Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

acdsee 6.0.2

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

beppemito

beppemito

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 422 posts
i need switch for acdsee 6.0.2 with .reg registration..anyone?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

ahmedramzi

ahmedramzi

• PipPip
  • 258 posts
ME too

if this could make any help, I've found the path of the registration key in the registry: HKLM\software\ACD Systems\61\LicenseNumber..

XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC

MSFN SuperB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,070 posts
I've made a package for acdsee, I don't put the registry as a .reg file
instead i put the reg key in the box, the one where u normally write the regkey. I can get u an msi file to do these. without the serial key I suppose. but you'll have to tell me what kind of install method u guys choose. I use customize (I take out camera extension plugins, slide show maker thing, and some other....)

beppemito

beppemito

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 422 posts

I use customize (I take out camera extension plugins, slide show maker thing, and some other....)

i use default installation(not customize installation)!

XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC

MSFN SuperB

• 5,070 posts
I'll try to make one up for monday night or tuesday

beppemito

beppemito

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 422 posts
thanks..but the version? 6.0.2? i have acdsee 6.0.2 trial italian....can i use your package??

ahmedramzi

ahmedramzi

• PipPip
  • 258 posts
And mine is the default 6.0 verison..
thanks XtremeMaC, I'll be waiting for your package..

XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC

MSFN SuperB

• 5,070 posts
I'll try to do it for english & italian

but in the meantime:

I chosed this msi editing method because I didn't want all the features of acdsee 6.

But you guys, since you want all the features, can go ahead and use the following switches to install acdsee 6 silently, without the need of my file.

1st. you'll have to export your current Acdsee registry as ahmedramzi mentioned in his previos post. and save it as acdsee6.reg

2nd. Open up the acdsee setup, let it load the whole thing. Then don't press anything on the setup

3rd. Go to your folder:
c:\documents and settings\"user name"\Local settings\Temp\"a unique folder mine is=_is71D"

There you'll be seing 4 files. one of them is going to be called Acdsee 6.0 powerpack.msi (or similar) u don't have to think about the other files.

4th. grab this .msi file and your exported acdsee6.reg file and copy them into a folder in the unattended cd.

5th. depending on which method u use change the install commands
first put the registry key to run by regedit /s acdsee6.reg then put
Acdsee 6.0 powerpack.msi /QB or /QN.

this way your registry will be imported first and then u won't need to deal with the rest

here's the exact path
msiexec /i acdsee.msi REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS /qb-

and the registry should look like this
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ACD Systems\61]
"LicenseNumber"="XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ACD Systems\ACDSee\60]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ACD Systems\FotoCanvas\30]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ACD Systems\FotoSlate\30]

also one of the files in the temp folder is an .ini folder which you can put all these information into. But I don't know how to use the .ini files.
If anyone could enlighten us on that, it would be easier than importing the registry.

ahmedramzi

ahmedramzi

• PipPip
  • 258 posts

If anyone could enlighten us on that, it would be easier than importing the registry.

Your REG method is fine, XtremeMaC :)
thank you

Visentinel

Visentinel

• PipPip
  • 236 posts

:) your lucky most people here arent creul / dirty minded :rolleyes:

XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC

MSFN SuperB

• 5,070 posts
:rolleyes: :)

ahmedramzi

ahmedramzi

• PipPip
  • 258 posts

:rolleyes: your lucky most people here arent creul / dirty minded :D

Sorry, but I didn't get what you mean :)

xibmer

xibmer
  • 9 posts
XtremeMaC,

how to prevent the camera plugins from installing by default?

xibmer

orlith

orlith
  • 9 posts
What about the tips windows, the software web licensing windows...

Has anyone try to put them off for all users ?

In my case each time a new user logon, and launch acdsee, it got the licensing reminder, the tips windows...

and I want to disable it for all userrs !

Thx

mlu

mlu

• 44 posts
I have ACDSee PowerPack 6 & teh 6.0.2 update. How should I do a silent install and no reboot (I want to install only ACDSee without any plug-ins and s***) and after that install the update (silent)?

LiquidSage

LiquidSage

Wayward Prophet

• PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts

I have ACDSee PowerPack 6 & teh 6.0.2 update. How should I do a silent install and no reboot (I want to install only ACDSee without any plug-ins and s***) and after that install the update (silent)?

ACDSee6 is now at 6.0.3. Get that update and extract the msp file.
Now patch your 6.0 file, so your install time is reduced and package size. It is also less hassle to create a mst file. Mst is best for doing custom modifications and creating a answer file.

