Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

acdsee 6.0.2

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

LiquidSage

LiquidSage

Wayward Prophet

• PipPipPipPip
  • 577 posts
  • Joined 29-August 03
You can't reg. file associations via cmd line on a silent install as far as i can tell due to the fact that custom action "SetFileAssociations" is not a advertised public property. You can directly edit the msi, or use a transform (.mst) to work around this. Get Wise studio or InstallShield Tuner.....the eval. versions will build them for you easily and you will be able to maintain vendor support since the msi packages will not be modified. Through an mst, you will also be able to specify what you would like installed (i don't like the Camera plugs or the internet printing services) and also input your personal info as well (name, company, serial number. etc)

You can also capture the changes in the registry and just do a silent reg import.

If anyone cares....the msi uses SetFileAssociations to make a call to ShellIntMgr.dl (v.5x) or ShellIntMgr20.dll (v.6x)l. I haven't looked into the call switches for these dll's, but it could offer a workaround.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Astalavista

Astalavista

MSFN loyalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts
  • Joined 02-December 03
Version 7 is out build 54 i think

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users