Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Why does System Restore sometimes take so long to open?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Sophy

Sophy

Vista Home Premium SP2 / Avast Internet Security 5 / WinPatrol /

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
I have Windows Vista Home Premium on a Dell XPS 410 with 2 GB RAM.

Sometimes when I open System Restore it will open right up. Other times it takes forever and I'll go in and click on it again and then will get a pop up stating that it's already running but it still hasn't opened. Why is this?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Kindovic

Kindovic

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
mine also takes quite a while to open... maybe it is trying to scan for all the restore points?

Access Denied

Access Denied

Access Denied

• PipPip
  • 239 posts
If you have an external USB hard drive, some of those cause that major delay. I had a Seagate 120GB external that would lag my system restore about 3 minutes. I now have a Maxtor 320GB that does not lag at all. I sold the Seagate the instant I found the Maxtor had no lag opening System Restore.
Q9650 w/ P5Q PRO
4 GB DDR2 OCZ 1200

Sophy

Sophy

Vista Home Premium SP2 / Avast Internet Security 5 / WinPatrol /

• PipPip
  • 113 posts
Thanks for your answers.

I do have a 320GB Iomega USB hard drive, but I don't normally have it turned on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN