vLite v1.2 Final - RapidCatched

nuhi

great work nuhi!! just made new install DVD to install new hard drive i just bought. i integrated SP1 then the hot fixes and the dreamscene addons plus the hot fixes till july 2008 and removed security center, windows defender, welcome center and windows sidebar. made few minor tweaks and integrated my install key. installed perfectly for me. thank you :thumbup

nuhi:

I was slipping in sp1 all language version and 1 language pack + the 2.08a fox vista sp1 pack, and the result was that vlite tells me that the install file is larger then 4gb so it might not work, and it wouldnt have since the iso was probably like 5GB.

So two questions:

Blue ray support? And would it be possible to make the install file split in several files? So i can use several dvd's which i did one time before like half a year ago.

I had to remove all other languages and drivers, but i didn't like that (means i have to input back drivers in vmware if i want to proper test it there)

nuhi:

I was slipping in sp1 all language version and 1 language pack + the 2.08a fox vista sp1 pack, and the result was that vlite tells me that the install file is larger then 4gb so it might not work, and it wouldnt have since the iso was probably like 5GB.

So two questions:

Blue ray support? And would it be possible to make the install file split in several files? So i can use several dvd's which i did one time before like half a year ago.

I had to remove all other languages and drivers, but i didn't like that (means i have to input back drivers in vmware if i want to proper test it there)

Why blue ray? You can get yourself two-layer DVD, which has almost 8GB.

Cheers ;)

Hi

The 1.2RC didn't work for me. I tried it to add SP1 and kept getting BSOD and reboot.

I didn't download the necessary files from microsoft. Instead I installed the 1.16 final then 1.2RC.

Any ways, I thought I should tell you about it and ask if the necessary can be added to vLite 1.2 final instead of us having to download a 1.4GB and 900MB+ files from microsoft?

Thanks for your effort in developping both vLite and nLite.

Great job 32512mk0.pnguhi! I expect more removals but i do prefer a stable release, thanks!

1.2 RC works so much on x64 integrating and removing stuff but i didnt like a few things, ill do removals with final release, id like to see network status window, i can see the network activity icon.

vLiting soon...

Edited by Maxfutur

I just tried to install 1.2 final on a freshly installed nLited XP SP3 build as a VirtualBox 2.0.2 VM, and it kept asking me to install the WIM filter, even though I already installed WAIK and rebooted several times. I fixed it by uninstalling 1.2 final, installing 1.2 RC and launching vLite, then installing 1.2 final. Afterwards, uninstalling 1.2 final and reinstalling 1.2 final will still work fine. Thought I'd post this in case anyone else runs into this problem.

There seems to be a lot of components missing in the final 1.2, suck as tablet pc, disk cleanup... Thay're not essential (I 'd have removed them aniway), but don't know whether it is normal or something is gone wrong in the installation of vlite on my laptop...

should I install vlite 1.2 over the release 1.1.6?

EDIT: solved, it was my fault, sorry!

Edited by David_jcd