[Old Guide] Services and components

Randomness

1. sound controller driver, it won't affect system like harddisk or motherboard, also vista can find it very quickly through windowsupdate.

2. IMAPlv2 Burning Support, if I use nero, can I safely remove it?

1. sound controller driver, it won't affect system like harddisk or motherboard, also vista can find it very quickly through windowsupdate.

2. IMAPlv2 Burning Support, if I use nero, can I safely remove it?

1. if its a driver thats on the original dvd then it should be on windows update and no it wont effect anything

2. yes you can remove imapi because nero uses third party components, I think only microsoft based burning software uses it e.g. wmp

Edited by Richard Arkless

Hey there, I have a question. I am Vliting my version of Vista Ultimate for my laptop. I won't ever connect to the laptop with remote desktop but i may want to use my laptop to connect to my home desktop computer. So i was wondering if I remove Remote desktop and Assistance what does that do? Does it completly slag remote desktop or will it still let me use remote desktop client to connect to some other computer?

Thx in advance

can someone provide a list of components vlite can remove because I havent got a full ISO of vista, just one which someone else has done

I might try and make a list of what components can be removed without any trouble

That sounds illegal. Tut. Tut.

i make my version of vista and i distribute it to my friends, they install it with their own serial. what's wrong with you guys? even vlite in its unattended setting installs a trial windows vista serial.

and i have a version of vista and a version of windows server 2008 distributed legally by magazines here in greece. i could turn those trial versions to full by purchasing a serial.

illegal is to distribute a warez version, not a trial.

Edited by doomangel

Printers - remove it all use the web to get the lastest driver

Scanners - remove it all use the web to get the lastest driver

I would point out that many Printer/Scanner drivers use parts of the integrated drivers.Canon for example.Removing integrated drivers means that Scanner/printer wont work even with fresh drivers.

IMAPv2 Burning support is needed for a ISO maker app that uses it.

i think its better to put those core drivers files in printer support

Grafx - I followed this layout fairly close and it came out to 5 and a half gigs initial install.

Michal - don't bother removing UAC. Just disable it under tweaks. If "something" were to try to enable them and it were not installed it would be a huge headache.

Lobbie - you are absolutely right. My main concern aside from wrong explinations is that he advocates using freeware in place of some accessories, but not others, and says to use something better than defender "Seriously" without any explaination or suggestions...