Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

vLite v1.2 Final - RapidCatched

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

mikelike

mikelike
  • 1 posts

- Feature request: start menu customization - control panel as menu / disable group taskbar buttons
- Possible mistype: removing qos doesnt seem to have an impact on anything really
- You already knew this: vLite rocks (and nLite too for that matter)

* Some more start menu / explorer options as in n-Lite would be nice.

* I think hes right about QOS

Nice work so far :)

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

TedJBrown

TedJBrown

WindowsFan

• 23 posts
Yes, I hope then next version of vLite will let us slipstream Vista SP2 and IE8.

IvanVL1982

IvanVL1982
  • 1 posts
I am use vlite for windows 7 and proces seccesful end, but when I am burn disk and boot from it I have a message "windows could not collect information for osimage, since the specified image file install.wim does not exist", but on disk in "source" folder exist install.wim.
How fix this eroor?

sweept

sweept

Junior

• Pip
  • 69 posts
I installed wAIK for windows 7. Vlite doesn't see that ...
I'm not going to uninstall the win 7 wAIK so I will look for more options, ..what other tools to help customize & compatible with win 7

any ideas are welcome ..

thanks

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,788 posts
vLite DOES NOT SEE WAIK for Windows7!!!

You HAVE to use WAIK for Vista SP1

notosapien

notosapien

• 12 posts

Yes, I hope then next version of vLite will let us slipstream Vista SP2 and IE8.

Second on that~

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

You can integrate English IE8 with the current version of vLite.For non english langpacks use Vista-Tool

I am use vlite for windows 7 and proces seccesful end, but when I am burn disk and boot from it I have a message "windows could not collect information for osimage, since the specified image file install.wim does not exist", but on disk in "source" folder exist install.wim.
How fix this eroor?

Do not touch the Unattended tab.Changing anything in there will corrupt the Win7 image

georgeasch

georgeasch

• 17 posts
You can integrate English IE8 with the current version of vLite. For non english langpacks use Vista-Tool

@ Tomorrow

which Vista-Tool are you talking about exactly? :unsure:

Edited by georgeasch, 31 May 2009 - 04:36 AM.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

You can integrate English IE8 with the current version of vLite. For non english langpacks use Vista-Tool

@ Tomorrow

A program with the name Vista-Tool:
http://forum.driverp...pic.php?id=3334

georgeasch

georgeasch

• 17 posts

@ Tomorrow

A program with the name Vista-Tool:
http://forum.driverp...pic.php?id=3334

very interesting, thank you :thumbup

pm*

pm*

MSFN Patron

• PipPip
  • 108 posts
Thanks a Lot for the nuhi for his awesome Program vLite also :thumbup

gdh

gdh

• 19 posts
i hope get a new version Vlite :rolleyes:

Zumoc

Zumoc

• PipPip
  • 173 posts
Hi,
i have a simple answer for the creator of Vlite. I would to know why Vlite is not updated since 08/2008.

Sorry for my english...isn't my default :D .

Bye

czysj

czysj
  • 3 posts
when may i find the "7lite" ?
I hope use 7lite to lite win 7 ,because win 7 made by vlite has some error,as arp.exe ,netstat.exe,snaptool.exe......

steven4554

steven4554

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

Hi,
i have a simple answer for the creator of Vlite. I would to know why Vlite is not updated since 08/2008.

Bye

When he has time to do an update for both of his programs, which at the moment he doesn't, you can wait or use the waik or any other utility to customise your installation.

when may i find the "7lite" ?
I hope use 7lite to lite win 7 ,because win 7 made by vlite has some error,as arp.exe ,netstat.exe,snaptool.exe......

There is no product in existence today called 7lite, but you can use either vlite 1.1.6 or the waik to help you out with your customising.

Edited by steven4554, 10 August 2009 - 09:11 AM.

