vLite v1.2 Final - RapidCatched

nuhi

Thats very weird, i never had that problem. I have a MS pre-integrated sp1 vista ultimate x64, and i integrated all post-SP1 hotfixes (including WS4) from Micro Nova. Installed and updated. No problems

@Legolash2o

I have installed MSN messenger and also visual studio 2008, no problems so far.

btw i used this new vLite rc release to make my new vista iso.

Edited by shahed26

ita probably a non-public update and i do remove a hell of alot, i only keep about 6 things. but normally works fine.

I really think it is the non-public updates. Removing alot is fine aswell, coz i installed vista on my second hdd and removed almost everything except a few, and it also worked fine, including MSN and VS 2008.

I will integrate all the post sp1 non-public updates to see if thats the case, or something else.

Hi nuhi et al,

I'm currently busy slipping in the hotfixes after having succesfully slipstreamed SP1, but boy it takes like 9 hours to get both these tasks finished and applied!

Although I think vlite is an amazing tool, I wonder why we're even slipstreaming SP1 and all the hotfixes. Isn't that the base that every user wants and requires no matter what they want to change with the Vista install? Why not build a big huge slipstreamed Vista (all versions) and make people torrent that DVD, so they only have to get that one, use that for vlite and that way skip all the hassle with the SP1 and hotfixes?

And like many have written before me:

Why even offer the uninstall option for hotfixes? Is there REALLY anyone on this planet who has EVER uninstalled 1 hotfix?

I'm amazed at how bandwidth ineffective and space-wasting these things still are. In just a few weeks I've been downloading about 50 Gigabytes of fixes, drivers, base iso's, of which half was double (I had it already, just didn't know where since all these tasks are so not transparent). I understand that Microsoft is to blame for most of this (they've stopped offering downloadable Vista x64 images too), but still, I don't think we should have to deal with the repeated hassle of slipstreaming until we have the base vista we need. I have my legal vista-license, dammit. Why the need for the non-stop validation everywhere?

Also, just to be certain:

Is there a way to insert our own registry files (.reg) yet, at the final stages of the install? I've seen this feature on the wishlists of many, but I still don't see it in vlite. Would seem an easy one to add, and quite a good one indeed!

Again, thanks for your helpful tool. Very much appreciated!

I'm currently busy slipping in the hotfixes after having succesfully slipstreamed SP1, but boy it takes like 9 hours to get both these tasks finished and applied!

this is because you have slipstreamed the Sp1. There are so many pending packages left and integrating more hotfixes will result in more pending packages which must be handled by the Servicing Stack. If you integrated the Updates to a clean MS Sp1 integrated DVD the integration is much faster.

this is because you have slipstreamed the Sp1. There are so many pending packages left and integrating more hotfixes will result in more pending packages which must be handled by the Servicing Stack. If you integrated the Updates to a clean MS Sp1 integrated DVD the integration is much faster.
Well, obviously I did not have any SP1 DVD I could use. This only proves my statement:

It would be much easier for Microsoft to simply offer the latest of the latest Vista images to the world, with the latest fixes already in them, and offering them as torrents. Would save them a LOT of bandwidth too. Or the vlite community could offer such images as torrents.

If anyone has a Vista x64 SP1 iso for me, including all recent hotfixes slipstreamed. I only require English language pack, that would be perfect. But I don't see any links to torrents here. Guess it's considered "warez" or "illegal". (I don't even see why this would be illegal, I'm still going to have to use my license key for it, am I not?)

Edited by meowing

Well, obviously I did not have any SP1 DVD I could use. This only proves my statement:

It would be much easier for Microsoft to simply offer the latest of the latest Vista images to the world, with the latest fixes already in them, and offering them as torrents. Would save them a LOT of bandwidth too. Or the vlite community could offer such images as torrents.

If anyone has a Vista x64 SP1 iso for me, including all recent hotfixes slipstreamed. I only require English language pack, that would be perfect. But I don't see any links to torrents here. Guess it's considered "warez" or "illegal". (I don't even see why this would be illegal, I'm still going to have to use my license key for it, am I not?)

As long as there's no crack or cd key gen or anything like that, I'd assume it to be legal since it's nothing that MS themselves haven't offered to the public.

Anyways, I've been plagued with the reboot loop myself as well as Vlite saying that certain 32 bit updates don't apply to my system as well as vista itself telling me that several updates that the windows updates report returns don't apply to my system???

Well if they don't apply then why did windows update tell me I need them?!?

In particular, update 935509 says it doesn't apply both in Vlite and from within a non SP1 vista. Yet MS says it's a critical update for SP1 to install correctly. (which SP1 doesn't install from within windows if it's a version I've tweaked with Vlite)

I'm in the process now of integrating SP1 into an image of ultimate 32. I'll save it and burn it to disk for future use so I can have a full, unmolested iso with SP1 already integrated to work with for future builds.

It only brings me back to my original question though of how I'm supposed to be able to integrate all the dozens of hotfixes Iv'e downloaded into any future projects? Becuase it seems that once SP1 gets put into the image, it wreaks havoc on any chances of all the hotfixes sucessfully being integrated with vlite (or at least a lot of them say they can't be integrated when they're SHOULD be) and also, if I don't put any hotfixes in with vlite and try to install them one at a time manually after vista loads, at least 10 or so come back saying they don't apply to this operating system when they SHOULD.

Anyone else face this problem?

Edited by FastRedPonyCar

Actually any non-MS source for a Windows.iso is illegal and will get you banned for posting it here..

Sorry but its just that way and always has been.

It's like some one walking around the mall and giving out homemade copies of vista, even though they are not adding keys they would be paying MS 30% or more of their salary for a very long time...

hey nuhi great work

Some Requests

1.remove windows anytime upgrade which is under system32 and the start menu shortcuts to windows marketplace and windows website

2.remove all those cursors except the aero cursor

3.remove unneeded fonts

4.let the user change the minimum ram needed to continue setup or disable the check

5.add more services under components because there is some which are under tweaks which isnt under components

You dont have to put all these in the next version because im grateful that someone has made this possible

Thanks again on a great piece of software and keep up the good work

Edited by Richard Arkless

SP1 integration went well and installed fine. Running all the windows updates as we speak.

Question (and I'm sure the answer is no) but does the fact that I haven't activated windows yet have any impact on the success of the install of the patches and updates?

Regardless, I'm going to write down which updates fail then try and manually run the install package. If some still don't work, I'll return with a list of the failed patches to see if anyone else has the problem with them.

It'll be interesting to see which of them get successfully integrated in Vlite when I rebuild it again today.

Basically I'm trying to do this one step at a time. I know the oem disk works; I now know that the SP1 slipstream disk works. If the updates all work fine without tossing me into the reboot loop, I'll proceed with another vlite build with all the available patches and updates, verify the success of the install and then finally see whether or not it will let me start yanking components out at that point and still sucessfully install.