Your Acdsee6.0.0.msi file is in a folder @ C:\ACDPP6. you update msp is at c:\
run from cmd line...
msiexec /p C:\*.MSP /a C:\ACDPP6\*.MSI shortfilenames=true /qb
* is the name of your file.

Now download MaSai, or a trial ed. of Wise or Devstudio. Read about making a transform or use the transform wizards (Wise Installtailor for ex.) that are included to generate a mst file.
You will be able to insert the sll_licensenumber, allusers, supress reboot and configure which items to be installed. You can also add extra items such as realview, photostitcher, or other msi based files easily to make a complete acdsee package.

Attach mst to you cmd install line.
msiexec.exe /I "<path>\*.MSI" TRANSFORMS="<path>\*.MST"

mlu

mlu

• 44 posts
Thanks! I'll try your method and let you know if it works.

hajj_3

hajj_3

• PipPip
  • 119 posts
im a little confused, i have acdsee 6.03 powerpack FULL, not 6.0 + update. i have a serial, but i dont want to install many of the things like camera plusgins etc, anyone help. the file is a .exe file.

Guest_SurfD_*

Guest_SurfD_*
  • Guests
Not sure how you would go about chopping pieces out of the install, but if you want a TOTALLY painless, completely invisible, unattended install of the full 6.0X package, you could just add the following switch to the .msi file: (not sure where I found it by the way, but it works)

/QN USERNAME=USER ALLUSERS=1 SLL_LICENSENUMBER=XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX-XXX REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS

this basicly installs it completely silently, prevents a reboot, AND registers it for you.

In my case, my install is a 1 meg MSI file, in a directory loaded with other stuff. this other stuff includes plugins directorys and installs for other apps, so I guess you could delete the stuff you dont want installed out of the directorys and it might work (could give you errors on not finding them tho)

XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC

MSFN SuperB

• 5,070 posts
^^true^^

hey i had not been getting reply notifications from this post sorry for those who had waited for an msi out of acdsee.
here's what i could do, or will try to do. a similar set up like winamp's, only this time nothing in acdsee 6.03powerpack will be modified.
u'll have the option to install/not install camera plugins, fotocanvas etc..
i dunno when it would be ready though... if i don't post anything about it in 1 week someone post a reply or pm me or something...

Alanoll

Alanoll

CODE tags people, CODE tags!

• Patrons
  • 5,496 posts
instead of recreating the whole MSI, you could just edit the features to add the optionally via commandline.

It would be faster and easier instead of recreating the whole thing from scratch.
Welcome to the Forum! Please READ Me!!
Alright, that's it for the site for now. Now on to the next project....which could concievable replace the current site :)

Please

Please

• 10 posts
Did anyone try to silent install Acdsee standard 5.0?
I go to this folder c:\documents and settings\"user name"\Local settings\Temp\
and got 4 files.
Setup.INI, _ISMSIDEL.INI, 0x0409.ini, ACDSee 5.0 Standard.msi.
By the way, it is a retail version, not a trial version.

Then I use
1. *.msi /QB or /QN
2. msiexec /i *.msi REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS /qb-
and regestry. I used both methods.

Acdsee 5.0 works, but it can't auto establish image file associations. I need to do that by myself.

I mean I need to start Acdsee and click Tools>>>File Associations>>>Images Files>>>Select All, then I can open Image files with Acdsee.
If I don't use silent install, then it can auto establish image file associations.
How to silent install acdsee 5.0 and auto establish image file associations? any way out?

XtremeMaC

XtremeMaC

MSFN SuperB

• 5,070 posts
yea but be carefull on what u remove! some of them are dependent on each other...

@Please i haven't experienced that, i'll check, i still use 5.0 powerpack.

Alanoll

Alanoll

CODE tags people, CODE tags!

• Patrons
  • 5,496 posts
oh i didn't say anything about removing :)

but if you look at the normal installer, jsut set the same options that the normal one does, but conditional via cmdline lol.
Welcome to the Forum! Please READ Me!!
Alright, that's it for the site for now. Now on to the next project....which could concievable replace the current site :)

Please

Please

• 10 posts
By the way, I read following link and this link is for acdsee standard 5.01 to silent install, but still can't work :)
http://www.msfn.org/...pic=12657&st=40

This link, either. :rolleyes:
http://www.msfn.org/...showtopic=17365

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN