Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

vLite v1.2 Final - RapidCatched

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

Pho3nX

Pho3nX
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 23-November 07
Too Late... :rolleyes:

I build a new integration with Vlite 1.1.6 Final and no problem...

Thanks for your support but i wait the Vlite 1.2 final version :hello:

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 6,123 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

if you do not provide information nuhi can't fix it for the final ;)
Posted Image

oskingen

oskingen

MSFN Friend

• PipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts
  • Joined 20-January 08

if you do not provide information nuhi can't fix it for the final ;)

Yeah, sure but look like everyone is on vaccation
:wacko:

Sbecker

Sbecker
  • 1 posts
  • Joined 16-May 08
I have downloaded the latest version of vlite and I try to integrate SP1 and it says it failed and no changes were made. I have also upload my last preset. I have vista ultimate X86 version. I have plenty of free space

Attached Files

malibu

malibu

• 11 posts
  • Joined 07-June 06
Your ini states you're using "vLite v1.1.6 beta 2". The most recent version is 1.2RC. Incidentally, you also appear to be trying to operatate onto an already vLited source.

Dobby

Dobby

• PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Joined 17-May 04
Nuhi, after electing to remove UAC from components the next page shows the tweaks with User Account Control (UAC) Enabled but greyed out. I assume this is because it cannot be enabled because it's been removed. It would be nice if this screen indicated that. So instead of showing 'Enabled' it showed 'Removed'.

Just a thought.

Edited by Dobby, 17 August 2008 - 05:43 AM.

Dynaletik

Dynaletik

• PipPipPipPip
  • 652 posts
  • Joined 18-September 04
@ Dobby: It indicates it by greying it out. I think this is just enough. ;)

Dobby

Dobby

• PipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Joined 17-May 04
Yes but that makes it looks like it's enabled and you cannot turn it off. As I said it's not a big deal but thought I'd mention it as some might get confused.

FastRedPonyCar

FastRedPonyCar

Fixing Airforce IT problems one patch at a time...

• 28 posts
  • Joined 05-June 08
for you guys having trouble, try taking just the oem out of the box iso, slipstream SP1 and apply that then create the iso, burn it to disk. Don't touch anything else, not even the automated install. Just SP1 and that's it, no other hotfixes.

install vista and then run a windows update and write down all the patches that it finds that you need. What I did was use a vista updates downloader that scanned my PC and downloaded the individual kb packages.

Next:

Take the original disk and open Vlite back up and use the original disk's data as the foundation, NOT the one you have slipstreamed SP1 with.

Now once Vlite is open, skip the service pack option and ONLY integrate the patches that the OS said you needed after you just ran the windows update, I also ticked the 4 gig ram fix also.

Now, DONT remove anything. Apply, rebuild and burn that to disk.

Now, take THAT disk's data and use it as the foundation for your next build.

At this point, slipstream SP1 but again, do NOT remove any components. Apply and build the iso.

Now, for the final build, you should have a disk that has the post SP1 hotfixes integrated as well as SP1 slipstreamed and NOTHING else removed.

Take this disk and use Vlite to use it's contents to start removing components, automated install, etc...

If you do it like this, it SHOULD work and best of all, windows updates should work without giving the reboot loop.

I've built 4 install disks from scratch this way and can verify that for me, it's worked flawlessly every time. For whatever reason, if you integrate the post SP1 hotfixes, rebuilt, slipstream SP1, rebuild then strip down, rebuild, it works with no errors trying to install patches or anything like that.
E8400 @ 3.78Ghz w/Zalman CNPS9500 @ 31*c/42*C load + MSI 8800 Ultra OC @ 705 core / 1225 mem w/Accelero Xtreme 8800 + ABIT IP35 Pro + 150 gig VelociRaptor + 1.34 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage + 4 Gigs Corsair XMS2 DHX DDR2 800 RAM + 1200 watt SilverStone Decathlon PSU

4 Lines of text here, read the rules please.

anonymous_user

anonymous_user

͏͏͏

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • Joined 25-December 05
@FastRedPonyCar - why do you integrate the updates first and then SP1?

