

That is very strange. I just done slipstream using your source and new cabs were created. But, you said that when you installed that Office, Microsoft Update required all post SP3 updates, but not SP3, which means that cabs were updated. You can also verify, if you open for example Word, and the select Help -> About.

Cheers ;)

Updated german language to 1.7.2: Download German.lng

Thanks.

@Lions

.reg file will be cached now for next version. You will have to do another slipstream from scratch.

@PDL707

.reg file will be now merged on upgrade too for Office 2003/2002/XP. You will have to do another slipstream from scratch. Strange thing is for Office 2007. I can't do nothing there, I just extract service pack and hotfixes to Update folder, so that might be Microsoft problem.

Now, only thing left is problem that Marsha is having. After you verify thing I suggested with Help->About and if there is no SP3 showed, please try to do slipstream once more. If some problem appears again, I'll do some changes and I'll send you a test version, if you agree.

Cheers ;)

-marsha

That is very strange. I just done slipstream using your source and new cabs were created. But, you said that when you installed that Office, Microsoft Update required all post SP3 updates, but not SP3, which means that cabs were updated. You can also verify, if you open for example Word, and the select Help -> About.

Cheers ;)

No, the cabs were not updated. There is no SP3 showing in the "about" after the install. I agree it's strange that MS Update just gave me the post-sp3 updates as necessary. Maybe because of the xml and setup and other files that were updated.

I happy to do some step-by-step test if it will help you. You need to tell me exactly what you want. You have the exact same source I do, though.

-marsha

-marsha

Cheers ;)

No, the cabs were not updated. There is no SP3 showing in the "about" after the install. I agree it's strange that MS Update just gave me the post-sp3 updates as necessary. Maybe because of the xml and setup and other files that were updated.

I happy to do some step-by-step test if it will help you. You need to tell me exactly what you want. You have the exact same source I do, though.

-marsha

I can only sent you a test version which will keep temp files so I can see if something went wrong. I'll PM you soon, I'll just make necessary modifications and I'll upload it.

Cheers ;)

Edited by mara-

Hello Mara-,

First of all great job you've done here keep it that way. :thumbup

Here's my problem, I have a Office 2007 enterprise cd and I want to direct slipstream service pack and hotfixes in it. But when I choose the "setup.exe" it changes from direct to admin slipstream with no possibility to choose direct again. I'm using version 1.7.2.

Do you have any idea on what may cause this ?

Thanks.