XPS 720 SATA (MSD) Driver, XP Install with Slipstreamed CD

So, the title has a bit much in it so I'm going to start of from the beginning. I have a 720 XPS system that I'm reformatting the driver to have XP Pro SP3 installed on it. I have downloaded the driver for my nVidia Mediashield and have successfully installed XP on the HDD without any problems following the F6 procedure of selecting the driver and etc.

So, maybe I'm being picky, but I am going a step farther now. I have begun the slipstream process for my XP SP3 CD that is completely unattended using nLite and have added in the forceware driver for my video cards and wireless cards etc. I also attached the inf for the SATA drivers, however the system will not recognize the drivers during the initial setup when it says press F6 for drivers...after some research I found this link here explaining why.

Now after reading through it a few times I have the .sys file I need and am fairly sure I've set most of it up correctly, however I was looking for the TXTSETUP.OEM file that is 'supposed' to be with the driver for the additional information and haven't found it.

Or if anyone has any additional information on how they've setup their system using XP with slipstreamed drivers or any just general advice I'd appreciate your comments.

Aedaric

I found the solution after a good solid night of driver searching and contacting dell to find out exactly what chipset came with this specific model. If anyone else is interested just reply and I'll try and explain it to the best of my abilities.

• 4 weeks later...
I found the solution after a good solid night of driver searching and contacting dell to find out exactly what chipset came with this specific model. If anyone else is interested just reply and I'll try and explain it to the best of my abilities.

Maybe you can help me, I have a XPS 720, with vista 32 bits installed, but I want to change to XP Pro 64 bits. I got the nvidia nforce 680i SLI drivers for XP 64 bits from nvidia site (SATA drives) . I run this program with the -x option so it generates the txtsetup.oem file with the SATA drivers (it generates a folder that says SATA-IDE and inside are the drivers and the txtsetup.oem). I use the option F6 and everything worked fine, the windows xp was installed, but after finished, when windows is going to start for first time, a blue screen appears and the system is restarted again and the windows doesn't start, always a very fast blue screen appears and the system is started again.

Could you help me plese.

Art

Maybe you can help me, I have a XPS 720, with vista 32 bits installed, but I want to change to XP Pro 64 bits. I got the nvidia nforce 680i SLI drivers for XP 64 bits from nvidia site (SATA drives) . I run this program with the -x option so it generates the txtsetup.oem file with the SATA drivers (it generates a folder that says SATA-IDE and inside are the drivers and the txtsetup.oem). I use the option F6 and everything worked fine, the windows xp was installed, but after finished, when windows is going to start for first time, a blue screen appears and the system is restarted again and the windows doesn't start, always a very fast blue screen appears and the system is started again.

Could you help me plese.

Art

Use the Mass Storage driverpack from driverpacks.net and slipstream it into your install cd. I have created a version of XP now which has over 50,000 drivers plus the driverpacks in it for this reason im fed up with searching for drivers so trying to find as many as i can.

Anyway i hope the first part helps you out ;)

Stoner81

Could you help me plese.

Art

Use the Mass Storage driverpack from driverpacks.net and slipstream it into your install cd. I have created a version of XP now which has over 50,000 drivers plus the driverpacks in it for this reason im fed up with searching for drivers so trying to find as many as i can.

Anyway i hope the first part helps you out ;)

Stoner81

Thanks for the reply

Is there a way to obtain your version of XP???

Anyway, I will try your solution. Thank you.

Art

• 2 months later...

I also have an XPS 720 that I am trying to downgrade to XP PRO. I have formatted the drive but can not get the nvidia drivers loaded. In order to use F6 do you have a floppy drive acually installed or are you using one of the USB drives? I would be interested in knowng how you did that. I also have the nforce690iSLI chipset