FastRedPonyCar

FastRedPonyCar

• 28 posts
  • Joined 05-June 08

because if you do SP1 then hotfixes, you'll get the ntoskrnl.exe corrupted error message when it loads the setup files.

for some reason, it works when you integrate the post sp1 hotfixes first.
E8400 @ 3.78Ghz w/Zalman CNPS9500 @ 31*c/42*C load + MSI 8800 Ultra OC @ 705 core / 1225 mem w/Accelero Xtreme 8800 + ABIT IP35 Pro + 150 gig VelociRaptor + 1.34 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage + 4 Gigs Corsair XMS2 DHX DDR2 800 RAM + 1200 watt SilverStone Decathlon PSU

footballking3420

footballking3420

Horror & Metal purist

• PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Joined 13-June 06

because if you do SP1 then hotfixes, you'll get the ntoskrnl.exe corrupted error message when it loads the setup files.

I slipstream SP1 and then integrate the hotfixes and I have never received any error when installing.

FastRedPonyCar

FastRedPonyCar

• 28 posts
  • Joined 05-June 08

I slipstream SP1 and then integrate the hotfixes and I have never received any error when installing.

have you removed any components and still had it install without errors?

footballking3420

footballking3420

Horror & Metal purist

• PipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Joined 13-June 06

have you removed any components and still had it install without errors?

I removed everything except printer support, application compatibility, and one other thing that I can't remember using vLite 1.2 Beta. Maybe you're using non-SP1 hotfixes? I'm not really sure.

aviv00

aviv00

Windowaizer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 988 posts
  • Joined 02-April 07
nuhi could u add feather to next vlite

that will be able to pre-install feather like telnet or .NET 3 or uninstall it ? like WAIK do

thx

Legolash2o

Legolash2o

Win Toolkit Programmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts
  • Joined 09-February 07
why do people say feathers instead of features? Noticed it quite a lot actually :P

Jeronimo

Jeronimo

vLite user

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Joined 26-October 03
Both from a vLite'd Windows Vist x64 as a clean 1 I get an .NET error, see the attachment.

Attached Files

• Attached File  HB.ini   14.06KB   11 downloads

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 6,123 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

where did you get this error? You're trying to select an Value which is not present inside a combobox
Posted Image

Richard Arkless

Richard Arkless

Junior

• Pip
  • 70 posts
  • Joined 13-June 08
does anyone know when the next release is or expected to be or hasnt it got a time frame and is released when there is good amount of updates

Edited by Richard Arkless, 22 August 2008 - 02:54 PM.

anonymous_user

anonymous_user

͏͏͏

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts
  • Joined 25-December 05
Itll be released when its ready.

Jeronimo

Jeronimo

vLite user

• PipPipPip
  • 395 posts
  • Joined 26-October 03

where did you get this error? You're trying to select an Value which is not present inside a combobox

Good point, forgot to mention I get it right after clicking apply.

RockOn

RockOn

• 22 posts
  • Joined 04-April 08
I got black screen through the whole installation process when intel 945gm graphic card driver is put to integrate. Additionally I also got those driver sign issues. It wasn't a good experience at all.

marauder16

marauder16

• 37 posts
  • Joined 09-December 07
I have no problems what so ever, did already two v-lite installations both for my desktop and the lappy, now just to install them =)
thnx nuhi once again for another great version ;)
to understand...

frod

frod

• 17 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08
- Feature request: disable page file from tweak screen (when removed after install defrag more or less necessary)
- Feature request: start menu customization - control panel as menu / disable group taskbar buttons
- Feature request: set computer workgroup
- Possible mistype: removing qos doesnt seem to have an impact on anything really
- Bug report: choosing all hotfixes from fox's update pack (http://www.foxs-extr...ead.php?tid=309) and integrating all at once causes blue screen with error in a short name dll (host is vlited 64bit home premium + sp1 slipstreamed, new files copied from factory vista home premium sp1)
- You already knew this: vLite rocks (and nLite too for that matter)

A little later i'll try and integrate all of the hotfixes separatly and report which was the baddy.

edit: well no blue screen, i have no idea why i cant get it again but got it the last 2 times...... anyway, this brings me to:
- Feature request: options - log file (like "integrating kb123456.... done")

Edited by frod, 25 August 2008 - 08:10 PM.

frod

frod

• 17 posts
  • Joined 22-April 08

I got black screen through the whole installation process when intel 945gm graphic card driver is put to integrate. Additionally I also got those driver sign issues. It wasn't a good experience at all.

I'm getting errors when working with intel integrated graphics too. My solution is to not integrate the drivers, install on first boot, and reboot right away. You might get an error on install if you do if from device manager rather then the setup program since i think it starts a service or something, but the reboot fixes that, and if done during install via integration windows doesnt seem able to cope with the error.

Stupid intel video drivers.... took me for freaking ever to figure out....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users