iTunes without QuickTime

ajua

is it the same? (iTunesSetup-8.0.0.35)

iTunesSetup.exe REGSRCH_MEDIA_DEFAULTS=0 REGSRCH_DESKTOP_SHORTCUTS=0 AUTORUN=0 BONJOUR_IS_INSTALLED=0 AMDS_IS_INSTALLED=0 AMDS20_IS_INSTALLED=0 ASUW_IS_INSTALLED=0 MOBILEME_IS_INSTALLED=0 QUICKTIME_IS_INSTALLED=0

Some of those properties were set manually in the installer tables but i'm using just the iTunes MSI installers to make modifications, not the main executable.

Has anyone else tried elajua's new installer with Shark's Quicktime Lite for VCP? I downloaded and installed the latest version of QT for VCP from Shark's website, but iTunes 8 is still telling me I need Quicktime installed.

Has anyone else tried elajua's new installer with Shark's Quicktime Lite for VCP? I downloaded and installed the latest version of QT for VCP from Shark's website, but iTunes 8 is still telling me I need Quicktime installed.

here is my iTunes addon which goes along with my quicktime installer BUT

shark

Edited by Shark007

here is my iTunes addon which goes along with my quicktime installer

shark

Running the add-on gives me the error "This add-on requires Quicktime Alternative 2.7.0 or Quicktime LT 2.7.0. I've downloaded and installed your quicktime installer, and I've used your installer with an iPod.

EDITTED by Shark007 to update the URL's in my quoted post

Edited by Shark007

Running the add-on gives me the error "This add-on requires Quicktime Alternative 2.7.0 or Quicktime LT 2.7.0. I've downloaded and installed your quicktime installer, and I've used your installer with an iPod.

OK, thanks for the information. I'll release my own 'iTunes addon'. Its nothing special,

just 2 files that were ommitted from the quicktime installer along with a reg entry as to where iTunes can find them.

I'll get it out a.s.a.p.

shark

The QuickTime Alternative iTunes addon works great. For your Vista Codec Package users will be great if get your own addon for this.

Maybe you can re-release QuickTime for VCP to include those changes. This way, people just install one thing.

Elajua,

Everything works great with the your installer and Quicktime for VCP + itunes addon. However, I just want to let you know that when I try to update my iPod firmware in iTunes, it complains that I do not have itunes 8. It's not a big deal, because you can do a manual update but I wanted to make you aware.

Until shark releases his addon, is there a way to manually add those files and reg entries? I need to sync my iPod :P

You can always install QuickTime Alternative 2.7.0, then install QuickTime Alternative iTunes Add-on 2.7.0 and you're done.

If you prefer Shark's QuickTime for VCP, uninstall the above when Shark release his addon.