My Updates Lists for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Update

My desktop specs (all to be upgraded some time this year):-

CPU: AMD PhenomII X2 555 at 3.2Ghz (Upgrade to AMD FX-6300 Black Edition at 3.5Ghz)
M/B: Asus M5A87
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz (upgrade to 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz)
HDD: 120GB SanDisk Extreme SSD (Add 1TB Seagate SSHD)
GPU: 1GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeforceGTX Ti 550

Optical: Samsung DVD-ROM and Samsung 24x DVD rewriter (Upgrade to BD-ROM and BD rewriter)

icemanx

icemanx
  • 6 posts
love it thanks :)

hclarkjr

hclarkjr

• PipPip
  • 299 posts
has nuhi finally called it quits? the vlite website is gone

Cooler master HAF932, Dell 2408WFP, Gigabyte P67A-UD4 B3 REV. 1.1, Intel core I7 2600K@ 4GHZ, XIGMATEK SD-1283 Gaia, Intel X25-M G2 160GB, 16GB DDR3 1600 Gskill Ripjaws ,XFX radeon HD6950, Pioneer BDR-205, Samsung SH-S243N 24X DVD-RW, western digital black 2TB,Antec TPQ-850 850W , windows 8.1 pro X64

futureaxs

futureaxs
  • 2 posts
http://www.vlite.net/

it's Alive

Zumoc

Zumoc

• PipPip
  • 173 posts

Hi,

Bye

When he has time to do an update for both of his programs, which at the moment he doesn't, you can wait or use the waik or any other utility to customise your installation.

Another utility? Such as ?

Ok,i hope a a new release of vLite because i think that is unique and Seven deserves to be worked because it is better than Vista.Also there are many other users who have with their tests may have helped a new vLite version.

Tuttavia vLite è ancora il migliore anche se avrebbe bisogno di qualche aggiornamento. :thumbup

steven4554

steven4554

• PipPip
  • 285 posts

Hi,

Bye

Another utility? Such as ?

Ok,i hope a a new release of vLite because i think that is unique and Seven deserves to be worked because it is better than Vista.Also there are many other users who have with their tests may have helped a new vLite version.

Tuttavia vLite è ancora il migliore anche se avrebbe bisogno di qualche aggiornamento. :thumbup

There is two utilities to rival vlite and also works with win7, click here and here to download them.

Edited by steven4554, 06 October 2009 - 06:56 AM.

My Updates Lists for Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 8.1 Update

My desktop specs (all to be upgraded some time this year):-

CPU: AMD PhenomII X2 555 at 3.2Ghz (Upgrade to AMD FX-6300 Black Edition at 3.5Ghz)
M/B: Asus M5A87
Memory: 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz (upgrade to 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz)
HDD: 120GB SanDisk Extreme SSD (Add 1TB Seagate SSHD)
GPU: 1GB GDDR5 Nvidia GeforceGTX Ti 550

Optical: Samsung DVD-ROM and Samsung 24x DVD rewriter (Upgrade to BD-ROM and BD rewriter)

Zumoc

Zumoc

• PipPip
  • 173 posts
Hi steven

i had try this app but does not work whith my italian iso.

Sculder

Sculder
  • 1 posts
vLite DOES WORK with Windows 7.

Guys I didn't know if it was posted already but when I needed that info I dindn't find in here or elsewhere. So I just registered for this reason to share my experience. It took me 3 days (time after work) to figure it out, how to work with vLite on Win7 and don't get error msg on install.

What you have to do is: Do not touch "services" in components and tweaks. You can disable services after install, so its no big deal. I cut whatever I want just leave services alone. Everything works fine. I didn't ran tests on "networking" (didn't cunt anything), so im not sure about this. But there is not really a need to take smth out of there.

Good luck!

Edited by Sculder, 27 November 2009 - 11:22 AM.

vanila2000

vanila2000
  • 1 posts
I installed vlite and downloaded the .iso file for WAIK as instructed. But ,when Installing WAIK, it says temporary key expired, enter new key. Pl. give me a solution. Without WAIK, vlite wont work.

Thanx,
Priya

theKramer

theKramer

• PipPip
  • 125 posts

Donator

You dont need WAIK for vLite.
Just click yes on "install the WIM filter" box when it pops up. That should do it.

Otherwise, download vLite 1.1.6 and update that with 1.2.

Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN